WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, forameus said:

I know people did question that, but it's interesting how Warrior just got the "aye, he's said some pretty bad stuff" treatment, but everyone gets the pitchforks out for Moolah.  

Assume they would have had they not already had the Mae Young Classic.  Still, plenty of others they could have named it after...

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for stephanie mcmahon gif

Steph's Chebs Battle Royal?

Probably the "best" we can hope for in terms of that match.  A random tag match sounds fucking boring, and doesn't really capitalise on the tension between Owens and Zayn.  Of course, the best option would just be to have a singles match and have Shane away from it, but...well, it's WM innit bruv?  Shane isn't going to miss that.  At least this way we may well get some small bit of physicality from Bryan.  Very least, I imagine Shane's getting Yes locked, maybe even a running knee if DB promises not to land on his brain.  The one positive is that Shane doesn't really have a history of being desperate to be put over like HHH or Steph might.  He's been in 5 matches since he came back, and lost every single one of them (technically he "won" the Survivor Series match he was in, but given he left it on a stretcher unable to remember his own name, I'm not sure that counts).  In fact, the last time he won a singles match was 2006.  He's there to probably take the pin, and get his comeuppance.  

Think the difference with Warrior and Moolah is that Warrior said some pretty derogatory nonsense in his life and that's about it whereas Moolah has been accused of more or less human trafficking and outright whoring her students out as a business.

Warrior should never be the man that a humanitarian award is named after, not in a million years but to honour Moolah with a battle royale promoting the advancement and enrichment of women when she almost single handedly not only held them back in the business for four decades but actively wrecked lives doing so would be like opening the Adolf Hitler memorial Synagogue. 

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Rusev vs Macaulay Culkin emoji846.png

43 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think the difference with Warrior and Moolah is that Warrior said some pretty derogatory nonsense in his life and that's about it whereas Moolah has been accused of more or less human trafficking and outright whoring her students out as a business.

Warrior should never be the man that a humanitarian award is named after, not in a million years but to honour Moolah with a battle royale promoting the advancement and enrichment of women when she almost single handedly not only held them back in the business for four decades but actively wrecked lives doing so would be like opening the Adolf Hitler memorial Synagogue. 

Warrior is a piece of shit and I've never got the adulation for him. Abysmal c**t of a person (and shite wrestler).

Check oot wee Braun up the back, cheesing it up.   Think Naomi'sthe one shouting about someone catching these hands amiritelads?!

The placement of these are always weird, very rarely follow what you would expect by what's headlining.  They should just do one of those massive group shots you get at weddings with the entire roster, just to show how many people will get shoehorned onto the card through both battle royals.  Then put some crew in there just to f**k with people.

Where do people watch Mania? 

I usually just sit in the house myself but fancy going out for it this year. Anyone know if there's somewhere in Glasgow showing it and if stay open all night until it's finished given it'll likely be a 5am+ finish? 

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I usually just sit in the house myself but fancy going out for it this year. Anyone know if there's somewhere in Glasgow showing it and if stay open all night until it's finished given it'll likely be a 5am+ finish? 

Walkabout. Have watched a couple of Manias (30 and 31) there. You might need to book though.

Box show it as well, although I'm not sure how good that would be.

Was listening to a podcast and they were talking about the Shane/KO/Zayn match and who could be the partner for a potential tag match.  Apparently there's a poster for Fozzy's gig on WM day that has that day's gig starting at 3:30pm or something, with the opportunity to "watch WM with the band from 8pm".  Put him on a plane for the close of the gig and he'd be available surely by the latter half of the show.  

I look forward to the Jim White style posts on Twitter wondering whereabouts wee Chris is on the Sunday.

Where do people watch Mania?  I usually just sit in the house myself but fancy going out for it this year. Anyone know if there's somewhere in Glasgow showing it and if stay open all night until it's finished given it'll likely be a 5am+ finish? 

From WM 17-24 I would video tape It at home and watch It with my younger brother In the morning then I stopped watching for a while.

Then WM 26 where then I had a part time job and at High School so me and my mates would meet up on the Sunday afternoon and have a fifa tournament, order some food and have a couple of beers for the show and been doing It ever since!

This year you’ve got The Masters Golf on before It and we’ll be watching The Khabib v Ferguson UFC fight from the night before and the Bahrain F1 race so gonna be a good chilled day.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Was listening to a podcast and they were talking about the Shane/KO/Zayn match and who could be the partner for a potential tag match.  Apparently there's a poster for Fozzy's gig on WM day that has that day's gig starting at 3:30pm or something, with the opportunity to "watch WM with the band from 8pm".  Put him on a plane for the close of the gig and he'd be available surely by the latter half of the show.  

I look forward to the Jim White style posts on Twitter wondering whereabouts wee Chris is on the Sunday.

5 hour flight apparently. No way he's making Mania

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

5 hour flight apparently. No way he's making Mania

Agree it's unlikely, but I assumed that when they said he had a gig, it was the usual late one.  It leaves a small door open, although that's probably a deliberate thing on his part.

If they announce a tag match but no partner, odds on him will drop, but I don't think we'll get a tag match anyway at this stage.

8 hours ago, forameus said:

Check oot wee Braun up the back, cheesing it up.   Think Naomi'sthe one shouting about someone catching these hands amiritelads?!

The placement of these are always weird, very rarely follow what you would expect by what's headlining.  They should just do one of those massive group shots you get at weddings with the entire roster, just to show how many people will get shoehorned onto the card through both battle royals.  Then put some crew in there just to f**k with people.

They could hide someone random in there for a laugh.

Punk would be the obvious option.

I watched it in Walkabout last year and am doing the same this year. You need to book if you want a table but other than that it’s just a fiver in the door. Was some laugh last year. A guy offered me out for a square go for cheering Roman Reigns in the main event.

Archived