Unhealthy Debate In The Juniors

froggie

Whilst many will have seen many times the number of games in the Juniors, my perspective as an outsider does prompt me to air an opinion or two as I see fit. As this environment exists in the throwaway surroundings of the internet,  nothing, by definition, is of any consequence and yet some will not only question the right of anyone not to think as they do, but do so in a way which seriously makes you question what kind of individual they are in the real world. Every time I attend a game in the Juniors, I meet and am made to feel welcome by strangers and yet as soon as people are given the opportunity to hide behind an alias and spout vitriol at anyone questioning what is purely an opinion, a whole underclass reveals itself. The fans who follow a team but accept that others are worthy of praise, or have a contentious view but accept there are other sides to a debate are commonplace, but in the virtual world hereabouts, these reasoned folk are conspicuous by their absence, Surely they cannot all have been scared away by the awkwardly confrontational, comically aggressive and multi- thousand post clique? 

Perhaps just those who have an opinion rather than an agenda need a voice here, as I am sure there are many who simply love their escapism, keep it in perspective and don't won't to feel the long arm of the long in the tooth poster posse every time they feel the urge to speak up or speak out. Those who need to hear this the most will, undoubtedly dismiss it, but who knows? there might be many more who have an opinion but feel unable to express it, simply because the tired old guard with their thousands of posts feel they can dictate how everything runs, in accordance with their aggressive agendas

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, froggie said:

Whilst many will have seen many times the number of games in the Juniors, my perspective as an outsider does prompt me to air an opinion or two as I see fit. As this environment exists in the throwaway surroundings of the internet,  nothing, by definition, is of any consequence and yet some will not only question the right of anyone not to think as they do, but do so in a way which seriously makes you question what kind of individual they are in the real world. Every time I attend a game in the Juniors, I meet and am made to feel welcome by strangers and yet as soon as people are given the opportunity to hide behind an alias and spout vitriol at anyone questioning what is purely an opinion, a whole underclass reveals itself. The fans who follow a team but accept that others are worthy of praise, or have a contentious view but accept there are other sides to a debate are commonplace, but in the virtual world hereabouts, these reasoned folk are conspicuous by their absence, Surely they cannot all have been scared away by the awkwardly confrontational, comically aggressive and multi- thousand post clique? 

Perhaps just those who have an opinion rather than an agenda need a voice here, as I am sure there are many who simply love their escapism, keep it in perspective and don't won't to feel the long arm of the long in the tooth poster posse every time they feel the urge to speak up or speak out. Those who need to hear this the most will, undoubtedly dismiss it, but who knows? there might be many more who have an opinion but feel unable to express it, simply because the tired old guard with their thousands of posts feel they can dictate how everything runs, in accordance with their aggressive agendas

Well said mate 

7 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I'd take a look in the mirror first, mate, before criticising other folk. Your 4G thread is an absolute thought disordered shambles.

As the OP of the 4G thread I pulled it for that very reason. It started off as a reasoned debate and descended into a bun fight. P and B is a great forum , it gives many of us pleasure and a laugh but it also gives to many of us a platform to be nasty 

10 hours ago, froggie said:

That would all be fine, if you weren't one of the worst for each example. I know I'm biting a bit by saying so.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it is how it is expressed that counts and the ability to understand, counter or ignore others.

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

you not the guy who thinks pulling up spelling mistakes is constructive debate?

If that's the case he should have proof read his opening post.

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I'd take a look in the mirror first, mate, before criticising other folk. Your 4G thread is an absolute thought disordered shambles.

It's called having an opinion in the presence of those who find any other than theirs a problem. Your gem is an example of what I was referring to, so thanks for that. I'll be at an imitation of football match this afternoon...because there is NO alternative, a point I have made, but only the considered would spot that, not the angry, defensive lovers of what I see as a sub standard version of the real thing which is and always will be streets ahead of anything a carpet can ever serve up

24 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If that's the case he should have proof read his opening post.

I'm at a disadvantage, I only have ten digits to type with...as constructive as your offering I'd say.

55 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That would all be fine, if you weren't one of the worst for each example. I know I'm biting a bit by saying so.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it is how it is expressed that counts and the ability to understand, counter or ignore others.

It only counts in something that matters, however.

2 minutes ago, froggie said:

I'm at a disadvantage, I only have ten digits to type with...as constructive as your offering I'd say.

Read with your fingers, do you?

4 minutes ago, froggie said:

Do you know for sure I don't?

If that's the case you probably spell with your eyes, which explains your opening post...

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

If that's the case you probably spell with your eyes, which explains your opening post...

Saying something funny isn't ten times as funny if you say it ten times

Archived