The Best from the West vs Celtic. 11th March

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

There are many worse refs in the league than him so not the worst news.

The best thing you can say about Collum is that he is indiscriminate with his rage inducing decision making. If Sunday is won on a controversial decision, it's certainly not because he favours one side more than the other.

Be interesting to see how Murty sets his team up on Sunday. The two draws at Celtic Park were based on defending first and hitting fast when they won the ball. Their recent form seems to have been more of an all "out attack and hope we don't get caught" approach. Neither side is convincing at the back and both sides are capable of scoring heavily. Could go either way but I would have Celtic as favourites if only because Rodgers has proven himself capable of winning important matches on the domestic front.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Might not be a bad thing but, is Lustig suspended for this game?

As far as I can see, yes. The game that was called off last week means he misses Sundays match instead, which for Celtic is definitely a good thing. He has been awful for quite some time.

As far as I can see, yes. The game that was called off last week means he misses Sundays match instead, which for Celtic is definitely a good thing. He has been awful for quite some time.

That would leave either Hendry or Ralston to cover, which I'm fine with. I'd be more concerned if BR chooses to start with Boyata this early following his return from injury.

Celtic have plenty attacking options, from midfield to forward, depending on how aggressive the game plan is, would determine the personnel used.

27 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

That would leave either Hendry or Ralston to cover, which I'm fine with. I'd be more concerned if BR chooses to start with Boyata this early following his return from injury.

Celtic have plenty attacking options, from midfield to forward, depending on how aggressive the game plan is, would determine the personnel used.

Something approaching a 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 with Tierney and Forrest as wing backs is probably likely.

Cashed out my bet on Rangers after todays developments. Guess the bookies knew who the referee was in advance, hence the ridiculous odds. Might have a small tickle on them to get a  penalty, but it's no longer a betting game.

I hope Murty starts Cummings, even if it means dropping Morelos. Not a popular opinon it seems, but Morelos has had 2 stabs at the unwashed and done f**k all basically. We probably wont get that many clear chances, and when they come around, I'd rather have Cummings on the end of them. He's a far superior finisher to Morelos. I don't get the reasoning that Morelos is overall a better footballer either, with regard to hold-up play etc. Running about like a dafty doesn't win big games, clinical finishing does.

50 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

I hope Murty starts Cummings, even if it means dropping Morelos. Not a popular opinon it seems, but Morelos has had 2 stabs at the unwashed and done f**k all basically. We probably wont get that many clear chances, and when they come around, I'd rather have Cummings on the end of them. He's a far superior finisher to Morelos. I don't get the reasoning that Morelos is overall a better footballer either, with regard to hold-up play etc. Running about like a dafty doesn't win big games, clinical finishing does.

Cummings is the better finisher for sure...Sunday showed that even if it was only Falkirk.  Morelos is better at the heavy-lifting if we play one up front (which we will).

I can;t resolve this one but it's a nice problem to have.

Can't see us playing two upfront against the shelfers, it's a hard choice but I'd start with Morelos. Left back is the biggest issue if neither John or Wallace make the game, Halliday can cover the run of the mill games at left back but not against them.

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Cummings is the better finisher for sure...Sunday showed that even if it was only Falkirk.  Morelos is better at the heavy-lifting if we play one up front (which we will).

I can;t resolve this one but it's a nice problem to have.

It's a bit of a weird conundrum, and I reckon you can't really criticise Murty whatever he chooses. Just wish Morelos wasn't so wasteful. Perhaps if Murphy doesn't make it, the problem will solve itself, but Murphy will be  a big loss too if not fit.

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

Can't see us playing two upfront against the shelfers, it's a hard choice but I'd start with Morelos. Left back is the biggest issue if neither John or Wallace make the game, Halliday can cover the run of the mill games at left back but not against them.

Halliday isn't ideal, especially going forward, but he wont let us down against that lot.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The big problem with Halliday comes when he thinks he's a decent footballer who can maraud all over the park.

I thought he did ok on Sunday as he seemed to focus (for a change) and stuck to clearing his lines.  He'd be my 3rd choice but if he shows the same discipline we'll be ok.  Plus, if Sunday's refereeing is anything to go by it's ok to punch an opponent in the Davina Mccalls.   P&B vaunts this.  I'm sure Mr H would not be shy to do so.

Archived