Hibs vs Hearts

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

The thing that i grudgingly admire about the Hearts support is their unwavering loyalty when performances on the park decline. In absolutely no way do they chuck the toys out of the pram and behave like spoiled kids when things go wrong.

That’s not aimed at you btw jamtart , it’s just that I’ve so many Hearts fans on social media/forums etc act like big kids as soon as they are up against it. They had the cheek to slag Hibs attendances as well when we were pish, don’t get me wrong I’d grasp any opportunity to slag the Hertz no matter how petty it was but make no mistake about it, had Hearts went through the turgid football, Shocking derby performances, your Calderwood, Fenlon and butchers in charge and you’d be lucky if there was 4 thousand punters in Tynecastle every second week.

Great when things are going for them, disappear like snow off a dyke after a few bad results.

They really should muster up the same fighting spirit and courage in adversity that Bobby Walker used when he defeated Predator in the Guatemalan jungle in 1988.

First started watching Hearts when we were Yo Yoing (as the term goes) in the late 70's early 80's, the only Derby games i remember from back then is the East of Scotland Shield and Tom Hart Memorial games, even then the Hearts support turned up in numbers despite the position the club was in at that time. Both clubs are riding the roller coaster and have done for decades, the one thing that annoys me about my fellow Jam Tartionians is the expectation levels and demands are too high so when results like Sunday happen there is an almighty backlash for a few days then the dust settles and we're back to loving the JT's again.  Have to admit though despite the torrid time over the last 5 years we've certainly nailed our colours to the mast and stood by the club again to leave us in a stronger position than before, we're in transition and the sooner some fans look at the bigger picture and realise we have no devine right to win any game then they're in for a bumpy ride, if these guyts can't handle the defeats and draws then they're better off at home watching the gash on TV.   I've not missed a game at Easter Rd for a number of years now but alas Friday can't be done, i may well see the 2nd half but please believe me i'll not be tuning in and having a phone/radio at my lug, what will be wil be.  

Have to laugh at the banter that is used between the two sets of fans, it is playground stuff, attendances, average crowds, stadium capacity blah blah blah , both sets of fans know who Edina's Darlings are lol  

3 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Edinburgh Evening News

Grant Mitchell ruled out for the derby. Do Hearts have any defenders left? Will Levein need to step up to the plate? 

Hearts rule every player out before the derby, only for them to make a miraculous come back just before KO. An age old tactic that we still seem to fall for.

If the game is half as good as the banter on this thread we are in for a cracker.

Mitchell being out is a blow, we surely can't go with wing backs again when none of the right backs who can cover attack very effectively.  I'd be tempted to go back to a flat back four and get Milinkovic on the left as he's guaranteed to give you a shift and help out defensively.  He's also easily been our most creative midfielder recently.  Hope to f**k Berra is available too.

55 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Edinburgh Evening News

Grant Mitchell ruled out for the derby. Do Hearts have any defenders left? Will Levein need to step up to the plate? 

craig_levein_1545072c.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

craig-levein-hearts-of-midlothian-manage

Reveal hidden contents

season-19901991-scotland-craig-levein-bj

Reveal hidden contents

c2f89921839bab081abc750b2bc7d2ff.jpg

Levein standing there in front of the lads in a 1987 home kit he has dug out of the loft, matching  shorts one foot on the dressing room benches showing half a baw. Then suddenly the door swings open and there is Locke his girdle on, his unused 98 cup final top squeezed into. Not a more inspirational sight a player of our famous club will ever see.  The wee lot from Lochend would surely postpone? 

3 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

The thing that i grudgingly admire about the Hearts support is their unwavering loyalty when performances on the park decline. In absolutely no way do they chuck the toys out of the pram and behave like spoiled kids when things go wrong.

That’s not aimed at you btw jamtart , it’s just that I’ve so many Hearts fans on social media/forums etc act like big kids as soon as they are up against it. They had the cheek to slag Hibs attendances as well when we were pish, don’t get me wrong I’d grasp any opportunity to slag the Hertz no matter how petty it was but make no mistake about it, had Hearts went through the turgid football, Shocking derby performances, your Calderwood, Fenlon and butchers in charge and you’d be lucky if there was 4 thousand punters in Tynecastle every second week.

Great when things are going for them, disappear like snow off a dyke after a few bad results.

They really should muster up the same fighting spirit and courage in adversity that Bobby Walker used when he defeated Predator in the Guatemalan jungle in 1988.

Have a word with yourself FFS, everyone knows predator was 1987.

10 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Have a word with yourself FFS, everyone knows predator was 1987.

28 minutes ago, Raphael said:

Levein standing there in front of the lads in a 1987 home kit he has dug out of the loft

levein.jpg?itok=Lv9mih3u

Loser Levein assuring the Hertz faithful that Mitchell would be back for Fridays game with his injury being “nothing too serious”, only for the lad to be ruled out for 8 weeks a matter of hours later with the Utd medical team furious no doubt.

IMG_1520355654.428180.jpg

Not sure if this is quite as good as the Dunfermline game in the cup when they had to play a penalty shootout, in-front of the furious home support, having already been knocked out but it is up there.

7 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Not sure if this is quite as good as the Dunfermline game in the cup when they had to play a penalty shootout, in-front of the furious home support, having already been knocked out but it is up there.

Great fap.

Heart of Midlothian trying to outsmart and outmanoeuvre one of the biggest clubs in world football in order to get their only current left back to play through the pain barrier and help them avoid a horsing in the Edinburgh derby :lol: Just imagine how that conversation went.

Levein: "So Jose, yer Mitchell laddie's taken a wee knock, but he'll be fine to play against the hobos on Friday right?"

Mourinho: "Get the f**k out of my office."

42 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I’m going to stick my neck out here and predict a draw. Probably 0-0.
Sadly I only have cooncil telly, so will have to watch this live on teletext.

As a ST holder, I could just go to the game. But teletext might offer up better footage.

Archived