Clyde v Elgin.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to make this one sadly. On a break booked before the game became a mid week one.

If we can carry forward the first half from Saturday we should stroll it. If we carry forward the second half Elgin will get their elusive away win.

2 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Apologies, not sure why i was thinking twice!

I think the same week as we chucked the 2-0 lead up at Elgin we had done similar in the cup against Stranraer. 

If it's the same squad as Stenny, we'd be best mobilising all the pace and power we have, because we will concede. Keeping a clean-sheet midweek, without Lang, Nicoll - and a probable back four - would take some spectacular underperformance on Elgin's part.

I'd have Lamont on the flank in place of Martin. He'd cover Duffie better. Boyle where Lamont was on Saturday. If we're not winning comfortably on 65', 4-4-2. Kipre and Martin on.

Not a bad game both teams tried to play football and some good passing Mcstay was outstanding and well DGW what a player thought the defence looked ok Duffie played really well as did Stewart. Couple of good chances for elgin first half thought they shaded it first 45. a lot better from us second half thought we deserved win but probably wouldn't have argued with a draw All in all good football game always think elgin are a good team to watch

Chris McStay has been a real find. I only wish we could keep the majority of this squad (Lennon included) next season but I doubt it. We need arses collapsing from the teams above but you never know. Grinding out 1-0 wins like that I’ll take all day long.

Pretty decent game I thought. We started brightly and created a couple of decent chances, Elgin had a decent spell for a good chunk of first half until we forced our why back in again, They are a good side so happy enough at half time although as ever Goodwill looked dangerous every time the ball came to him. 

I think we were better side for most of the second half, McStay began to get on the ball more and of course Goodie just got better and better. His header was an absolute bullet. Although Elgin defence did seem to decide to leave him unmarked for some inexplicable reason. 

Thought Stewart and McNiff had pretty decent games, McStay although quite quiet in first half had some tremendous touches and runs in the second. Grant, while doing nothing flashy got around the pitch really well and did some really good grafting work. Martin ran his socks off and when Boyle came on he provided some real quality. 

Need to to see again but seemed to have a couple of decent penalty shouts, stonewall handball from where I was. How linesman or ref gave the offside in the second half against Goodwillie is beyond me.

Special paragraph for David Goodwillie all on his own, what a class apart he is! Not just his goals but his work rate and attitude is astounding, brilliant player end of story. As long as we are able to have him here he will be 100% appreciated. 

42 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Chris McStay has been a real find. I only wish we could keep the majority of this squad (Lennon included) next season but I doubt it. We need arses collapsing from the teams above but you never know. Grinding out 1-0 wins like that I’ll take all day long.

Think McStat posted on twitter he signed another 1 year deal ? I might be wrong 

Archived