Jump to content
combineharvester

Bankies nxt season

Recommended Posts

Offt, good luck, I’ll follow with interest but seems a gamble all things considered.  Go big or go home I guess! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

With no disrespect intended to Clydebank.

This is all that's wrong with Scottish football - a team struggling within their existing league and ground sharing jumping ship without meeting the proper criteria.

Surely teams should meet basic requirements before being allowed to make this step.
 

This thread was started speculating where Clydebank might play next year to install an artificial pitch. I'm not sure on the ins and outs of the agreement between Yoker & Clydebank but they're obviously heavily invested in Holm Park and it is their permanent home.

And by being accepted in to whatever Senior league they join they will have met the proper criteria by default. The two go hand in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have never settled in the juniors. No ground, No major trophies won or a proven record. Mediocre at best.
They are a new club (not the old club as Airdrie hold the old Bankies rights) Their Fans have always been aloof to other juniors fans. I won't miss them. Close the door on the way out. Ta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving up Grades should be success based and hopefully the current pyramid talks will allow this to happen for clubs but Clydebank in their spell back in the Juniors haven't won any of the big 3 trophies and haven't even consolidated a place in the Super League Premier. They don't have their own ground and even their shared ground looks like being unavailable for a period. Looks like running before walking.

Best of luck to them if they do go soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

They have never settled in the juniors. No ground, No major trophies won or a proven record. Mediocre at best.
They are a new club (not the old club as Airdrie hold the old Bankies rights) Their Fans have always been aloof to other juniors fans. I won't miss them. Close the door on the way out. Ta

 

Were junior cup finalists five years after reforming tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With no disrespect intended to Clydebank.

This is all that's wrong with Scottish football - a team struggling within their existing league and ground sharing jumping ship without meeting the proper criteria.

Surely teams should meet basic requirements before being allowed to make this step.




All that’s wrong with Scottish football?!

An ex senior team trying to get into a senior pyramid is ALL that is wrong with Scottish football.

I for one won’t be back to Holm Park as I hadn’t realised I was funding all that is wrong with Scottish football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Gretna got to a Scottish cup final. We'll just leave it at there then?emoji16.png

Not exactly a fair comparison though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said my issue is teams moving to a perceived higher level through choice rather than qualification etc.

Teams are taking control of something that should be led by SFA and as such it's not about the football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

As I said my issue is teams moving to a perceived higher level through choice rather than qualification etc.

Teams are taking control of something that should be led by SFA and as such it's not about the football

That is fair comment and I don't think many people - including Clydebank fans - disagree with the idea of progression being earned.

However, when there is no other route to the perceived higher level then what are you supposed to do?  Just accept your lot? Clydebank could win the Super Premier League ten years in a row and it would matter not a jot. There is no progression.

The prospect of a more joined up set up does not look likely any time soon. I agree that the SFA should be doing more to make a proper pyramid a reality.  However, the resistance that there appears to be within the SJFA and amongst a number of the clubs, means that any meaningful change could still be years away.

I fully support the decision for Clydebank to attempt to rejoin the senior set up. I feel after a good decade in the Juniors, the Bankies have stagnated in recent years, maybe even gone backwards. I believe this move will reinvigorate the club with a new purpose, and the only possibility of any growth lies in the seniors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an interesting development, especially as Clydebank match secretary Matt Bamford is currently the President of the West Region of the SJFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's an interesting development, especially as Clydebank match secretary Matt Bamford is currently the President of the West Region of the SJFA.

I’d assume thats not really that much of an issue for any party involved really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of people on here with very limited knowledge but plenty to say. 

 

What does make sense is a west league with promotion to the lowland league. But when is that going to happen. Well done to the club for being pro active. We have a new ground on the way and a really exciting youth academy which now has teams at ams, 19s, 17s, 14s, 13s, 12s, 11s, 10s, 9s, 8s and a girls team. 

 

The club had stagnated, the current team may not be doing that well but the potential is there to grow. This could be a great opportunity for the club within the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BTID said:

Lot of people on here with very limited knowledge but plenty to say. 

 

What does make sense is a west league with promotion to the lowland league. But when is that going to happen. Well done to the club for being pro active. We have a new ground on the way and a really exciting youth academy which now has teams at ams, 19s, 17s, 14s, 13s, 12s, 11s, 10s, 9s, 8s and a girls team. 

 

The club had stagnated, the current team may not be doing that well but the potential is there to grow. This could be a great opportunity for the club within the town.

Where is the new ground on the way from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BTID said:

Holm park is being redeveloped this summer 

What`s the extent of the re-development

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire the ambition that Clydebank seem to have. What I would say is that old saying about the chicken and the egg! Surely they should have their new ground in place before moving. There is obvious potential for a clash of interests for whoever they share with, especially if it is a Junior club due to the fixtures list or lack of it.

If they had a club to share with in the same league this would be easier to manage.

Lets wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
21 minutes ago, bankiestu said:

That is fair comment and I don't think many people - including Clydebank fans - disagree with the idea of progression being earned.

However, when there is no other route to the perceived higher level then what are you supposed to do?  Just accept your lot? Clydebank could win the Super Premier League ten years in a row and it would matter not a jot. There is no progression.

The prospect of a more joined up set up does not look likely any time soon. I agree that the SFA should be doing more to make a proper pyramid a reality.  However, the resistance that there appears to be within the SJFA and amongst a number of the clubs, means that any meaningful change could still be years away.

I fully support the decision for Clydebank to attempt to rejoin the senior set up. I feel after a good decade in the Juniors, the Bankies have stagnated in recent years, maybe even gone backwards. I believe this move will reinvigorate the club with a new purpose, and the only possibility of any growth lies in the seniors.

"Growth lies in the seniors"jeez where do you start? The fact that the seniors in this instance is of a standard slightly higher than Sunday morning football, but this in our strange wee country is regarded as a senior grade. The fact that Bankies will win most of their games, the reality is that despite the senior title they will be stepping down a considerable amount in level, so what if they start winning? Travel expenses will be increased to go to games with no attendance worth quoting, home games with no away support. But, I hear the counter, one season and in the LL, great and then what? It is no surprise that Clydebank are looking in this direction, they have hankered for a return to their perceived rightful place ever since they jioned the Juniors. But like Dalkieth they are mediocre, and yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS. Clydebank were born again and welcomed into Junior football, but never maintained any heights and now want to take another route. Like finding the going on the motorway too busy and diverting to an inferior road in the hope it will be quicker. We all know how that usually turns out. Good luck Clydebank , I think you'll need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, edinabear said:

Looks like a west feeder into LL will be formed for next season then.

Based on what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×