A video history of Scottish football

11 hours ago, Eednud said:

One of the most amazing games I’ve attended and also included Finn Seemann missing a penalty for the DABS when they weren’t known as that. Game kicked off early as Dundee were playing Rangers at home the same day with a late kick-off. We’d planned to both but police blocked off Sandeman Street access to Dens. 

These games were actually on 17th February 1968 and I chose the Dundee/Rangers game. I was really annoyed once I found out the final score at Tannadice.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Eednud said:

One of the most amazing games I’ve attended and also included Finn Seemann missing a penalty for the DABS when they weren’t known as that. Game kicked off early as Dundee were playing Rangers at home the same day with a late kick-off. We’d planned to both but police blocked off Sandeman Street access to Dens. 

Also great seeing Tannadice as it used to be. 

On 3/27/2018 at 09:08, Squirrelhumper said:

Love watching that video.

My dad was at it the jammy b*****d.

My father got the train down from Paisley to Kilmarnock after working late, got there 5 minutes after the game kicked off only to find out Killie were already 1 nil down on the night (4 nil in aggregate). 

The rest is history as they say and he says it was the best game he has ever been at.   

That is the biggest deficit any Scottish team has come back from to actually win a European tie. I am quite sure others (Dunfermline)  have come back from 4 goals down, but didn't win the tie.   DA Baracus will correct me if I am wrong. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:54, Glenconner said:

What's the connection between that game and the present day Scottish Tory leader?

That is a total myth.   Her father played for Patrick Thistle (do not know to what extent). 

Bobby Davidson was not her father; he had a son (Allan Davidson) who actually played in goals for Airdrie. 

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking at something else and it lead on to this: Look at the crowd squeezed into Firs Park! 

I was at that game! We’d beaten Falkirk away midweek and me and my brother were at that too. Scenes. Donald McKay was a great manager, resigned in protest when we sold Colin Hendry IIRC. I think McKay has the best managerial record of all Dundee managers in terms of win/draw/losses. Cammy Fraser - my favourite all time player. Fantastic guy to have in your team, very skilful and a total psycho.

Note the E Stirling keeper, no gloves.

13 hours ago, Eaststandee said:

:lol: Fucking hell.

Where to start with this?! Some might argue that it perfectly encapsulates the psyche of the typical Scottish male.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I was at that game! We’d beaten Falkirk away midweek and me and my brother were at that too. Scenes. Donald McKay was a great manager, resigned in protest when we sold Colin Hendry IIRC. I think McKay has the best managerial record of all Dundee managers in terms of win/draw/losses. Cammy Fraser - my favourite all time player. Fantastic guy to have in your team, very skilful and a total psycho.

Cammy Fraser.... what about that then!

I remember him playing for Raith Rovers and then his daughter played for Newburgh Ladies, she wasn't too bad a player either! 

On 14/04/2018 at 18:45, Stan Butler Says said:

What a brilliant wee  ground Firs Park was . Why on earth did Shire abandon it. 

Alan Mackin, ex player and manager/local businessman,  absolutely screwed them over.

Thankfully his anticipated windfall for selling the land didnt materialise.

On 03/04/2018 at 00:42, tamthebam said:

I was looking at something else and it lead on to this: Look at the crowd squeezed into Firs Park! 

Was at that game also. Was a young shire fan back then.ran on the park at the end with the dee fans trying to get myself on telly 

On 14/04/2018 at 10:52, Fifespud said:

The keeper was Charlie Kelly a really good keeper for the shire 

Archived