Cheltenham 2018 - Anyone got any tips?

LLCoolD

So its the last free race of the festival with sky bet. So far overall im sitting at £560 profit for the meeting which is incredible to be honest. Last year was my worst year losing nearly £1000 when i went chasing on Gold Cup day like a dick. Going into this years gold cup day with a completely different mindset today and there is a few bit price winners to be had today. 

In the first race today I am rulling out Apples Shakira as i have it in a double with Might Bite that I put on during the week. Appleas Shakira again like Samcro comes in at a short price which I wouldn’t back on a free bet offer. 

With that said I looked at this for quite a while this since i got home yesterday and made sure I was happy with my decision after rushing yesterdays pick. I have to say I was disappointed with Terrefort’s stamina and expected more at the end at the end but a worthy winner was Shattered Love who looked superb throughout. Looked at it again last night though and still could easily have made a case for others too. 

Todays race features Redicean who makes the step up to Grade 1 having won its first 3 hurdles and has to be a danger. After yesterday surely Elliot’s runner Farclas cant be rules out. Me though I’ve went for one of the Mullin’s runners in MR ADJUDICATOR who beat Farclas in a grade 1, its on a hat-trick bid and the Irish have dominated Cheltenham so far so it would be no shock to see another irish winner in the first race despite Apples Shakira being so short in the betting market. 

61234C34-F633-4EFF-980C-A9F0D0C8A2AB.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E/W lucky 15 

Mr Adjudicater, Ivanovich Gorbatov, Callet Mad, Road To Respect 

E/W double 

Burrows Saint, Dont Touch It 

Also stuck a couple of quid on what seems to be a well backed treble of Apples Jade, Might Bite and Burning Ambition just incase its a favourites day

12 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

The more I look at it at it the more I'm drawn to Road to Respect for the Gold Cup. Got £25 on at 14/1 earlier today and now backed in to 10s. 

Winner at the Festival last year and won a Grade 1 at Leopardstown in December (beating Balko Des Flos who won the Ryanair earlier today). Gigginstown had some concerns over the ground but said the same about BDF, and that didn't end too badly at all. 

Was looking at that there as well, the Balko Des Flos form looks very strong now.

£15 on Mr Adjudicator at 8/1 in the 1.30 race. If it doesnt win, ive already got a tenner free bet waiting so will add that to make up a £25 free bet on the Gold Cup which will likely go on the Road To Respect

Very rarely bet the nags but have got the fever today.

Accumulator (4) EW

Mr Adjudicator @ 9/11:30 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Flying Tiger @ 10/12:10 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Ok Corral @ 12/12:50 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Foxrock @ 7/14:10 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Stake: £2.00 (£1.00 x 2)
To return: £11508.54

Treble(s) EW

Poetic Rhythm @ 12/12:50 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Farclas @ 8/11:30 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Road To Respect @ 10/13:30 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Stake: £8.00 (£4.00 x 2)
To return: £5254.08

Treble(s) EW

Apple's Shakira @ 11/101:30 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Santini @ 3/12:50 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Native River @ 9/23:30 Cheltenham - Win

Open

Stake: £5.00 (£2.50 x 2)
To return: £138.97

Bash the bookies please.

A big lump on Road to Respect  each way in the Gold Cup means I've more less broken even over the week when it placed.

P.S. Turned into a wee profit with a place in the last with Theinval.

Archived