Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

I would rather be playing Kilbirnie,Pollok,Beith than Edinburgh City, BSC and Spartans.
Maybe the SFA should look at what is the better product and actually help the Juniors rather than penalise them? Ambitious teams like clydebank my backside.... wanting more money to compete in a mediocre league and Level more like. No thanks.

If you enjoy playing those teams, that’s absolutely fine! No hassles! Stay Junior and all the very best!

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

SPFL/SFA in a nutshell forget grassroots and pander to big 2 of Glasgow. Do it or way or no way.

No complaints from me. Just eyes open. Most teams jumping ship are doing it for the handouts and you can dress it up all you want but its true

It doesn't need dressed up. The same job is on offer from two different companies and one pays more. Which do you choose?

35 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Well newco bankies haven't improved in the juniors infact you could argue they have got worse.

League 2nis for teams who get there in merit. Bankies have not.

The argument for me is that the sfa and sjfa should resolve this ludicrous situation of the LL and Juniors and look for a way to make it compatible. Both sides need to adjust not just the sjfa.

Then after that the lines of clydebank can work their way up the chain on merit

of course you have every right to your opinion but as you're a  pass-remarkable non entity we have every right to disregard it

51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Junior football in a nutshell.

Let's complain about handouts while expecting a handout (The SFA should be coming to us).

Let's complain about all those queue jumpers while not being in the queue (BSC Glasgow,  Edusport, Bonnyton Thistle, Kelty Hearts, Dalkeith Thistle, Clydebank and any other club that has joined or will choose to join a league in the Senior pyramid system).

To be fair, how much money comes into junior fitba?

Not every club can readily make the jump to the seniors, clearly.

52 minutes ago, hague said:

holm park has always belonged to the council.

I`m aware of that. The question was to see wether the ownership of the ground would be changing in any way shape or form which  would appear not to be the case.  It`s not actually a joint venture of any sort then is it? The council are creating a community sports facility that Yoker and Clydebank will be using. Is that a fair description?

of course you have every right to your opinion but as you're a  pass-remarkable non entity we have every right to disregard it

I am aware not all newco bankies have the same values but I know enough about reading comments on here and listening to some at fixtures to know most see the junior as belittling yerselfs.

Already said this before "visions of grandeur" "fur coat no knickers" come to mind

9 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

To be fair, how much money comes into junior fitba?

Not every club can readily make the jump to the seniors, clearly.

You don't need a licence to join either the EoSFL or SoSFL. Every West Region club could apply to join the SoSFL, every East Region club applies to join the EoSFL. Hell, the SJFA can go to the SFA and propose the Superleagues be placed at Tier 6. Instead they're still dithering about what to do and suggesting amongst themselves the same things they were in 2013.

Supposedly we only got the pyramid we have as a way of appeasing UEFA or FIFA. If the SJFA or a number of clubs get rejected then get the SJFA to write to whichever it is, or the Court of Arbritration for Sport. "We represent 160+ member clubs that seek the opportunity to progress through the levels of professional football in Scotland. Only the SFA are operating a closed shop and hoarding all the money"

For years I was slating the Highland League. I wanted Banks O'dee as an SFA Licenced member to apply to join and get the North opened up. Then the Chairman came out this season and said they weren't interested in joining the Highland League just now, they want to focus on developing the club.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You don't need a licence to join either the EoSFL or SoSFL. Every West Region club could apply to join the SoSFL, every East Region club applies to join the EoSFL. Hell, the SJFA can go to the SFA and propose the Superleagues be placed at Tier 6. Instead they're still dithering about what to do and suggesting amongst themselves the same things they were in 2013.

Supposedly we only got the pyramid we have as a way of appeasing UEFA or FIFA. If the SJFA or a number of clubs get rejected then get the SJFA to write to whichever it is, or the Court of Arbritration for Sport. "We represent 160+ member clubs that seek the opportunity to progress through the levels of professional football in Scotland. Only the SFA are operating a closed shop and hoarding all the money"

For years I was slating the Highland League. I wanted Banks O'dee as an SFA Licenced member to apply to join and get the North opened up. Then the Chairman came out this season and said they weren't interested in joining the Highland League just now, they want to focus on developing the club.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

I'd imagine at the moment the vast majority of juniors are more interested in staying alive than making solo moves. 

I am aware not all newco bankies have the same values but I know enough about reading comments on here and listening to some at fixtures to know most see the junior as belittling yerselfs. 
Already said this before "visions of grandeur" "fur coat no knickers" come to mind

Do you mean delusions of grandeur? The only reason I ask is that you earlier mentioned someone bringing mediocre to a league, I initially thought that was perhaps an exotic signing called mediocre but perhaps you meant mediocracy?
You keep saying ‘newco bankies’ as if to compare what Clydebank fans went through is comparable to that of Rangers, which from what i’m aware of is anything but. I may need to bow to a more knowledgeable source (i’m a football historian but my focus is more on ww2 period), but I’m pretty sure I read that Airdrieonians actually gave the name rights etc to the Clydebank owning group a few years back meaning the history etc was theres? I understand you appear to be using this comment in quite a flippant way but all it does with your really badly phrased expressions is make you look like you care an awful lot about Clydebank leaving whilst trying to give an impression that you couldn’t care less?
Don’t get me wrong I’m gutted to see a split happening, living near to Pollok I always took in the Bankies vs Pollok matches when I could. Perhaps this new move will encourage greater co-operation between the SJFA and SFA as any more teams leaving would seriously hurt the SJFA.

1 minute ago, Sunrise said:

I'd imagine at the moment the vast majority of juniors are more interested in staying alive than making solo moves. 

That's what i'm saying though, collectively apply. Right now we're getting the solo moves and clubs that go that route are being slated for it by those with ties to the Junior grade. You don't need a licence to join the EoSFL or SoSFL. Since the likes of Girvan, Craigroyston and Easthouses were all able to move to the Juniors, i'm going to guess any Junior club will likely meet the requirements set out by the EoSFL & SoSFL.

Get everyone to apply and it forces a change or discussion. Its not that hard, the EoSFL even went to the trouble of makng a 2 page application form.

EoSFL.JPG

SoSFL.JPG

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's what i'm saying though, collectively apply. Right now we're getting the solo moves and clubs that go that route are being slated for it by those with ties to the Junior grade. You don't need a licence to join the EoSFL or SoSFL. Since the likes of Girvan, Craigroyston and Easthouses were all able to move to the Juniors, i'm going to guess any Junior club will likely meet the requirements set out by the EoSFL & SoSFL.

Get everyone to apply and it forces a change or discussion. Its not that hard, the EoSFL even went to the trouble of makng a 2 page application form.

EoSFL.JPG

SoSFL.JPG

Largs is quite far from Edinburgh!

I have my own opinions on the pyramid - anyone who knows me know how I feel - and I may be a club official, though I don't deny them. Junior football is slow to change, meaning en-masse moves aren't likely... as it stands, in the brutal weather, the main priority for most sides is staying afloat - the pyramid may be better for this, but junior committees can be awfa conservative... and that's not always a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Harry's Corner said:

Most teams jumping ship are doing it for the handouts and you can dress it up all you want but its true

A 'share' is different to a 'handout'.  Member clubs share the benefits and profits of their Association, which is fair.

At the moment, entry to the Scottish Cup is currently a 'handout' to some Junior clubs, although it seems this is about to be removed.

Clubs will be 'jumping ship' if they think it is sinking.

Do you mean delusions of grandeur? The only reason I ask is that you earlier mentioned someone bringing mediocre to a league, I initially thought that was perhaps an exotic signing called mediocre but perhaps you meant mediocracy?

You keep saying ‘newco bankies’ as if to compare what Clydebank fans went through is comparable to that of Rangers, which from what i’m aware of is anything but. I may need to bow to a more knowledgeable source (i’m a football historian but my focus is more on ww2 period), but I’m pretty sure I read that Airdrieonians actually gave the name rights etc to the Clydebank owning group a few years back meaning the history etc was theres? I understand you appear to be using this comment in quite a flippant way but all it does with your really badly phrased expressions is make you look like you care an awful lot about Clydebank leaving whilst trying to give an impression that you couldn’t care less?

Don’t get me wrong I’m gutted to see a split happening, living near to Pollok I always took in the Bankies vs Pollok matches when I could. Perhaps this new move will encourage greater co-operation between the SJFA and SFA as any more teams leaving would seriously hurt the SJFA.

No I was correct 1st time... visions as that's what you are forecasting and secondly Clydebank are mediocre meaning you won't be playing in mediocrity as you are the mediocre, as you proved in the juniors.

So if the Airdrie/old co Clydebank thing is correct please show me the evidence

Finally I agree with you on the sfa/sjfa as I have already mentioned it. You do waffle on for something you could have said in a few lines.

Archived