Masterchef

The Naitch

The 14th series of MasterChef gets started tonight.

No doubt there'll be the usual mix of delusional fantasists (see Jackie, her with the hard on for Thailand) mixed with a handful of folk who actually know what they're doing.

Here's a 'Where Are They Now' of previous winners that they'll be hoping to emulate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3MBvFx9h7Ys79NHQQ5Fv7NW/winners

Edited by The Naitch

The 14th series of MasterChef gets started tonight.
No doubt there'll be the usual mix of delusional fantasists (see Jackie, her with the hard on for Thailand) mixed with a handful of folk who actually know what they're doing.
Here's a 'Where Are They Now' of previous winners that they'll be hoping to emulate...

Nice wee article there, forgot about a couple of them to be fair.

My favourite was Mat from the previous ones. Always love seeing someone serve up something absolutely rotten in the opening rounds.

Is that fat dick Gregg Wallace still on it?  I hated the fact that he'd judge people far more experienced in the industry.  Its like me giving football tips to Lionel Messi because I played for my school fitba team.

She (Alex) must have done well in the auditions. She served a jobby, for fucks sake. I don't give a shit what it tasted like. It was slop that was meant to be a cake.

Yeah similar to last year when someone served raw chicken but still made it through...

It looked terrible Sitwelll uttered some pish about getting served collapsed fondants in high end restaurants. The standard is ropey so far it can only improve.

But then they had the cheek to criticise the guy who served a deconstructed crumble as it wasn't really a crumble... Well that wasn't really a fondant!!

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:40, The Naitch said:

Maybe one day they'll penalise folk for not being on time. Not holding my breath through.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:38, The Naitch said:

Ah yes, Steven Wallis, who managed to win the competition without ever plating up within the time allocated. What on earth is a 'flavour consultant' anyway.

Difficult to take this seriously after spending so much time watching the Australian one. And if you watch the Australian one all the way through, you WILL spend as lot of time watching it. Goes on forever, and it's nails compared to this. The standard in the prologue where the prospective contestants cook something just to qualify for the programme is higher and sees better food served up than I've seen so far from this lot.