The lost art of reading in the toilet

Echo the mention of Rogers Profanisaurus. I have a copy at home that I take in when going for a seat on the throne. In work I generally play pool on my mobile...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phone is useful for reading in the office facilities, getting up from your desk and picking up a book or paper and walking away where everyone know you are going would be weird.
But at home the latest copy of When Saturday Comes does a week or so a month, and usually a book is lying in reserve.
When I worked in an office I would generally announce my intentions to the team with a shout down the table of " pass us the newspaper will ye!" Before marching away with it under my arm to the sounds of tutting and muttered " that's disgusting" from all the women .

As well as buying all sorts of fiction to read I also regularly buy “big books” for this purpose. A “big book” is something will small easily digestible snippets of fun, fact or other non plot-based stuff

Being on the pan is one of my favourite things, it’s probably the only place I actually have time to sit down and have a proper read. It’s the simple things in life!

22 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

With the widespread use of mobile phones it appears that reading books in the lavatory has gone the way of common sense and the dodo.

I read my Kindle in the lavatory but that is not an actual paper book so might not count.

I remember times when you could go to someones house and there would be a selection of books in the toilet. Usually a big hardback book about gardening or cars or some other mild and inoffensive subject. 

Do you read in the toilet?

Usually have a magazine by the bog. Car or GQ.

Mobile Phone is essential in the work toilets, allows me to activate the sensor to turn the light back on when i've been sitting there for too long without having to get up from the loo. 

I usually read the newspaper or Private Eye on the throne. 

Is anyone as daft as I am because sometimes I dither when touching cloth looking for something to read and eventually have to grab something and run to the bog. 

On 3/2/2018 at 15:00, Richey Edwards said:

Here is the official Richey Edwards approved Reading In The Toilet starter pack.

71y1C-V-TtL._SL1001_.jpg

61WMhNz9N+L._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

$_58.JPG

Not sure I like the idea of reading about food while in the middle of a smelly shite, mate.

Archived