Treble Winning Celtic v South of Glasgow franchise

Romeo

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
You're making yourself sound a bit like "an abhorrent bigot" with that nonsense to be honest. Assuming that a person whom you have never met dislikes people because of religion/schools just because they support a particular club  is a pretty good example of a bigot. :rolleyes:
As for the game, in all seriousness and trolling aside, I would want to be playing Rangers in the Cup Final because that would improve our chances of winning significantly. I think that any set of supporters who's side awaits the winner of today's game in the final would be thinking along those same lines.
If you geniunely think that then I will agree with you 100%. If we were in Motherwell's position I would be thinking along the same lines although given what SSC and the sexy beast Dyer have achieved we would take on all comers at this point. The WOS religious nonsense disgusts me from both sides and this bus driver epitomises it, he doesnt like Motherwell or any of their ex players on footballing grounds, he hates Celtic and those he percieves to be their "followers". I would say exactly the same if the tables were turned and he was saying do it for Phil O'Donnell.

Think we can file the bus driver story in the 'never happened' bin.
I've a feeling this Celtic team might be in for some big changes this summer as they seem to had a bit of a hangover from last seasons exploits. It might just be the right time to get them.
In the league our record against rangers is pretty ordinary but for games that matter like play off finals and cup semis,they can't lay a glove on us.

Still hoping for an earthquake in Glasgow this afternoon though.

19 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, MJC said:
You're making yourself sound a bit like "an abhorrent bigot" with that nonsense to be honest. Assuming that a person whom you have never met dislikes people because of religion/schools just because they support a particular club  is a pretty good example of a bigot. :rolleyes:
As for the game, in all seriousness and trolling aside, I would want to be playing Rangers in the Cup Final because that would improve our chances of winning significantly. I think that any set of supporters who's side awaits the winner of today's game in the final would be thinking along those same lines.

If you geniunely think that then I will agree with you 100%. If we were in Motherwell's position I would be thinking along the same lines although given what SSC and the sexy beast Dyer have achieved we would take on all comers at this point. The WOS religious nonsense disgusts me from both sides and this bus driver epitomises it, he doesnt like Motherwell or any of their ex players on footballing grounds, he hates Celtic and those he percieves to be their "followers". I would say exactly the same if the tables were turned and he was saying do it for Phil O'Donnell.

First of all, I clearly said that he said that Davie Cooper hated Aberdeen, not Celtic. Not that it would matter anyway because disliking/hating any football team does not make that person a bigot and to claim it does is just nonsense.

If we were playing Hibs yesterday and a Hearts supporting driver said "do it for Wallace Mercer cos he hated Hibs" would you be calling him an abhorrent bigot? I think we both know the answer to that is no, don't we? :rolleyes:

Of course I genuinely think that, why in God's name wouldn't I? I want the odds stacked in Motherwell's favour in the final and therefore playing the far weaker of the two potential opponents will help that greatly.

Guest Moomintroll
First of all, I clearly said that he said that Davie Cooper hated Aberdeen, not Celtic. Not that it would matter anyway because disliking/hating any football team does not make that person a bigot and to claim it does is just nonsense.
If we were playing Hibs yesterday and a Hearts supporting driver said "do it for Wallace Mercer cos he hated Hibs" would you be calling him an abhorrent bigot? I think we both know the answer to that is no, don't we? :rolleyes:
Of course I genuinely think that, why in God's name wouldn't I? I want the odds stacked in Motherwell's favour in the final and therefore playing the far weaker of the two potential opponents will help that greatly.
Wallace Mercer wanted to merge Hibs and Hearts as he saw pound signs and opportunity. The West coast mentality did not factor into his thinking and unless challenged otherwise I do not believe at the time that Hibs fans were thinking along those lines when the merger was being proposed. Much as I did admire Davie Cooper as a football player, and I was sorry at his untimely passing, his antipathy towards all things "left footed" ironically was well known. He probably hated Neil Simpson as a football player, like i still do, as he robbed Scotland and Rangers of a world class footballer with his actions on that day but up to that point he would not have cared less about them apart from the fact he was stopping his team from winning things. After that day his thought process would have been identical except for the thought that he hoped someone would do that p***k Simpson. I may be wrong in all this and I am happy to be called out by others if this is the case but I do not believe that I am wrong, 'mon the Well.

Guest Moomintroll
You did say he hated Aberdeen MJC, apologies for that.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, MJC said:
Good luck today Rangers, hope to see you in the final. Our bus driver yesterday was one of you lot and was a sound guy into the bargain. He wished us well for our game as he hated Aberdeen and told us to "do it for Davie Cooper" which we duly did. Several is us shook his hand as we got off the bus, generously tipped him and wished him well for today's game. 
YATP

From the perspective of a Killie fan, I don't care who wins today, I want Motherwell to win the final to get it right up either arse cheek. If the new company/team/whatever suits the narrative win today,then it seems that I will be happier with that outcome than you which seems a bit of a sad existence for you to lead. In other news your "bus driver" is an abhorrent bigot who hates people based on what school they were forced to go to, HTH.

A bigot for not liking the sheep?

Guest Moomintroll

Dont like the mutton molesting buggers as they appear to be SSC's Kryptonite but you cannot be a bigot for disliking their Lex Luthorite ways. The sort of fan who dislikes another club due to a man who was an unreconstructed bigot on the other hand is OFTW. Do not type the words "proof please" please as it will insult the intelligence of everyone on this forum who were aware of what was happening in life in the 80s/90s. I am not a fan of bigots on either side of the cesspit that is the West of Scotland but I do realise that they are a minority of the people who support their team, albeit a very vocal, twisted minority.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Did Davie Cooper not take the piss out of a St Mirren player about his son dying?

Yes, Tony Fitzpatrick. Cooper was a vile man by all accounts. You won'tever hear a bad word about him but he was just as bad as the rest of the ****

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Reckon Rangers in the final would be a better spectacle - Something has to give there as it would be a landmark win for either club.

Also on paper a less difficult tie.

Would mean the end of the monotony of Celtic winning everything too.

Would be a horrible one to lose for either team. More so with the inevitable media wankathon were Rangers to win.

Celtic in the final would be all about a double treble.

Could make for great hilarity were we to win via a soft penalty with minimal contact.

Who the hell would award that?

51 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, bennett said:

Dont like the mutton molesting buggers as they appear to be SSC's Kryptonite but you cannot be a bigot for disliking their Lex Luthorite ways. The sort of fan who dislikes another club due to a man who was an unreconstructed bigot on the other hand is OFTW. Do not type the words "proof please" please as it will insult the intelligence of everyone on this forum who were aware of what was happening in life in the 80s/90s. I am not a fan of bigots on either side of the cesspit that is the West of Scotland but I do realise that they are a minority of the people who support their team, albeit a very vocal, twisted minority.

Jesus H Christ.....

Guest Moomintroll
Jesus H Christ.....
Can you elaborate Benny, seemed to be a fairly straightforward opinion. No need to bring religion into it ffs.[emoji56]

Archived