Dunfermline v Title Challengers Livi, Tue 3rd April 2018

About time summer fitba was played in the  lower leagues in Scotland ...feckin hate snow [emoji20]

No idea why folk keep saying this, the season would still be on regardless.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lazy b*****ds can't even shovel 1000 tonnes of snow.

Give Nat a big shovel and some Haribo to keep him going and the ground would be snow free in about 30 minutes. 

10 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Aye but you'd still have more months of warmer climes not freezing your nuts off watching football. The snow isn't as bad as this every year though, the last 2 seasons have been quite mild in comparison, but i'd rather sit watching football played during April, May June, July,  than in November, December, January, February. When the season starts it is quite an enjoyable experience sitting in the stands in a light jacket or just your shirt, instead of a big coat, gloves and hat.

16 hours ago, AMC13 said:

45 pishy cold winters I’ve been watching fitba ...that’s why 

18 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Because some people seem to actually believe it would mean that football is only played during the summer and at no other times

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yup, people think summer football means we'd get the whole season done between May and September.

Because they're FUCKING MORONS

Only you said that ya p***k 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

You could have two games a day though what with the extra daylight.

Daylight isn't essential for games though. That's why stadiums have those big lights

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye but you'd still have more months of warmer climes not freezing your nuts off watching football. The snow isn't as bad as this every year though, the last 2 seasons have been quite mild in comparison, but i'd rather sit watching football played during April, May June, July,  than in November, December, January, February. When the season starts it is quite an enjoyable experience sitting in the stands in a light jacket or just your shirt, instead of a big coat, gloves and hat.

Stopped reading when I saw " I,d rather sit watching football" that was where it all went wrong rather than sitting looking at around 9000 empty seat once a fortnight get back to proper Saturdays when the kick off was 3pm & you stood behind whichever end your team were playing into then had a wander round to the other end at half-time. On dry days you did not bother whether it was covered or not. Why waste the short spell of decent weather if we are lucky on football when there are better things to do during that small window, fitba is for getting out of the house on driech winter days rather vegetating in front of the telly.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Stopped reading when I saw " I,d rather sit watching football" that was where it all went wrong rather than sitting looking at around 9000 empty seat once a fortnight get back to proper Saturdays when the kick off was 3pm & you stood behind whichever end your team were playing into then had a wander round to the other end at half-time. On dry days you did not bother whether it was covered or not. Why waste the short spell of decent weather if we are lucky on football when there are better things to do during that small window, fitba is for getting out of the house on driech winter days rather vegetating in front of the telly.

Wrong on so many levels, I'd rather watch football comfortably than freezing my balls off. Why waste the chance to get more folk into grounds with kids off school, midweek games aren't as much of a ball ache. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Kids aren't at school on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. I never struggled for midweek games when I was at school. 

Away games getting back late for that night? You can see why it'd hold some back from going

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Away games getting back late for that night? You can see why it'd hold some back from going

If you're thinking it's too late for your kid to be out, I don't think the time of year would change that much whether they have school or not.

Get the summer football argument in the bin and close the thread.

Just now, LiviLion said:

If you're thinking it's too late for your kid to be out, I don't think the time of year would change that much whether they have school or not.

Get the summer football argument in the bin and close the thread.

Nothing else to talk about just now, however if this was summer football we'd be able to talk about the game.:thumsup2

Archived