Panic buying

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been out for a walk to stretch my back. Went into local Asda for a paper and it was utter carnage, no papers but people stripping the shelves. Went to corner shop and it was the same but people were all buying wine and there was nearly a riot because a bread delivery was hoovered up by people buying 4 and 5 loaves. The seeth was brilliant.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why when folk talk about panic buying is it always bread and milk that are referred to first? Do folk usually munch through loads of bread and drink loads of milk? Why is it felt that these are vital foodstuffs, and does inclement weather mean they eat more of them than they usually would? Perhaps they’ve read too many Broons comics.

Cos nothing is better on a cold winter day than cups of tea and bread dunked in chicken soup.

And the reason people don't panic buy tins is because they already have tins that have been sitting in the cupboard for weeks, months.

Guest JTS98

My only experience of panic buying is from Sri Lanka. Every full moon day in Sri Lanka is a dry day, no bevvy at all (officially). So, the night before a full moon day the bevvy shop would be queued round the corner with folk (me included) panic buying bevvy as if it would never be available again.

I forgot once, and once I'd realised I couldn't buy bevvy, I wanted one more than anything in the world. The mind is strange.

3 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Been out for a walk to stretch my back. Went into local Asda for a paper and it was utter carnage, no papers but people stripping the shelves. Went to corner shop and it was the same but people were all buying wine and there was nearly a riot because a bread delivery was hoovered up by people buying 4 and 5 loaves

Did any of the guys buying the loaves look like this ?

163AA64E-9694-4524-B28D-07E398A558A8.thumb.jpeg.316ae2d89439a8884ceaf6d326d1f39f.jpeg

Bought ten pints earlier. Took some to folks and will use rest up as it's a long sell by. One guy had an entire deep trolley full of it. No idea what happened to the bread but it wasn't a nice feeling down that aisle, like it was a few words away from a war.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bought ten pints earlier. Took some to folks and will use rest up as it's a long sell by. One guy had an entire deep trolley full of it. No idea what happened to the bread but it wasn't a nice feeling down that aisle, like it was a few words away from a war.

Did you give some to your neighbours or are you still hiding behind the curtains from them?

Did you give some to your neighbours or are you still hiding behind the curtains from them?

Dug out my driveway and helped the neighbours clear a path. Cuntos nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing they're regretting not taking the council up on their offer of a supported bungalow now.
Ah well.

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You have no idea how disappointed I am that this didn't end up being a joke about being at the pub.

Our local shoppe bore little evidence of panic buying. Milk was aplenty. Bread was a little scarcer than normal.

Today I went to two local Spars, a farmfoods, ASDA, and B&M. Not a loaf nor any form of milk including UHT between them. Now I wasnt looking for bread thankfully but was needing milk for the Bairn. I was genuinely seething at the human race. We really do deserve Trump or similar to nuke us all. We dont deserve to be allowed basoc freedom.  

Wee edit in case I wasnt clear, these panic buyer types are fucking scum. My wean will go without her milk tomorrow thanks to you.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Probably because it’s full of p***ks buying ten pints of milk unnecessarily.

Archived