Hartleys D**kpunchers v Duffys D**ks

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Give us a terrace rather than an all-seater where you require binoculars to see what's going on at the other end of the pitch and I'll happily stand in the rain.

Do modern stadiums all have longer pitches like?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Was it not just last season that Morton went until about March undefeated at home? Why such the turn around in home form? 

A few days under a year undefeated at home. Think it was when Dunfermline beat us in April.

Can't quite work out why the home form has gotten so poor.

Width of pitch at Cappielow not suiting our game.

In seriousness the negative fan response to new ticketing has lead to less backing from the terracing and finishing 4th last season means teams are siting in more and hitting on the break.

Really not sure about this one. We have done well at Falkirk the last few games, but they have obviously had the better of us so far this season. They will know if they beat us, they have half a chance at a Playoff spot which is madness when you think where they were a couple of months ago. 

Hopefully line up something like;

Gats

Doyle O'ware Lamie Iredale

Tidser Murdoch Harkins Ross.

Tiffoney Oliver.

Bench- Brennan, McHugh, Baird, Russell, Strapp, 

If Tidser is not 100% can see Ross switching over and Russell coming in.

Hoping for a sneaky 0-1 but head says 1-1.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Even if we win I'd still be looking behind us rather than in front. I think the majority of sensible Falkirk fans would. 

No chance Dumbarton are catching you IMO.

They will be lucky to match your current points total of 30.  Only  3 points out of their last 27.  They surely know themselves its the playoffs for them this season.

4 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

In seriousness the negative fan response to new ticketing has lead to less backing from the terracing 

1504252538093.jpg.0d1dbb287064f51d1650ab136ffd2901.jpg

If that's your 'serious' analysis then I'd hate to see you taking the piss. 

22 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Even if we win I'd still be looking behind us rather than in front. I think the majority of sensible Falkirk fans would. 

This. Who would have thought at this stage in the season we would be 8th ? Telling that it's March and We still don't know who our 1st choice keeper is.

Still it is what it is so onwards and upwards to next season.

This. Who would have thought at this stage in the season we would be 8th ? Telling that it's March and We still don't know who our 1st choice keeper is.
Still it is what it is so onwards and upwards to next season.

A bit pessimistic tbh. If we win or draw today we will be up to seventh.
Unless Dumbarton regain some ground today with their home game I think we should be looking upwards rather than back. The team we have had since the turn of the year are not bottom two material despite the shite display last weekend.

56 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Unless Dumbarton regain some ground today with their home game I think we should be looking upwards rather than back. The team we have had since the turn of the year are not bottom two material despite the shite display last weekend.

I can't see us getting top 4 even with a much improved 2nd half of the season.

I also don't see us being 9th and think we will finish well ahead of Dumbarton.

There's too many teams for us to get past, we could finish above a team like Dundee United or Dunfermline in isolation but we'd be needing five teams to have atrocious form over the season. 

I'd take a point today, would go with this side:

Thomson 

Tumilty Muirhead Grant McGhee Robson 

McKee Taiwo Sibbald

Longridge Jakubiak 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Our run in on paper isn't a good one, three out the top  four away, queens and Dumbarton are never easy away and we have struggled with Inverness all season away. Brechin at home, could be gallus and say fifers home is similar to Brechin but I know it won't be  and probably the champions (St Mirren) on our patch last home game.

I personally feel 6pts is what we need, 3 today would as good as give us that 6, we are still not that very good which is the main problem of not looking at upwards in heights mentioned

There's too many teams for us to get past, we could finish above a team like Dundee United or Dunfermline in isolation but we'd be needing five teams to have atrocious form over the season. 

I'd take a point today, would go with this side:
Thomson 
Tumilty Muirhead Grant McGhee Robson 
McKee Taiwo Sibbald
Longridge Jakubiak 
I'd be okay with this maybe hazard in goals but okay with this 11

I can't see us getting top 4 even with a much improved 2nd half of the season.
I also don't see us being 9th and think we will finish well ahead of Dumbarton.

I think our remaining realistic hope of fourth place went when we failed to beat Sons at home.
But you never know.
As has been said we have a lot of tricky fixtures to play but if you are a real optimist I guess you could also say we have the opportunity to pick up ground on those above us...

Archived