League 1 Team of the Year

Due to the fact that they’ll be no football in our seaside league this weekend and that we’ve only a few games left I thought I’d post this.

Who should make the team of the year this year?

I’ll try not to be too biased but this is mine.

GK - Neil Parry

RB - Ricky Little

CB - Iain Davidson

CB - Thomas O’Brien

LB - Ewan Murray

MF - Lewis Vaughan (technically a forward but has played majority of games in midfield)

MF - Kyle Turner

MF - Alan Trouten

FW - Craig Moore

FW - Lawrence Shankland

FW - Michael Moffat

Not seen a lot of great defending or goalkeeping so I’ve pretty much guessed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the fact that they’ll be no football in our seaside league this weekend and that we’ve only a few games left I thought I’d post this.
Who should make the team of the year this year?

I’ll try not to be too biased but this is mine.

GK - Neil Parry

RB - Ricky Little
CB - Iain Davidson
CB - Thomas O’Brien
LB - Ewan Murray

MF - Lewis Vaughan (technically a forward but has played majority of games in midfield)
MF - Kyle Turner
MF - Alan Trouten

FW - Craig Moore
FW - Lawrence Shankland
FW - Michael Moffat

Not seen a lot of great defending or goalkeeping so I’ve pretty much guessed.

I’d switch Vaughan out for Robertson. I wouldn’t have any other player for us in there though. apart from Davo and Murray obviously. Both been outstanding the majority of the season after both having a bit of a shaky start.

Vaughan’s in effective at CM therefore if you aren’t putting him in a FW position in the team of the year, then he shouldn’t be there.

Scott Robertson though, we look a completely different team when he’s in there. A real contender for our player of the year which is surprising to say that when technically his full 45 minutes that he played in the entire last season, he effectively relegated us. :lol:

Pretty much spot on otherwise.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I was coming into the thread to post about how long it would take for some bantersaurus to post their own team’s first 11..

I always deliver when it comes to the obvious and unfunny jokes. Boom boom. 

Vaughan must be in a league 11. As much as it pains me to say the first half of the season he was unplayable

He’d be better if Smith actually had the sense to play him in his natural position.

Marc McCallum in goals for Forfar has been outstanding against probably every team in the league. We'd be way adrift without his performances this season.

Considered putting him based on his performance at Somerset in December but didn’t know he’d been like that all season.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I was coming into the thread to post about how long it would take for some bantersaurus to post their own team’s first 11..

Since the banter apocalypse has already begun 

LINEUP111520033229833.png

Considered putting him based on his performance at Somerset in December but didn’t know he’d been like that all season.

That was a particularly good performance that day. I reckon he'll win most of our awards this season.

Moffat is SPL quality but he doesn't want to believe it or something. He never gives the ball away, he's the best player on the park every week. Watch him you'll see.

I think bar Shankland he’s been the best player this season. If he took some of the sitters that he’s missed this season then he’d be right up there in the goal charts.

He’s contributed in other ways though with his brilliant link up play. Some fans say we can’t drop Moore because of all the goals he’s scored but Moffat and Shankland are the first names on the team sheet for me.

Moffat is SPL quality but he doesn't want to believe it or something. He never gives the ball away, he's the best player on the park every week. Watch him you'll see.

I really painfully agree with you. Every single time I’ve watched Moffat he’s been fucking outstanding. Links the play tremendously well. A total dick, but excellent.

Archived