League Leaders v Dunfermline

Yes because we always all agree with Monkey Tennis! Nobody else thought it was. It was right in front of me and an awful challenge and exactly what you expect at least two or three times a season from Talbot. The notion that he doesnt deserve his reputation is laughable.

He has received 2 red cards in his 3 seasons with us, 1 being for 2 yellows.

What your claiming happens 2/3 times a season actually happened once in the past 3 years. That's why his reputation is unfair, because people like you completely make stuff up based on what he was doing 4/5 years ago.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He has received 2 red cards in his 3 seasons with us, 1 being for 2 yellows.

What your claiming happens 2/3 times a season actually happened once in the past 3 years. That's why his reputation is unfair, because people like you completely make stuff up based on what he was doing 4/5 years ago.

Its happened twice against us alone in the last two years. The referee missing it and not issuing a red card doesnt mean it didnt happen.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes because we always all agree with Monkey Tennis! Nobody else thought it was. It was right in front of me and an awful challenge and exactly what you expect at least two or three times a season from Talbot. The notion that he doesnt deserve his reputation is laughable.

If you could find some footage of the challenge to allow me to run my expert eye over it, that would be fine. Thanks.

Its happened twice against us alone in the last two years. The referee missing it and not issuing a red card doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Yes, talbot is regularly putting in challenges with excessive force and is getting away with it nearly every time. How silly of me not to notice before now.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If you're counting the one in the last game then god knows what else your counting. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

If you could find some footage of the challenge to allow me to run my expert eye over it, that would be fine. Thanks.

As far as I'm aware no footage exists due to the fact it was an absolutely nothing incident, didn't see it mentioned anywhere as a possible red so no one was particularly interested in a full back getting a yellow. 

Disappointing yesterday, really.

I didn't think there was much in the game in the first half. Like the last time at theirs, it was pretty scrappy with few chances at either end, although Robinson's save was outstanding, and Samson's from Clark wasn't too bad either.

We couldn't keep the ball and coughed up possession far too cheaply. There were two or three occasions where Saints took it off us in midfield and broke, and where we had the opportunity to work it into good areas out wide but ended up putting it out the park.

The Clark chance, and Craigen's second half that he really should have scored, was about all we created though and that's what was frustrating for me. I felt St Mirren looked like they might do something when they broke forward, particularly down our left where Talbot seemed to be exposed often, and that they would get a good chance.

It happened at the penalty which was too far away for me to see but there didn't seem to be many complaints. Talbot's first booking I assumed was for saying something to the ref as it would've been harsh in the extreme for it to be for the free-kick that was given.

The second goal so quickly afterwards kills the game. I can take losing to a better team or someone who has played better on the day if we've at least looked like trying to be on the front foot and creating chances. I didn't really see that again yesterday; Craigen's one aside, I never really felt as though we would trouble Saints unless it was maybe from big M'Voto winning something at a set play.

I wouldn't have taken Armstrong off; I'd have liked to have seen us go with a flat midfield four and have two out and out wide men to see if we could at least be more of a threat. You can probably count on two hands the number of shots on target in the last 3-4 games with fingers to spare.

It wasn't a game for the purist, and sometimes the opposition deserve credit for restricting you, but the lack of goal chances is what's disappointing me probably more than most things at the minute. 

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you're counting the one in the last game then god knows what else your counting. 

Well I thought I might count the two footed tackle he actually got a red card for against us last season at East End Park. Ok if I count that one?

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As far as I'm aware no footage exists due to the fact it was an absolutely nothing incident, didn't see it mentioned anywhere as a possible red so no one was particularly interested in a full back getting a yellow. 

Pretty much every poster on the match thread last game mentioned it. Even Monkey Tennis in saying he didn't think it was a red, saw fit to raise the subject and acknowledge there was a question mark over it.  Dunfermline didn't include it in their published footage. We haven't published any highlights of that game. Still doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Far more mentioned it because it seemed harsh free kick, never mind a yellow. It only really stuck in people's mind as it happened right after the ridiculous decision not to send jacobs off. Had the 2 events not been so close it would have been completely forgotten about.

4 hours ago, Larbert_Par said:

I can take losing to a better team or someone who has played better on the day

Don't worry pal , you're in the same boat as 99% of this forum , we're 11 points clear at the top and 25 , yes 25 , points clear of Dunfermline , but we've not been the better team in any game this season  !

He took the shot with his wrong foot for me

He let the pass go across him onto his left foot. Tbh I wasn't that sure but that must be his preferred foot, if he wasn't confident on curling it in from there(the natural finish) with his right he had plenty of time to take a touch and reset his body position.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Don't worry pal , you're in the same boat as 99% of this forum , we're 11 points clear at the top and 25 , yes 25 , points clear of Dunfermline , but we've not been the better team in any game this season  !

That's the bottom line Billy some get it some don'. Our record at home speaks volumes we don' need to be told by the opposition.  We are an incredible 60 points going into the last quarter where ss 70points will win you the league a unbelievable achievement given we spent so long in the bottom of the division . is the league shit ? Who cares we are going to win it a competitive league that one team can beat another God bless Jack Ross let' go enjoy the big time again. 

took a clip of the penalty incident, looks fairly clear cut to me 

Ok. I accept I'm massively biased(as are you) and I love to see a better angle but when a defender and striker go for a cross should we just assume that any collision is a penalty?

Both go for the ball, both miss, is their any issue?

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Ok. I accept I'm massively biased(as are you) and I love to see a better angle but when a defender and striker go for a cross should we just assume that any collision is a penalty?

Both go for the ball, both miss, is their any issue?

:lol: When the only reason the attacker misses is because the defender kicks him, yes there's definitely an issue.

:lol: When the only reason the attacker misses is because the defender kicks him, yes there's definitely an issue.

The counter argument would be the only reason Talbot doesn't clear the ball(which his intention) is because he is prevented by mullen also failing to play the ball.

Archived