Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

My opinion as already stated. I don’t think it would happen should they move to the current pyramid for all the reasons stated over and over. They have got to where they are in the Juniors, have moved on evolved improved over 40 years. But you say they can’t continue that. Spurious argument based on your loyalty to your camp and not on any evidence. 

I have no loyalty to anyone and am a relative newcomer to non league fitba, but it's obvious to anyone taking an interest that the Junior game is done, kaput and has no long term future and it's curious why some fowk have a blind loyalty to it rather than looking beyond the horizon to see what's out there.

You won't continue to evolve if you dinnae move with the times. Talbot should be banging the drum for progress and helping lead the way to a decent league in the West in the pyramid but it awe seems pretty quiet. Just bleating.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could get up and go to work tomorrow, or I could jump off a cliff, both are options, but one isn’t really, is it?  All this thread is doing is further cementing the divide. To make that statement clearly illustrates you have no understanding of why a club like Talbot could never go down that route. 
I think in your haste to defend your point you completely missed mine. I agree that the SoSL on the surface and probably quite deep down isn't a viable, attractive or sensible option for "a club like" Talbot. But in the current climate it's the only route available to the pyramid, so it's an option whether it's one you want to take seriously or not.

Also. I spent a few years on a club committee when the Lowland League was set up. So I have a lot more understanding than you've given me credit for.

12 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Arrogant, pompous, lack of self awareness, call it what you will but you quite clearly have a superiority complex that allows you to believe that repeating this line time after time is acceptable and not, as it in fact is, hugely insulting to a well run club striving to improve on and off the field. You leave little room for doubt, however, that you simply don’t care a jot whether your assertion demeans others or not, only that it continues to aggrandise your own club.

Yep, an impressive lack of self awareness wrapped up with a pretty healthy measure of rudeness it is.

Can you explain what I said that is hugely insulting to a well run club? Tell me where any of my points on this thread demeans any club?

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I think in your haste to defend your point you completely missed mine. I agree that the SoSL on the surface and probably quite deep down isn't a viable, attractive or sensible option for "a club like" Talbot. But in the current climate it's the only route available to the pyramid, so it's an option whether it's one you want to take seriously or not.

Also. I spent a few years on a club committee when the Lowland League was set up. So I have a lot more understanding than you've given me credit for.

You said "Also to say joining the SoSL isn't an option is just false. It might not be your preferred option or even a good or reasonable option, but it is 100% an option, and at the moment, seemingly the only option for an Ayrshire junior club to join the pyramid."

You concede that it's not a good option, once analysed as to a route that would not suite or progress the club it surely then isn't an option, no? 

No.

If all of the clubs are as mediocre as you make out the question has to be why Talbot haven't already moved. They'll sail straight through but you appear to have a massive fear of your club progressing beyond the small pond they are currently in.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Utterly deluded.

This is the umpteenth time I have ask how any of my statements on this thread demean any club, like saying Dalkeith are mediocre which they are, they are not a top club or a bottom club in terms of success, so my definition is fair. All I get now from you and Burnie are platitudes that mean nothing and don't answer the question. It is clear you can't justify your criticism so opt for generalised insults in the form of weak platitudes. I propose that you, and a few others, know that I have an argument, but have been irritated by my posts and will not admit it.

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

No.

If all of the clubs are as mediocre as you make out the question has to be why Talbot haven't already moved. They'll sail straight through but you appear to have a massive fear of your club progressing beyond the small pond they are currently in.

Because my good man, the current LL does not attract, the set up is a mess in my opinion. I have stated many times that a better set out pyramid that provides a vibrant non league would be good. We don't have that so Talbot, and most big west clubs, are at the moment better where they are. Stated many times, I would be happy to see Talbot in a pyramid as I'm sure other clubs would, but not this!  

But the current LL setup clearly does attract, why are so many junior clubs looking to jump ship if it doesn't? I really don't see how Talbot are better where they are, unless winning trophies year after year in a low grade of football is the peak of their ambition they would clearly be far better off in the pyramid.

3 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

This is the umpteenth time I have ask how any of my statements on this thread demean any club, like saying Dalkeith are mediocre which they are, they are not a top club or a bottom club in terms of success, so my definition is fair. All I get now from you and Burnie are platitudes that mean nothing and don't answer the question. It is clear you can't justify your criticism so opt for generalised insults in the form of weak platitudes. I propose that you, and a few others, know that I have an argument, but have been irritated by my posts and will not admit it.

People have pointed out to you on countless occasions where you are wrong, you just ignore it and keep repeating yourself. About 4 or 5 times now you've led with the line about crowds dropping and income falling for a team joining the EOSL even when a fan from that team has given you evidence that you are talking nonsense. You talk to people as if you know everything and refuse to concede anything in debate, as I pointed out much earlier in the thread it's as if you have some sort of God complex and you look down on the people you're debating (language such as this "my dear boy" patter).  It should no surprise if people then start treating you with contempt.

Unless winning trophies year after year in a low grade of football is the peak of their ambition they would clearly be far better off in the pyramid.

I think this is Isa's personal view, which is fair enough - she's not a spokeswoman for Talbot, who've not released any kind of official statement one way or the other. If Talbot or any other club want to be involved in a pyramid, they need to come out of the woodwork and declare it, then they can be involved in moulding it. There's no point in sniping (again, Isa, not the club) from the sidelines about how inadequate it is. Step up, have a say, if it's still not for you, fine, but at least you've been involved in the discussion.

I’m sure this will have been discussed on here but is there any rules over the ability for a club to return if they leave the juniors? If Clydebank decide to move and then, after a year or two, realise it hasn’t worked out for them could they apply to move back or do you think this would just be turned down?

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

People have pointed out to you on countless occasions where you are wrong, you just ignore it and keep repeating yourself. About 4 or 5 times now you've led with the line about crowds dropping and income falling for a team joining the EOSL even when a fan from that team has given you evidence that you are talking nonsense. You talk to people as if you know everything and refuse to concede anything in debate, as I pointed out much earlier in the thread it's as if you have some sort of God complex and you look down on the people you're debating (language such as this "my dear boy" patter).  It should no surprise if people then start treating you with contempt.

Pot Kettle Black. 

What a car crash of a thread

20 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m sure this will have been discussed on here but is there any rules over the ability for a club to return if they leave the juniors? If Clydebank decide to move and then, after a year or two, realise it hasn’t worked out for them could they apply to move back or do you think this would just be turned down?

If that happened they would have to put in an application to rejoin which would be voted on at the AGM by all clubs.

Wouldn't see a problem personally 

Can you explain what I said that is hugely insulting to a well run club? Tell me where any of my points on this thread demeans any club?

I am as sure as I can be that the vast, vast majority of clubs, and/or their supporters, that are described by the supporters of another club as mediocre would find that description demeaning. I’m genuinely astonished that you don’t seem to see this. See the term ‘lack of self awareness’ previously used.

I trust that in the future, should any club or it’s supporters from the SPFL describe Auchinleck as mediocre then you will accept that your club is not being insulted? Good on you.

You said "Also to say joining the SoSL isn't an option is just false. It might not be your preferred option or even a good or reasonable option, but it is 100% an option, and at the moment, seemingly the only option for an Ayrshire junior club to join the pyramid."
You concede that it's not a good option, once analysed as to a route that would not suite or progress the club it surely then isn't an option, no? 
Yes. It is an option. Just not one that suits at this point. Just because an option isn't attractive doesn't mean it's not an option.

Bit there's no point in trying to debate with you on this because as many others have seen, you can't see past your own opinion. You're entitled to yours, other people's opinions are every bit as valid.

Ill only be posting in this thread about clydebank now, since that's the whole point.

7 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I am as sure as I can be that the vast, vast majority of clubs, and/or their supporters, that are described by the supporters of another club as mediocre would find that description demeaning. I’m genuinely astonished that you don’t seem to see this. See the term ‘lack of self awareness’ previously used.

I trust that in the future, should any club or it’s supporters from the SPFL describe Auchinleck as mediocre then you will accept that your club is not being insulted? Good on you.

I would indeed question as to why you would define Talbot as mediocre, given they are the most successful team in Junior Football history, not only would that statement be inaccurate it would be inappropriate and could in that instance be challenged as disrespectful.  Dalkeith are, I'm sure, held in great affection by their fans and their community, very important to them, they have history as an established club. They are however mediocre in terms of success and it is completely appropriate to use such terminology in the context of a debate on them moving to a different grade and what they bring and all that entails. Your self awareness quote is therefore vexatious and an attempt at deflecting the question which you don’t appear able to answer.

"mediocre in terms of success" - again you seem to be fixated on winning things being seen as the be all and end all.

It isn't - football is about progression. Dalkeith may not have won the Junior cup in the last 30 years but come July they are going to be a club with a future progression pathway that is far more attractive than anything Talbot have to look forward too.

4 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Yes. It is an option. Just not one that suits at this point. Just because an option isn't attractive doesn't mean it's not an option.

Bit there's no point in trying to debate with you on this because as many others have seen, you can't see past your own opinion. You're entitled to yours, other people's opinions are every bit as valid.

Ill only be posting in this thread about clydebank now, since that's the whole point.

I have to admit that I am beginning to lose the will to live on this and will sign off the thread  by stating the following. 

We will get nowhere, the astonishing lack of understanding of  West Junior clubs position and the blind views highlighted all too clearly by the preposterous proposition that Kelty and Dalkieth are in the same position joining the EOSL. If you actually think that there is no debate to be had. Not once did anyone come back on my concerns with a constructive response and chose a blanket disregard and to embrace umbrage by proxy at my audacity at suggesting travel, standards and attendances could be an issue. Faux outrage at terminology like mediocre, even though clearly accurate in the context discussed,  with no feasible explanation as to why it was offensive. Platitudes and general disparaging comments about my contribution that actually said nothing and only served as an attempt to save face and appear smart, but never challenging my point or explaining the demeaning allegations.

I therefore wish Bankies, as it is their thread, luck on whatever they choose to do. But I do despair at the realisation that it could have all been so much better and sadly, as this thread proves, never will be.

Archived