combineharvester

Bankies nxt season

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Kelty's crowds have increased and they get more through the gates for run of the mill games than they did in the juniors. That's the facts right now. You can argue it's a novelty factor and attendances will drop, Kelty will argue that as they move up through the leagues crowds will increase, but the facts show that your assumption of lower crowds and income is wide of the mark.

What do I think would happen to Bankies if they stay in the SOSL for all eternity? Well I don't for one second think that will happen, but if it does I don't see why they can't sustain themselves at that level, as I've said before they will likely have a bigger following than most in those leagues - and I don't think travelling to games is as financially crippling as you seem to make out. What's the furthest Bankies will need to travel in the SOSL? Annan? That's about 2 hours in a car/bus, it's hardly going from John O'Groats to Lands End. A good deal with a local bus company would have that covered no problem.

Kelty get about 150, not a huge crowd. You make the point that this will be the biggest support in that league, kind of makes my point. Yes it’s a novelty and should they not move on quickly their crowd could drop to the same as the rest. As for traveling to Threave or there about every other weekend to watch a much lower grade I can’t see enthusiasm being sustained. But you will never accept that it just might go belly up. 

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Also to say joining the SoSL isn't an option is just false. It might not be your preferred option or even a good or reasonable option, but it is 100% an option, and at the moment, seemingly the only option for an Ayrshire junior club to join the pyramid.

I could get up and go to work tomorrow, or I could jump off a cliff, both are options, but one isn’t really, is it?  All this thread is doing is further cementing the divide. To make that statement clearly illustrates you have no understanding of why a club like Talbot could never go down that route. 

If Auchinleck playing in a different league for a spell would be like 'jumping off a cliff' then they're clearly not the behemoths of the non-league game that you often make them out to be. If clubs aren't large and resilient enough to handle playing in a different league then they can stay where they are and the rest of Scottish football will effortlessly move on without them. Nobody is going to be losing sleep about their decision either way. 

Edited by vikingTON

9 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Kelty get about 150, not a huge crowd. You make the point that this will be the biggest support in that league, kind of makes my point. Yes it’s a novelty and should they not move on quickly their crowd could drop to the same as the rest. As for traveling to Threave or there about every other weekend to watch a much lower grade I can’t see enthusiasm being sustained. But you will never accept that it just might go belly up. 

Stop talking pi** our average this season is around 250 and its not a novelty. 

To be honest It looks like Clydebank are likely to be trapped in junior football regardless of the board meeting etc, looks like there have already been enough applications to the EOSL to fill vacancies if our friend from Kelty is to be believed.

I'm sure the EOSL have said they'll set up a second division if the demand is there.

56 minutes ago, kefc said:

Stop talking pi** our average this season is around 250 and its not a novelty. 

Was basing it on the game I was at where that was the amount watching easy to count. it is  a novelty as it is a new scene and adventure. You’ll notice I didn’t respond with vitriol or insults, undignified don’t you think? 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If Auchinleck playing in a different league for a spell would be like 'jumping off a cliff' then they're clearly not the behemoths of the non-league game that you often make them out to be. If clubs aren't large and resilient enough to handle playing in a different league then they can stay where they are and the rest of Scottish football will effortlessly move on without them. Nobody is going to be losing sleep about their decision either way. 

Your indifference to the position of big west Junior clubs only compounds your ignorance to their situation. As I said, the lack of understanding and empathy is stark. My points about the problems with pyramid won’t go away because you have cultivated resentment of Talbot and don’t understand. 

Your indifference to the position of big west Junior clubs only compounds your ignorance to their situation. As I said, the lack of understanding and empathy is stark. My points about the problems with pyramid won’t go away because you have cultivated resentment of Talbot and don’t understand. 

So maybe you can spell it out why Kelty can survive in a lower quality league and even increase crowds and hospitality it seems, yet this would be absolutely impossible for Talbot to do? Why is it that people at Bonnyrigg and Clydebank think they can do likewise?

What is it we don't understand that makes Talbot special and therefore impossible to follow suit?

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

To make that statement clearly illustrates you have no understanding of why a club like Talbot could never go down that route. 

On one of these that's - not necessarily this one - one of your fellow supporters asked the rest of us not to assume that you were representative of the view of the club. And indeed that the club had not set out its views.

But the way you've worded this is absolutely clear. Not "why I think a club like Talbot ..." but "Talbot could never ...".

So, are you setting out the definitive Talbot position? Are those who suggest you're just one punter actually calling it wrong? 

3 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

So maybe you can spell it out why Kelty can survive in a lower quality league and even increase crowds and hospitality it seems, yet this would be absolutely impossible for Talbot to do? Why is it that people at Bonnyrigg and Clydebank think they can do likewise?

What is it we don't understand that makes Talbot special and therefore impossible to follow suit?

Kelty are in the east and it is a better option geographically. Clydebank would crawl through broken glass to get back to their Senior days. Kelty have been in this new adventure five minutes a bit early for assessment. Most big west teams would, IMHO not touch the SOSL. The West Premier is a very good division that many consider would be crazy to leave those who don’t have Bankies yearning for past stature, as they are grabbing at something they hope will take them there. Most west clubs therefore consider it crazy to go down that route. Talbot have thrived but it is highly doubtful this would continue in a substandard league with more costs and less crowd. It is immature to state they aren’t big enough for the change, given what actually is on offer. 

Dont know if anyone’s worked it out because he’s not really said it very clearly but Isabel doesn’t think its a good move for Clydebank. He also thinks Talbot are a big club, again really had to read between the lines to work that one out.

Kelty are in the east and it is a better option geographically. Clydebank would crawl through broken glass to get back to their Senior days. Kelty have been in this new adventure five minutes a bit early for assessment. Most big west teams would, IMHO not touch the SOSL. The West Premier is a very good division that many consider would be crazy to leave those who don’t have Bankies yearning for past stature, as they are grabbing at something they hope will take them there. Most west clubs therefore consider it crazy to go down that route. Talbot have thrived but it is highly doubtful this would continue in a substandard league with more costs and less crowd. It is immature to state they aren’t big enough for the change, given what actually is on offer. 

None of that addresses your assertion why Talbot absolutely could not replicate what Kelty are doing or which the other two may be about to do.

You criticise other posters for not understanding but you can't explain what there is to understand.

11 minutes ago, HTG said:

On one of these that's - not necessarily this one - one of your fellow supporters asked the rest of us not to assume that you were representative of the view of the club. And indeed that the club had not set out its views.

But the way you've worded this is absolutely clear. Not "why I think a club like Talbot ..." but "Talbot could never ...".

So, are you setting out the definitive Talbot position? Are those who suggest you're just one punter actually calling it wrong? 

Yes, I am just a punter, it is my view not Talbot’s. However, I think that over all they more than likely share much of it. It is my view that Talbot joining the SOSL would be disaterous. This is a football forum designed for punters to chat, debate, disagree chew the fat. It rarely gets used to forward official news from clubs. Claims that in some way Talbot would be embarrassed by a punter’s view is clearly ludicrous and stated because they can’t come up with a counter argument to the valid points about the risks involved and the flaws in the system. My points about west clubs have descended into resentment by people who have philosophically invested into what they consider a pyramid. The refuse to accept that st least to some degree I have some valid points, so chose to insult or discredit instead of debate. 

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes, I am just a punter, it is my view not Talbot’s. However, I think that over all they more than likely share much of it. It is my view that Talbot joining the SOSL would be disaterous. This is a football forum designed for punters to chat, debate, disagree chew the fat. It rarely gets used to forward official news from clubs. Claims that in some way Talbot would be embarrassed by a punter’s view is clearly ludicrous and stated because they can’t come up with a counter argument to the valid points about the risks involved and the flaws in the system. My points about west clubs have descended into resentment by people who have philosophically invested into what they consider a pyramid. The refuse to accept that st least to some degree I have some valid points, so chose to insult or discredit instead of debate

:lol::rolleyes:  Isa, sometimes you might want to read back what you've written.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

None of that addresses your assertion why Talbot absolutely could not replicate what Kelty are doing or which the other two may be about to do.

You criticise other posters for not understanding but you can't explain what there is to understand.

Because you refuse to concede anything, even the geography! Somehow because Bankies are willing to travel 160 miles every second week suddenly makes it feasible for all west clubs . Why can’t you just accept that Kelty Dalkeith etc are not in the same position ascwest clubs? At least from a travel point of view. Also, EOSL is a better standard, do you concede that? It is different. There are none so blind! 

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

:lol::rolleyes:  Isa, sometimes you might want to read back what you've written.

You didn’t, your response was weak. Tell me why Talbot should worry about my musings?  You never answered that. 

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

You didn’t, your response was weak. Tell me why Talbot should worry about my musings?  You never answered that. 

You're very vocal about Talbot, and some of your mutterings are very pompous and disrespectful towards fellow Junior clubs.  You're self-awareness seems a little lacking. As HTG alludes to, it's a little blurred whether you're "just a punter" or maybe more.

Anyway apologies to Hamish as I'm diverting you from responding to his very valid question I'm sure a few people would like to understand.

5 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Because you refuse to concede anything, even the geography! Somehow because Bankies are willing to travel 160 miles every second week suddenly makes it feasible for all west clubs . Why can’t you just accept that Kelty Dalkeith etc are not in the same position ascwest clubs? At least from a travel point of view. Also, EOSL is a better standard, do you concede that? It is different. There are none so blind! 

Thats right up there with £100,000 toilets

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're very vocal about Talbot, and some of your mutterings are very pompous and disrespectful towards fellow Junior clubs.  You're self-awareness seems a little lacking. As HTG alludes to, it's a little blurred whether you're "just a punter" or maybe more.

Anyway apologies to Hamish as I'm diverting you from responding to his very valid question I'm sure a few people would like to understand.

I asked you what was disrespectful about saying Dalkeith were mediocre, which was one of your claims, we’ll?