New away kit?

an86

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not a separate discussion simply because you deem it so I'm afraid.

I've not bought any media myth because I'm not particularly talking about a "side" as you'd have it.  Instead I'm talking about a country that underachieves at football.

That the concept seems to escape you is not my difficulty.

But why is their level of attainment underachieving? I'm not talking about a side I'm talking about all their sides.  I can't remember any that have consistently underachieved.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

You forgetting that you said yourself they were a quarter final team?  By your own definition, that would make them underachievers.

That's a turn of phrase champ.  But exactly what they are.  Always go out against the first good team they face for the simple reason they're not very good.  This is a team that should have lost at Hampden last year, they're miles away from the real top sides.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That's a turn of phrase champ.  But exactly what they are.  Always go out against the first good team they face for the simple reason they're not very good.  This is a team that should have lost at Hampden last year, they're miles away from the real top sides.

A turn of phrase :lol: that's a new one.  Say something demonstrably wrong, and it's suddenly a turn of phrase.  

4 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

But why is their level of attainment underachieving? I'm not talking about a side I'm talking about all their sides.  I can't remember any that have consistently underachieved.

I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but you continue to wildly miss the point.

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but you continue to wildly miss the point.

No you are desperately trying to shift the focus of the argument to make the point something completely different so you can be right.  You're conflating two issues.

18 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It's not a scientific term champ I would think anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know that

What poster are you trying to emulate with this "champ" patter?  It's been non-stop from you.

On 08/03/2018 at 12:52, Peppino Impastato said:

Maybe that's cause they have generally been not very good.  You still haven't even touched on whether they've underachieved.  Explain why they should have achieved more.

^ verge of "be specific" 

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

No you are desperately trying to shift the focus of the argument to make the point something completely different so you can be right.  You're conflating two issues.

I'm not "shifting the focus" because it was me who first described England as a great underachiever in this discussion.  Are you really saying I'm trying to shift the focus of something I actually started?

I'm very clear In what I mean.  Something similar can be said of certain clubs.  Newcastle for instance is a big underachiever.  For a club of that size to have gone almost half a century without a trophy of any description represents huge underachievement.  That's not to say that they've had loads of sides that should have done more (although they probably did have one).

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not "shifting the focus" because it was me who first described England as a great underachiever in this discussion.  Are you really saying I'm trying to shift the focus of something I actually started?

I'm very clear In what I mean.  Something similar can be said of certain clubs.  Newcastle for instance is a big underachiever.  For a club of that size to have gone almost half a century without a trophy of any description represents huge underachievement.  That's not to say that they've had loads of sides that should have done more (although they probably did have one).

You did but have to still to provide even one reason why they deserve that tag.  If it's about resources the USA have much more.  If it's about size England isn't very big China and India ate much bigger.  And none of these things are a guarantee of success anyway.  

It can only justifiably be about players and teams.  Which you've never mentioned once.  It's like saying this car should be really fast cause it's got electric windows.  Farcical.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You did but have to still to provide even one reason why they deserve that tag.  If it's about resources the USA have much more.  If it's about size England isn't very big China and India ate much bigger.  And none of these things are a guarantee of success anyway.  

It can only justifiably be about players and teams.  Which you've never mentioned once.  It's like saying this car should be really fast cause it's got electric windows.  Farcical.

It's got a relatively large population, alongside a very deeply ingrained football culture - the recognised elements for international football success.   

India has a somewhat less ingrained football culture - again, not a difficult concept for most people.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's got a relatively large population, alongside a very deeply ingrained football culture - the recognised elements for international football success.   

India has a somewhat less ingrained football culture - again, not a difficult concept for most people.

Recognised by who?  You literally just made that up.  So does Thailand and they're shite.  You're talking out of your arse.  Japan too.  Utter shite.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Are you just going to list big countries that haven't been playing organised football for close to a century and a half?

If so, batter on, but I don't see how it's helping you.

The first major intl tournament was 88 years ago champ.  England started competing I think 60 years ago.  You literally have no argument at all.  Turkey are obviously bigger underachievers, that must upset you.  

Archived