Hartleys D**kpunchers v Duffys D**ks

Battle of the arse cheek victims, but at least Falkirk landed a blow.....

I think we can all agree that it will be pleasant to be back to getting involved in a buildup that involves neither of the ugly twins. At least until resident psychopath Rudolph Hucker locates the thread.

Anyway, I think we need to consider returning to the team that IMO played our best games of the season. So get Louis back up top with Nelson* and stick Lewis Kidd back in midfield beside Sibbs and Sir Tam.

*or Louis beside Jak... Not convinced Jak and Nelson works and Louis behind them leaves the midfield a bit light for me.

We know what we will get from Morton. In the two games we have beat them, we dominated midfield. We have recently ceased to dominate midfield by sticking an extra forward in. Sometimes less is more.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tam Taiwo didn't have the best of games yesterday so he'll be in full on rage mode and ready to kick the utter f**k out of these Greenockian deviants. 

3-0, Taiwo hat trick.

A lot more confident playing away from home this season for some reason we seem to be class on the road and jobbies at home, therefore Morton win with big Gazza Harkins bossing the game as always and getting on the score sheet  :thumsup2

Theres no doubt Morton are doing pretty well in the league. I just didnt see anything at Cappielow last time out to understand why. We did play really well that day. Just a bit wary of Morton away form but we should also be confident enough to go for the win here.

That day we won because we were better man for man. I just hope the likes of Sibbs, Robson and Taiwo who stood out that day remember that and feel confident that they have the better of their opposite numbers.

McHugh and Baird up front for you lot?? Will certianly be strange seeing that!

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McHugh and Baird up front for you lot?? Will certianly be strange seeing that!

Only if the slaphead decides to tinker with the line-up again: Oliver and Tiffoney is our current first-choice partnership, with those jobbers on the bench. 

Three away wins in the meetings so far and I'm reasonably confident of a fourth. 1-2.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Battle of the arse cheek victims, but at least Falkirk landed a blow.....

I think we can all agree that it will be pleasant to be back to getting involved in a buildup that involves neither of the ugly twins. At least until resident psychopath Rudolph Hucker locates the thread.

Anyway, I think we need to consider returning to the team that IMO played our best games of the season. So get Louis back up top with Nelson* and stick Lewis Kidd back in midfield beside Sibbs and Sir Tam.

*or Louis beside Jak... Not convinced Jak and Nelson works and Louis behind them leaves the midfield a bit light for me.

We know what we will get from Morton. In the two games we have beat them, we dominated midfield. We have recently ceased to dominate midfield by sticking an extra forward in. Sometimes less is more.

A Charles given for thread title.

totally agree. Said since they signed that I don’t feel they work together. If don Paul wants to play both id rather experiment with Jakubiak deeper or wide than Longridge as the Jak has more grit. That being said Longridge and Jak have been our two best up front goals wise and that’s what wins you games. So maybe Nelson needs to sit on the bench till he’s earned his slot.

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

A lot more confident playing away from home this season for some reason we seem to be class on the road and jobbies at home, therefore Morton win with big Gazza Harkins bossing the game as always and getting on the score sheet  :thumsup2

Harkins was in Sibbalds pocket last time out. 

I take it Quitongo is made of paper, McHugh starting again please and I'll be a happy man.

We really are here to spoil someone's party now and I'd be surprised if the top 4 now isn't the same come April.

I'd bring Kidd in for Nelson and push Longridge further forward which perhaps may spring Sibbald back on game.

We could do with 3pts here with Livvy, Utd, St Mirren and Queens away coming up, on paper points aren't gonna be easy

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We really are here to spoil someone's party now and I'd be surprised if the top 4 now isn't the same come April.

Then whose 'party' are you going to spoil then? :1eye

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Then whose 'party' are you going to spoil then? :1eye

With 10 games or so to go for most, I'm pretty sure Queens, Dunfermline and at a push Inverness have a top 4 slot in their thoughts.

Plenty party spoiling for more than half the league till April

3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Yeah has to be Oliver and Tiffoney up front, and would expect to keep it that way barring suspensions/injuries or Quitongo coming back. Focus on the league now, so no excuses.

I'm pretty sure I heard Jim Duffy on the radio yesterday say that Quitongo won't play again this season.

43 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I'm pretty sure I heard Jim Duffy on the radio yesterday say that Quitongo won't play again this season.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago that Quitongo was out for a long time but no indication if it was for the entire season, in the same announcement it was confirmed Ross Forbes is definitely out for the rest of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Jai play for us again this season. Although we might be fortunate in that this latest injury will put a lot of interested teams off of him.

I'd start harris with his only remit to take Harkins knee high in the first minute. We wont miss Harris one little bit if he gets a red. 
Why not just instruct Sibbald to slip Harkins into his pooch as per last time out?

Archived