Great Unexplained Questions of Wrestling

Klanky

When the Spanish announce table was getting wrecked at every PPV, why did folk let them sit for the rest of the show with no table when there's loads of then under the ring that could be set up for them? Surely that would be the purpose of keeping spare tables there. 

Also, I noticed Braun Strowman, whenever he clears the announce table to fire someone through it he throws all shit aside with no regard. Back when this was the hefty closed circuit monitors with a metal back, this was fine as they were hard wearing and just bounce so would likely survive the punishment and could presumably be reused without issue.

Now though, they use expensive tablets and those buggers don't like any sort of force or impact. Do they set aside a budget for everytime he smashes one of them to bits or do they just switch in props for the spot? 

Edited by djchapsticks

Didn't they used to have guys at the Spanish announce table who would really overact when anyone came near them or smashed their table?  Always seemed a bit more comedy back then.  The last time I remember them having those huge square monitors was at WM30 when Orton decided to have a wee rest on one after the RKO/Batista Bomb combo.  Looked fucking agony.

A genuine/comedy question - why is there always the OMGGGGGG moment when a guy around 7 foot enters the Rumble when they never, ever win?  And has one of the wrestlers considered to be a giant ever won a Rumble?  Only one I can think of was Big Show winning the Andre the Giant one, but never a proper RUmble.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think it's because slow motion would expose a lack of contact perhaps? 

For the same reason that if you ever do see a replay in slow mo (which is rare these days)  they slow motion it until about a second before the point of impact and it returns to full speed.  

Unless I've completely missed the point and you mean why don't refs use it in a VAR capacity. In which case - f**k knows. 

I assumed he meant VAR-style, which is something they sometimes use out of the blue to show a foot on the rope or whatever, which makes it even more stupid.

10 hours ago, forameus said:

Didn't they used to have guys at the Spanish announce table who would really overact when anyone came near them or smashed their table?  Always seemed a bit more comedy back then.  The last time I remember them having those huge square monitors was at WM30 when Orton decided to have a wee rest on one after the RKO/Batista Bomb combo.  Looked fucking agony.

A genuine/comedy question - why is there always the OMGGGGGG moment when a guy around 7 foot enters the Rumble when they never, ever win?  And has one of the wrestlers considered to be a giant ever won a Rumble?  Only one I can think of was Big Show winning the Andre the Giant one, but never a proper RUmble.

Probably the last 'he's massive, no one will chuck him out' winner was Yokozuna.

The announce guy that flung the cans at Austin had some fucking aim on him.

Surely they must’ve had some incidents with bad throws/missed catches which resulted in a can bouncing off a fan in the front row.

Also surely, in America where compensation is rife, WWE would have had to pay some fans for any such incidents?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2018 at 11:01, Klanky said:

Why do wrestlers never find themselves hanging over the middle rope unless it is Rey Mysterio they are fighting?

Any other unanswered questions out there?

Turns out we can now add Sasha Banks to the list.

On 05/03/2018 at 19:14, Dindeleux said:

Surely they must’ve had some incidents with bad throws/missed catches which resulted in a can bouncing off a fan in the front row.

Also surely, in America where compensation is rife, WWE would have had to pay some fans for any such incidents?

why does everyone accept a beer from austin when they know there is a 90% chance they are getting a stunner?

Guest bernardblack

Why do wrestlers run straight in the ring at rumbles?

Also the strength of one punch can be very different. End of a promo....leaves them out cold. But during a match....can take multiple punches in a row....also see Big Show's finisher.

Why can't they watch TV like real human beings?
Taker and Austin could do it with no issues back in the day.

received_10215765255588992.png.92f8ef4b28fc8dfe5c197c6997e2217d.png
IMG_20180318_192911.thumb.jpg.7a4351502a7e08403694024c66557faa.jpg

There was a recent edition where Kevin Owens was also sat down watching the tele. A true student of the game.

Guest bernardblack

Why does sending someone through the ring, send them STRAIGHT TO HELL?

We see under the ring most weeks and it is quite clearly not hell

• 1 month later...