League Leaders v Dunfermline

To be fair, Talbot’s first yellow card was anything but that. Still, we’d have left with f**k all with 13 men on the pitch, AJ has no idea how to set us up.

Get this season in the fucking sea, and chuck Johnston in there while you’re at it. Seems like a good guy but he has ripped the hole out of this campaign.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you humped us first time we played you this season and you at least made a game of it in patches in the next two games. But today you looked nothing like the Pars team we encountered previously.

We jumped a few teams at the start of the season, we’ve done nothing of the sort in a long, long time. Just about every statistic in the world pointed towards a St Mirren X-0 Dunfermline scoreline. I’m just surprised that a) it was only 2 and b) it took until 69 minutes and a sending off to open the scoring. After that, the result was a formality.

Yet again opposition fans are saying we are not very impressive, it's a shit league, we're a one man team, blah blah blah. No credit as per usual. When you consider where we were last season this season has been a sensational turnaround.

We've lost 1 in the last 12 or so games.:thumsup2

A comment I heard quite a few Saints fans saying last season we ended up 7th. We have more points than Hibs at the same time last season so for me it's a fantastic league I'm sure you will understand that from Saints point of view.
There is great potential at Dunfermline I seen that in our first game at East End Park locals were turning up in numbers you just need to find the right manager.

'There not even that good'/'this is the poorest quality league in years, that's why x can be winning it' has been said just about every year i can remember. Just the nature of this division being filled with clubs of similar stature, your very rarely going to get someone who wins comfortably every week. It can be very competitive.

Unless your Alan Johnston. Then being competitive isn't considered, you put on a center half at 2-0 down.

I know Pars fans are sick of hearing this but the team that absolutely horsed is at the start of the season, should not be giving that sort of performance. 

I view today as staying 8 clear with pressure on Livi and United to win the games in hand. 

9 to go minimum 8 clear. 

32 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Talbots first yellow card was never a fouls against him the boy cradles the ball in his chest while on the floor, obviously I couldn’t see the penalty so not sure if it deserved another booking. 

The penalty was a straight red card every day of the week so technically I suppose it shouldn't have been a second booking.

Talbot would probably have been off even if he hadn't already been booked. Looked to me like he wiped Mullen out just as he got ready to tap home with no attempt to win the ball. The earlier booking just made the ref's decision easier.

Great all round performance from us. Haven't been that impressed with Flynn and Mullen so far, however in fairness I haven't seen much of them. Both were great today but we had no real failures in the team. 

I know Dunfermline were down to 10 men but replacing a striker with a centre-half when you're 2-0 down is nuts. I assumed M'Voto would be moved up front at that stage but you didn't even do that.

Great for Reilly to get an outstanding reception from a set of fans who appreciate him.

58 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Completely agree about Mullen and Flynn. Flynn worked much harder than before and was more positive on the ball, he won loads of headers at set pieces as well. Mullen deserved a goal and would have got one if he wasn't fouled for the penalty. Reilly was a complete pest, that was his best game for a while too. The back four were all solid. MacKenzie looked back to his old self today.

I thought Dunfermline looked panicky in the middle of the park. Not sure if he's out of form but Wedderburn seemed like a big miss based on our previous games this season. Lee Robinson is an oddity and a shite keeper.

M'Voto will be haunted by Reilly after today. He fucking bullied a guy twice his size. 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

What actually happened? There was a big shout but it was very hard to see from our end.

Exactly as Stu has just posted, Mullen was about to tap in from a yard when Talbot cleaned him out from behind.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Joined the AJ out camp. That was horrendous particularly 2nd half.

Didn't really see the penalty clearly but talbots 1st yellow was absolutely ridiculous, at least the red card got Johnston to show his hand, and by bringing on 2 defenders he gave up. The support has turned on him and for the first time very vocal against him. 2 home games coming up and I think without 6 points from them he'll be struggling to even see his contract out.

Yeah, pulling down a player when he's through on goal and just about to pull the trigger isn't worth a booking.:blink:

The penalty was a straight red card every day of the week so technically I suppose it shouldn't have been a second booking.

If it’s as you and@stu suggest then fair enough, surprised at Talbot to be honest he’s not been sent off since he first joined us in a pre-season friendly against Hibs (by the same referee) I don’t know why players dive in and commit serious foul play instead of using their hand to smack it away and get the yellow for clear goal scoring opportunity [emoji13]

Yeah, pulling down a player when he's through on goal and just about to pull the trigger isn't worth a booking.:blink:

Except that it was a coming together that the ref didn't give a fouls for, smith then virtually lies on top of the ball and the free kick is only given when Talbot tries to play it despite the clear obstruction.

If it’s as you and[mention=29]stu[/mention] suggest then fair enough, surprised at Talbot to be honest he’s not been sent off since he first joined us in a pre-season friendly against Hibs (by the same referee) I don’t know why players dive in and commit serious foul play instead of using their hand to smack it away and get the yellow for clear goal scoring opportunity [emoji13]

Am I being whooshed here?

Just now, parsforlife said:

Expect that was a coming together that the ref didn't give a fouls for, smith then virtually lies on top of the ball and the free kick is only given when Talbot tries to play it despite the clear obstruction.

Yeah that's what happened.:lol:

Am I being whooshed here?

Has he been sent of since? I’m on can 4 and avoiding the rugby types in the train.

Why are folk wearing kilts the pub to watch a rugby game??

Has he been sent of since? I’m on can 4 and avoiding the rugby types in the train.

Why are folk wearing kilts the pub to watch a rugby game??

1. I'm more talking about your denying of a clear goalscoring opportunity comment

2. He got sent off vs queen of the south, but yes he certainly doesn't deserve any hot head reputation, he is well past that.

3. Rugby types are weird.

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

M'Voto will be haunted by Reilly after today. He fucking bullied a guy twice his size. 

I appreciate you're doing this to get a bit of a rise but that didn't happen today, not even a little bit. 

Reilly ran around allot which was cool without ever coming close to threatening our goal, standard Reilly. 

That was the best that Magennis has played against us and Smith was very good as he always seems to be, he's probably been the most consistently good player against us. Thought that Mullen played very well also. 

Reilly though? Lol. 

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah that's what happened.:lol:

It looked like Mullen had fucked it up a bit and hit the deck, the ref then realised that if he's giving a foul for that then with the position they're in know the park he needs to give a yellow. 

The linesman who had a perfect view of the incident didn't give the foul. Doesn't matter much now. 

Archived