ARFC v AUFC

What’s the chances of this going ahead? Really hope it does, going into the Raith game with the chance to go top (if we were to avoid defeat here) plus I can make it to Coatbridge so another game for me.

If so I would still keep Doc and Crawford for Raith and go with more or less the team from Airdrie:

Ruddy

Geggan Rose Bell Boyle

McDaid Kerr Adams Forrest

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hart, Fergusson, Reid,  Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Moore

0-3 Ayr with Shanks x2 and Forrest and another clean sheet!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t see us losing this , agree we could win it convincingly, only issue is I can’t see Forfar defeating Raith on Tuesday so unfortunately we could still be 5 behind which physiologicaly would give Raith the advantage as defeat would still leave them on top , our game in hand away to Arbroath is the most difficult game between now and end of season 

Can't see it being on. I was up in Rutherglen yesterday and the snow was still piled high on the pavements and side streets were basically inaccessible. Not going to get that much warmer by Tueaday. Even if the snow melts, then the park probably floods! Hope it is though. Also don't see it being a skoosh though - their park looked in awful nick for the Raith game recently and can only be worse the now. Cant see that suiting us.

No chance it'll be on, would presume at the moment the pitch is under a lot of snow. 

Temperatures are to be up slightly by Tuesday but no guarantee that would melt it, pitch would probably become waterlogged even if it did melt. 

Prediction, Albion Rovers P-P Ayr United. 

Will have massive respect for them if they manage to get it on. 

Hope it’s on. Raith will probably beat Forfar despite their away record which means they could be 8 points clear by the time they come to Somerset.

Even though we’ll have 2 game in hand that’s a big psychological advantage for Raith.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Hope it’s on. Raith will probably beat Forfar despite their away record which means they could be 8 points clear by the time they come to Somerset.

Even though we’ll have 2 game in hand that’s a big psychological advantage for Raith.

Is the Raith game been rescheduled for this Tuesday night, only benefit of that is if our game is off we have more time to prepare for Raith game.

Is the Raith game been rescheduled for this Tuesday night, only benefit of that is if our game is off we have more time to prepare for Raith game.

Unfortunately it has. Means that they’ll get their suspensions out of the way then instead of carrying them over to the game at Somerset.

I think Forfar will give them a game what with them battling relegation but Raith will be desperate not to lose anymore points.

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Unfortunately it has. Means that they’ll get their suspensions out of the way then instead of carrying them over to the game at Somerset.

I think Forfar will give them a game what with them battling relegation but Raith will be desperate not to lose anymore points.

Wouldn't have thought there'll be a guarantee it's on with not much of a thaw on the horizon, although artificial pitch will help.

Wouldn't have thought there'll be a guarantee it's on with not much of a thaw on the horizon, although artificial pitch will help.

I’m sure a Forfar fan said that the game that was due to be played today was the first home game that they’ve have had postponed since 2011.

It's much fresher up north today so I'd imagine will be fine by Tues.

I'd rather wait and have mote time before the Ayr game but can imagine Smith will be desperate to get this on. 

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

won't be on this is the current situation snow is still 4-6 inches deep20180304_094325.jpg

Up tae yer knees in snowmam's blood

20 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

7 points. Raith are 4 points ahead just now.

Archived