Masterchef

The Naitch

20 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Nisha is an absolute Wid.

Simon win it this year in a close fought battle with Kenny and Nisha.

Would agree with both comments there. 

Felt a bit sorry for Chris last night, but there was no coming back after serving that up to Nathan Outlaw. 

Noteworthy that Moonira and Nawamin both struggled when presented with food that wasn't Indian/Thai. Both undoubtedly  talented but also a bit one dimensional. 

Right decision tonight, although I sighed at the "cook a dish from your local area" knowing exactly that we'd yet again get an Indian, Thai and Portuguese dish. It's been a bit predictable, this series - the elimination challenges need a bit of a refresh.

Alex had another fortunate one tonight. Not covering herself in glory in the professional kitchen again, and got through with what was basically a fucking Nandos (and not a great dish either).

Edited by Michael W

9 hours ago, Rowan said:

Why they don’t chuck people off at the on-site challenge location is daft. There a waste of time as don’t seem have much impact on decisions.

I'm never a fan of when they work in a professional kitchen or with a pro.  It's pointless having John & Gregg critiquing the food when everybody knows it's not leaving the kitchen unless it meets the high standard of the professional chef.

I wasn't a fan of him at the start, but David is making  a big push for the title.  He's picking up everything he's being shown and is limiting the "wackiness" that was holding him back at the start.   Between him and Kenny for me.  As others have said, Nawirmin (sp?) and Alex too one dimensional.  We get it, you're from Thailand/Portugal. Cook something else please.

On 09/04/2018 at 22:05, Michael W said:

Noteworthy that Moonira and Nawamin both struggled when presented with food that wasn't Indian/Thai. Both undoubtedly  talented but also a bit one dimensional. 

Right decision tonight, although I sighed at the "cook a dish from your local area" knowing exactly that we'd yet again get an Indian, Thai and Portuguese dish. It's been a bit predictable, this series - the elimination challenges need a bit of a refresh.

Alex had another fortunate one tonight. Not covering herself in glory in the professional kitchen again, and got through with what was basically a fucking Nandos (and not a great dish either).

You,re absolutely spot on regarding Moonira and Nawamin. He is excellent at what he does but surely there has to be a bit of variety. Personally i hope Kenny wins it.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Demonstrate what you've learned in Peru and it's another fucking Thai dish. 

That riled me. Kind of hope one of David or Kenny wins as at least those two have brought some variety to their dishes.

That Peruvian restaurant they were in last night was a fucking shambles.  Three tatties baked in clay?  Away ye go.  I bet the pretentious fanny running it charges about £20 for it as well.

Tough one to call tonight as to who goes.  I think it'll simply be whoever makes a mistake with their dish will be out.  My prediction is for the pressure to get too much for Alex and it'll be an all-male Final.