Over to Northern Ireland in 25 minutes?

A huge amount of ignorance being evidenced here. Northern Ireland is much, much more than image portrayed here. How many of those wishing to either drag it out to sea or drop a bomb on it, have visited the country and spent some time exploring it ? Grow up.
We don't need a bridge, I agree we need to sort out other infrastructure in the country first before we consider a bridge, but neither do we need the vitriol shown to a country as a whole.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

A huge amount of ignorance being evidenced here. Northern Ireland is much, much more than image portrayed here. How many of those wishing to either drag it out to sea or drop a bomb on it, have visited the country and spent some time exploring it ? Grow up.
We don't need a bridge, I agree we need to sort out other infrastructure in the country first before we consider a bridge, but neither do we need the vitriol shown to a country as a whole.

Sorry mate. I think we all got a bit carried away.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

See the source image

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

NI and their lack of a hard border are going to allow mass immigration from the EU after Brexit. If there is a bridge, how are we to stop these foreigners coming here and stealing our jobs?

No thanks.

Once they have seen campbelltown they will be back to where they came from sharpish

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

NI and their lack of a hard border are going to allow mass immigration from the EU after Brexit. If there is a bridge, how are we to stop these foreigners coming here and stealing our jobs?

No thanks.

Yeah the Brexit vote might finally get voters in NI out of the divide and could do more in leading to a United Ireland than anything else over the last 20 years.

Yeah the Brexit vote might finally get voters in NI out of the divide and could do more in leading to a United Ireland than anything else over the last 20 years.
Cant take that chance,its either the nuke option or the tow option to be on the safe side

On 02/03/2018 at 16:02, jamamafegan said:

It amazes me when people say they haven’t been to Ireland when it’s only 49 quid on a plane.

Prepare to be amazed...”I’ve never been to Ireland.”

Please post a photo which captures your amazement.

52 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Cant take that chance,its either the nuke option or the tow option to be on the safe side

What about all your Kinship brethren that planted the savage land of Ulster all them centuries ago, and all that Scottish heritage, tradition and Presbyterianism that they brought with them and nurtured into the great Ulster-Scots Culture?

What about all your Kinship brethren that planted the savage land of Ulster all them centuries ago, and all that Scottish heritage, tradition and Presbyterianism that they brought with them and nurtured into the great Ulster-Scots culture?

Collateral damage we will just have to live with

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
19 minutes ago, Unknown Fan said:

What about all your Kinship brethren that planted the savage land of Ulster all them centuries ago, and all that Scottish heritage, tradition and Presbyterianism that they brought with them and nurtured into the great Ulster-Scots culture?

Collateral damage we will just have to live with

You're a Hitler.

One thing you have to admire about Northern Ireland’s politicians is that they manage to mix seemingly iron clad principals with the ability to stick their noses in the trough for any money going. The DUP have managed to just “meh” their way through the wood burning scandal and land billions from Theresa May. Gerry Adams and the rest of his murdering psychopaths managed to lay down their arms by stuffing the mouths of their shooters and COMMUNITAH with government grants and jobs.

If a bridge did get built you can bet a significant proportion of the cash would end up in the pockets of ‘developers’ or ‘community organisations’. Harold Wilson maybe had it right when he called Paisley and his acolytes “spongers”.

9 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

A tour of the Mem is well worth a look.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What is a mem, Precious?

I'll hazard a guess at the Apprentice Boys Memorial Hall

Archived