Jump to content
Highland Capital

Things The Lower Classes Do

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:
So the engine system is reversing momentum. [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] ?

The engines only run one way, they use flaps and thrust reversers whilst killing the engine thrust.

So basically switching the force of the engines into reverse? The jet engines might not be swivelling around or the fans reversing direction, but they are going into reverse mode. Standing up for the ignorant passenger from knowitalls like @Bairnardo here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wear their one and only Ralph Lauren polo shirt when they go on holiday, airport lounges are full of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So basically switching the force of the engines into reverse? The jet engines might not be swivelling around or the fans reversing direction, but they are going into reverse mode. Standing up for the ignorant passenger from knowitalls like [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] here.


You've got it mate. After landing there is a mechanical system that interrupts the normal thrust flow. Instead of straight behind the aeroplane it is forced in the direction of travel, or as close to as possible. The engines are then accelerated to maximise thrust in the opposite direction causing the aeroplane to slow down. The wheel brakes are only used when at low speeds. They can be used to slow the aircraft at higher speeds in emergency but it causes them to overheat. Overheating brakes can cause fires or melt the fuseable plugs in the tyres which will cause them to deflate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So basically switching the force of the engines into reverse? The jet engines might not be swivelling around or the fans reversing direction, but they are going into reverse mode. Standing up for the ignorant passenger from knowitalls like [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] here.
No they are not going in reverse mode. Their thrust is being directed to act as a brake. Peasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share uncited, far right, borderline (or outright) racist memes.

By the same token, poorer people always seem to be far more patriotic than richer people.  Strange how the people who are the loudest about how much they love their country are the ones their country has let down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2018 at 10:03, throbber said:

 


You can do a lot worse than Elgin thank you very much.

 

You’ve changed your tune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Black Dug said:

 


You've got it mate. After landing there is a mechanical system that interrupts the normal thrust flow. Instead of straight behind the aeroplane it is forced in the direction of travel, or as close to as possible. The engines are then accelerated to maximise thrust in the opposite direction causing the aeroplane to slow down. The wheel brakes are only used when at low speeds. They can be used to slow the aircraft at higher speeds in emergency but it causes them to overheat. Overheating brakes can cause fires or melt the fuseable plugs in the tyres which will cause them to deflate.

 

They accelerate to slow down? I've heard it all now, no wonder I don't like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the upper classes in the manner they like to be accustomed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 23:36, heedthebaa said:

Wear their one and only Ralph Lauren polo shirt when they go on holiday, airport lounges are full of them

Also wear shorts at airport, was a guy in football/sports shorts at Glasgow Airport last Monday when it was fuckin freezing outside, doesn't matter where you are going. You can change when you get there.

Was also a group of guys in full tracksuits, surely airport security is the last place you want to stand out and instantly be judged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Hate Maggie Thatcher.

Get over it. Her success at obliterating the traditional unionised working classes has been pretty well absolute, and for their children it's an ancient memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Also wear shorts at airport, was a guy in football/sports shorts at Glasgow Airport last Monday when it was fuckin freezing outside, doesn't matter where you are going. You can change when you get there.

That would mean taking a second set of clothes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get up at 5am to run to the pool to claim and reassemble 20 sun beds into a big circle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buys a bottle of champagne in a pub then gets their photo taken drinking it.

Everyone in the group then gets their photo taken with the bottle or a glass of champagne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×