WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Credit where credit is due Rousey's match was first class. I was ever so ready to shit on it and it delivered big time.

Match of the night, very impressed by Rousey. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts about it before I read the thoughts of others.

* Last night showed a clear shift from Reigns to Braun. Reigns gets absolutely obliterated on the same night they have a huge attempt to make Braun more accessible to the kids. I liked how they did it tbh. Braun continues to look like someone who can beat two guys on his own, sticks it to The Bar a bit by picking a child to make his point. The Bar don't lose much because it's Braun Strowman. Pretty well done stuff.

* On Reigns and Lesnar, I kinda felt sorry for them. They were putting a good effort on, but nobody even WANTED to care about that match. If their first Mania match had that crowd, it'd probably have fallen just as flat. Hard match to judge.

* The Cena/Taker thing was great. It gave us a great gif moment and Twitter didn't disappoint afterwards. The match gave Taker a belting win on the big stage again which is always good, and Cena continues to keep losing, which is adds something to it. I kinda hope that's how The Undertaker goes out.

* LOVED the mixed tag match. Rousey's getting a lot of the credit, which is fair enough given she's a relative novice to this stuff. But everyone involved in the match deserves a ton of credit for just how good that was. I did NOT see that quality of match coming.

* Not sue why I hadn't even thought about Nakamura turning heel, let alone expect it. He's a tremendous heel so they were always going to go for it at some point. That match was disappointing as f**k btw.

* Charlotte is looking like a star right now. Winning a GREAT match against an undefeated opponent which actually MEANT something. Good stuff.

I'll probably cover more stuff later. I enjoyed the show on the whole.

On holiday during this and don’t think I’ll be bothering checking it out on return to be honest. I’m queuing up Takeover and Supercard of Honor along with a couple of other things from the weekend (Bloodsport - no ropes UWF rules, and Joey Janela’s Spring Break - chaotic hardcore with classic 90s sleaze). But despite the decent card, the poor reception to this hasn’t got me interested in the slightest.

12 minutes ago, Christophe said:

On holiday during this and don’t think I’ll be bothering checking it out on return to be honest. I’m queuing up Takeover and Supercard of Honor along with a couple of other things from the weekend (Bloodsport - no ropes UWF rules, and Joey Janela’s Spring Break - chaotic hardcore with classic 90s sleaze). But despite the decent card, the poor reception to this hasn’t got me interested in the slightest.

Not sure that's fair to not bother giving it a chance. As it goes it was actually decent and some right good matches but the second half of the PPV suffered from fan exhaustion killing things dead and very questionable booking. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure that's fair. As it goes it was actually decent but the second half of the PPV suffered from fan exhaustion killing things dead and questionable booking. 

Fair enough but just never been one for picking fights to catch up on. Usually decide on all or nothing and I’m just not fancying it from the overall vibe 

Watch it over a couple of viewings and you should be fine. The worst thing to do would be to go for one sitting. But watching the whole show isn't a bad thing. I thought it was a good PPV, if a bit disappointing, but that's because of just how good it was on paper.

The show was excellent IMO. It tapered out towards the end because the crowd had been exhausted and weren't getting behind the latter matches. There weren't necessarily great 4 or 5 star matches, but it was a tremendously fun show and it certainly couldn't be labelled as predictable like many wwe events in the past have been.

Prediction league took a absolute hit and the bookies aswell having Roman on 1/20. Matt Hardy win was 12/1 notiable ones I can remember. made it a good show.

Quickly flicked through it early on but rewatched it and enjoyed it alot more. some decent moments making RAW worth the watch tonight.

Match order maybe could have been better. Alexa Bliss took a hammering.

Think Ronda adjusted her shorts every minute of the match.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The show was excellent IMO. It tapered out towards the end because the crowd had been exhausted and weren't getting behind the latter matches. There weren't necessarily great 4 or 5 star matches, but it was a tremendously fun show and it certainly couldn't be labelled as predictable like many wwe events in the past have been.

Certainly won't be remembered as predictable. I'll get more points in the prediction game with no boost and half the matches probably.

Guest bernardblack
Prediction league took a absolute hit and the bookies aswell having Roman on 1/20. Matt Hardy win was 12/1 notiable ones I can remember. made it a good show.
Quickly flicked through it early on but rewatched it and enjoyed it alot more. some decent moments making RAW worth the watch tonight.
Match order maybe could have been better. Alexa Bliss took a hammering.
Think Ronda adjusted her shorts every minute of the match.

Matt Hardy was 2/5 was he not?

Jinder was around 12/1 and Charlotte 4/1

I fortunately had a wee winner on Bryan/Shane which was 7/4

17 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

IMG_9951.jpg

He's apparently went off on one for getting confronted by Vince over going 'off script' (presumably hardwaying Reigns?), this in turn led to a heated exchange and the belt got thrown either at Vince or at a wall depending on the eyewitness reports of those who saw it.

Sort of ties in with how livid he looked on the way up the ramp. Didn't even think of hanging about at the end or pose for the cameras. Was done and gone.

Only relaying details of that report as the site has gone a bit haywire.

Interesting stuff though and doesn't really change from the thinking that Lesnar's days are numbered. Perhaps even see a change of title tonight if he's booked to be there?

I'm calling bullshit on that one right away for a couple of reasons. I don't buy that the visual of Reigns covered in blood wasn't set up. I also think that it's a "work" although not for the fans, but for any sponsors who might be upset about the blood in the match.

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Matt Hardy was 2/5 was he not?

Jinder was around 12/1 and Charlotte 4/1

I fortunately had a wee winner on Bryan/Shane which was 7/4

was 12/1 on Friday or Saturday with SkyBet

Guest bernardblack
Rumour going around that Nicholas is the son of a WWE referee

Yeah it's Jack Cone's son apparently.

Can see Lesnar dropping the title tonight

Archived