Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be County's next permanent manager?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kettlewell is a bit Foran-esque, no?

Kettlewell managed the league winning development squad last year. As far as I know Foran had never had any formal management experience at all. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kettlewell is a bit Foran-esque, no?

Not really. Ketts has been working with the development squad since 2016, which is a fair bit more coaching experience than Foran.

At the same time it's obviously a risk to some extent but f**k, looking a those names they are all risks. Better to try someone new than just go with an old rerun failure.

Best part of County sacking their manager is reading their forum, some of the suggestions for a new manager are superb.

Having listened to that car crash interview on Sportsound the other week any club/chairman even considering giving Hughes a manager job would have to be off the chart mental.

Even overlooking the fact he's an absolute roaster, he managed to relegate Raith last season. It'd hardly instil confidence of him being able to turn a club in the middle of a relegation battle around this time.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Having listened to that car crash interview on Sportsound the other week any club/chairman even considering giving Hughes a manager job would have to be off the chart mental.

Even overlooking the fact he's an absolute roaster, he managed to relegate Raith last season. It'd hardly instil confidence of him being able to turn a club in the middle of a relegation battle around this time.

Were Raith even in a relegation battle when he took charge?

A play off against a team miles off Championship level and he took them down. No idea how he can follow that by getting a top flight job.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best part of County sacking their manager is reading their forum, some of the suggestions for a new manager are superb.

And now I need to check in on Over The Bridge...

2 minutes ago, forkboy said:

And now I need to check in on Over The Bridge...

Dont think theres anything ridiculous yet, I just always remember there was someone absolutely adamant Tommy Wright would join County from us before Coyle was hired. I'm hoping he starts suggesting it again.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Were Raith even in a relegation battle when he took charge?

A play off against a team miles off Championship level and he took them down. No idea how he can follow that by getting a top flight job.

He was appointed 10th February apparently.

5a9872ed89823_ScreenShot2018-03-01at21_37_46.png.43c62d8a7da8fdb1ab00bc806df0f2d0.png

7 minutes ago, Spain said:

I can't see anything other than it being Ketts & Co now.

If someone else is coming in from outside then it's more likely that Ferguson would be the caretaker, having done that when Adams left and kind of did it when McIntyre left (Coyle was appointed sharpish and was in the dugout and hindsight shows that was definitely Coyle's style before it went FUBAR).

If it's going to be an internal promotion - which I think it should - then the structure is there for Ketts to be the manager and Brittain or Kirkwood to take the u20s.

For the little it's worth at this level, Kettlewell has the Uefa 'A' badge and I think is doing the course for the Pro Licence.  Ferguson and Kirkwood already have Pro badges. 

Archived