Things The Lower Classes Do

I enjoy a piece on butter (yes, I said it, a piece on butter) on occasion.
There is no shame in coming from a poor family.  Having your life dictated by the Catholic Church however....

Yes, I’m very glad my mother is no longer ‘of faith’ or whatever. It was definitely never an influence in my upbringing thankfully.
Surprisingly filling and tasty, may have tried it again as a poor student once or twice.

I’ve retaken to it recently (it’s a while since I was a poor student) and as you say, surprisingly filling and tasty...also very quick an convenient.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I enjoy a piece on butter (yes, I said it, a piece on butter) on occasion.

There is no shame in coming from a poor family.  Having your life dictated by the Catholic Church however....

31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My sister used to love a piece on butter and sugar.

That's not a euphemism, by the way.

I prefer to have the filling inside a piece. Placing bread on top of the filling is just stupid

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We need a “what class are you?” thread to flush out all the pretentious c***s.

How do you define "class"?  By some definitions I was from a working class family (Mum was a nurse/midwife, Dad was a mechanic) but thanks to their hard work and them investing in my future (as well as doing so myself), I have enjoyed middle class earnings for the best part of 20 years. I don't particularly class myself as either to be honest. 

1 hour ago, sjc said:

How do you define "class"?  By some definitions I was from a working class family (Mum was a nurse/midwife, Dad was a mechanic) but thanks to their hard work and them investing in my future (as well as doing so myself), I have enjoyed middle class earnings for the best part of 20 years. I don't particularly class myself as either to be honest. 

You’re in a class of your own.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

I suppose if there are only 3 classes it's not hard to fit yourself into the correct one - if you're rich then you're upper class, poor you're lower class and everyone else is middle class.  Now, defining rich and poor might be more challenging.  Then try to throw in career types and it gets muddier.   Anyway, does it really matter to anyone?

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I suppose if there are only 3 classes it's not hard to fit yourself into the correct one - if you're rich then you're upper class, poor you're lower class and everyone else is middle class.  Now, defining rich and poor might be more challenging.  Then try to throw in career types and it gets muddier.   Anyway, does it really matter to anyone?

What about if you live like upper class for 1 week of the month?

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I personally couldn't give a f**k about class or background. I tend judge people by whether they're an arsehole or not......

38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some elements of the public being thundering fuckwits shocker!

I wonder what those very same people saying its the parents choice would say if a Jehovahs Witness couple were refusing their child treatment for a very curable type of cancer or a blood transfusion for example?

15 minutes ago, sjc said:

I personally couldn't give a f**k about class or background. I tend judge people by whether they're an arsehole or not......

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Yip.  You're either a good c**t or a bad c**t in my world.

Spoken like true peasants. 

15 minutes ago, sjc said:

This.

People who think 'class' is important or even exists generally aren't worth bothering with.