Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be County's next permanent manager?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Martin Canning? 

I actually think that might be a decent shout. Despite most Accie fans hating the man, he has "done well with limited resources" to quote a cliche and has instilled commitment, belief and grit that County are sorely lacking. He was a good servant for County as a young player.

*Dons crash helmet*

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

If someone else is coming in from outside then it's more likely that Ferguson would be the caretaker, having done that when Adams left and kind of did it when McIntyre left (Coyle was appointed sharpish and was in the dugout and hindsight shows that was definitely Coyle's style before it went FUBAR).

If it's going to be an internal promotion - which I think it should - then the structure is there for Ketts to be the manager and Brittain or Kirkwood to take the u20s.

For the little it's worth at this level, Kettlewell has the Uefa 'A' badge and I think is doing the course for the Pro Licence.  Ferguson and Kirkwood already have Pro badges. 

Ketts was keen on it before Coyle but didn't want to be the guy in charge who potentially took us down - but I think the way things are now no-one could judge him for that now even if we did go down. I think the plan for the caretaker spell post McIntyre had been for Fergie to be in charge largely in name only but Ketts actually making the calls.

I actually think that might be a decent shout. Despite most Accie fans hating the man, he has "done well with limited resources" to quote a cliche and has instilled commitment, belief and grit that County are sorely lacking. He was a good servant for County as a young player.
*Dons crash helmet*

Take him.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont think theres anything ridiculous yet, I just always remember there was someone absolutely adamant Tommy Wright would join County from us before Coyle was hired. I'm hoping he starts suggesting it again.

I know exactly what you mean, i mind cringin readin it.

That posters on another planet at times, seems a harmless old soul and  cares about the club, but comes out with some horrendous shouts.

"Box office" tho, hes a mainstay on the forum.

Jack Ross would definitely see it as a step up. Wouldn't be surprised if he is in place within the next week.
Behave yourself, why would he leave a club nailed on for promotion to go to a club with only 10 games to avoid relegation?

He's knocked back bigger & better clubs than RCFC.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Behave yourself, why would he leave a club nailed on for promotion to go to a club with only 10 games to avoid relegation?

He's knocked back bigger & better clubs than RCFC.

You are one thick bassa if you can't detect gooseys misplaced irony.

Given the time that has passed since his appointment with Scotland, Alex McLeish must be getting itchy feet about a return to club management. 

Obviously the McGhee shouts are for teh LOLs but does he not still have a 6 game ban outstanding up here anyway?

As it is he’s currently in the process of getting Barnet relegated as “Head of Technical”. I think he lasted about half a dozen games as actual manager before being shunted to a different role: https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/january/statement-from-barnet-football-club/

Edit: I lie, he lasted 11 games...

5a9914d960845_ScreenShot2018-03-02at09_08_53.png.d14d2b24325856741af0289078c9fb97.png

Archived