WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

Now almost certain we'll get Big Match John vs Scary Spooky Taker.  It could be a great match, but it all depends on what shape Taker is in.  Cena can be good, but I'm not convinced he's good enough to carry a broken Taker.  But if he's healthy now, then I am very much looking forward to that.

Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal has also been announced, to a fanfare of "they've named it after that c**t?".  Good way to get a lot of women onto the card, seems fair enough given the year they've had to give more than just the 4 of them a payday.  Wonder if they'll punt the Andre the Giant one, or whether we'll get both.  I'd give that a rest for the year, given it's completely useless, but like I said, it's a good way to get shite on the card.

Only big question mark now is a few of the Smackdown matches.  It'll be a tag triple threat, but just a question of the stipulation.  Ladder match would be lovely.  Then it's down to just what they do with Owens/Zayn/McMahon.  Personally I'd have the Owens vs Zayn with Shane as referee, but not sure that's high profile enough for him.  Suspect it'll be the even shiter cousin of the RAW mixed tag by having Shane partner with someone.  

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please no Shane. I'd be delighted if he never wrestled ever again, and even more so if he just fucked off and wasn't involved in any stories. 

That applies to Stephanie, but x100

We've already got 10 matches, still likely a good few more to come. Gonna be one hell of a long night.

The last couple of years have clocked in at 7 hours if you include the pre show so I’d imagine more of the same this time around.

Thank f**k I’m off the Monday as I’ll be bushed after all that.

You know what?  I'm actually really looking forward to this now.  There's been a few shows where you get the WM excitement despite the relatively poor card, but I'm really looking forward to quite a few matches on this.  Only worry is that they pile on too much and end up with loads of short matches, but Lesnar/Goldberg last year showed that that's not necessarily a bad thing. 

Was actually curious how they paced last year, and surprised to see that they gave a fair whack to pretty much every match on the card even though there were 13.  25 minutes to HHH/Seth, 23 to Reigns/Taker (seemed soooo much longer), 20 to Shane/AJ (I sense a pattern here).  I remember the mixed tag being quite short (mercifully), Wyatt/Orton too (although it was shite) and the Smackdown Women's match only got 5 minutes.  With presumably 3 matches a lock to be added (RAW women's match, Cena/Taker, Smackdown Tag) and quite a few more potentially (Battle Royal, something for Hardy/Wyatt, Bayley/Sasha), it could get even bigger.  

I'd stick another couple of matches on the pre-show.  Although personally I'd just ditch the concept of a pre-show altogether and just treat it like a 6 hour show.  Maybe then we'd stop them filling that time with promos we'll see again repeatedly, Lawler making shite jokes and Booker T looking confused.  Have 4, 5, even 6 matches on the pre-show and fill the rest with chatter, then leave the remaining 4 hours to really give time to the big matches.

Right. Here's the question. 

Cena vs Taker

Reigns vs Lesnar

Asuka vs Charlotte 

AJ vs Nakamura 

What will main event? What (in your opinion) SHOULD main event? 

For me, Lesnar vs Reigns will main event but it should be Taker vs Cena. 

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Cena vs Taker

Reigns vs Lesnar

Asuka vs Charlotte 

AJ vs Nakamura 

It shouldn’t, but they could very well have the mixed tag close out too, suspect it’ll be Reigns/Lesnar again though. 

The product isn’t exactly hot going in but must say I like the card and some of the other matcbes not announced. Still won’t touch Takeover mind.

There is no doubt that Reigns/Lesnar is main eventing, and no doubt that Reigns is winning.  There's also no doubt that it will be heavily booed, despite WWE's best attempts.

From the current confirmed matches, and the expected additions, they'll probably open with either the Smackdown Tag Title match (if it gets given a ladder stip or something) or more likely the IC title.  AJ/Nakamura will appear about 2/3rds of the way through the card, probably similar position to Wyatt/Orton last year.  As for the final 4, I think it'll be...

Mixed Tag
Cena/Taker
Moolah Royal
Reigns/Lesnar

I don't think there's any chance that anything other than Reigns/Lesnar main events, and that Reigns will - rightly - win it.  If they continue on their current path, it will absolutely deserve to, and unless something untoward happens then it's going to be a solid, well-received match.  The Women's Battle Royal will be the sandwich match, because although they like their "history", I think they know that for a lot of people it'll be the piss-break match.  It breaks up the two biggest matches currently rumoured and gives the crowd the chance to recover.  You could switch the Mixed Tag and Cena/Taker around.

I do worry that they could - small chance mind - go with the Mixed Tag last.  I think they believe it will be a bigger match than it actually is, and arguably 3 of the company's current golden people (Rousey because she's "THABADDESTWOMANONTHEPLANET" and HHH/Steph because they're HHH and Steph) are involved.  They'd be absolutely certifiable to do that, unless something absolutely monumental is going to happen at the end.  Just have Da Big Dog hold up the belt as they go off air.

Cena vs Taker
Reigns vs Lesnar
Asuka vs Charlotte 
AJ vs Nakamura 

Lesnar v Reigns for me because with Reigns surely gonna win the title It’s the start of RR proper era as the big dog.

Cena v Taker. Wm’s biggest star against wwe’s biggest star. If Taker still had the streak I’d of main evented this.

Asuka v Charlotte could be a very good match but a women’s match should never close WM. The Interest just Isn’t there.

AJ v Naka could be very good but It’s not as big as Taker or Reigns matches.

Surely Undertaker is returning The American Badass for this.

1. Coat and Hat left in ring.

2. Cenas smarky instagram remarks

3. Kid Rock there to perform American Badass live.

It starts to add up. Could even just have Michelle show up on Raw to accept the challenge and he won't need to be seen or heard from until the show. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Roman's still going to get booed massively. 

He'll get booed, absolutely, but I'm not sure the reaction has been quite as vociferous recently, particularly with all the stuff around Lesnar.  It's all about how they play the next 3 weeks.  They've still got plenty of time to completely ruin it and return things to how they were, but I don't think he'll get the reaction that he got last year, for example.  

Archived