Airdrie v Stranraer

GAME OFF

Due to adverse weather conditions and travel warnings, the decision has been taken to postpone Saturday's League One match against Stranraer. Details of the rearranged fixture will be announced in due course.

Bit early. Time enough to inspect the pitch on Saturday morning.

Even if the pitch was cleared and playable, the game would still be off as there is an amber weather warning in place through the weekend. There are 9 games off in total so far. The SPFL will be in discussions with the relevant people which will probably result in the rest of the fixtures being postponed.   

21 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Bit early. Time enough to inspect the pitch on Saturday morning.

You can’t win with some people. Don’t know what it’s like in Stranraer but it’s murder up here. Snow was above my wellies in the garden this morning! It’s not just the pitch that has to be taken into account. It’s also the approaches to the stadium and car parks. Absolutely the correct and inevitable decision and in my view the Club have to be commended for the early decision.

Correct decision. 8-10 inches o snow in the gorbals. North glasgow has well over a foot of snow with huge drifts. I imagine airdrie will be the same. It wont thaw for a week or so.. no brainer.

Correct decision. 8-10 inches o snow in the gorbals. North glasgow has well over a foot of snow with huge drifts. I imagine airdrie will be the same. It wont thaw for a week or so.. no brainer.
Being the highest senior ground above sea level has its own disadvantages. Looks like a mid week new date so low crowd again.

Archived