Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Heard strong rumours at new western park on sat That Clydebank asked renfrew to ground share with them for nxt season? Any bankie fans herd much about this ?

Work is expected to start at some point soon on Holm Park with a synthetic pitch being put in, amongst other things. We'll need to play elsewhere whilst that is happening(As will Yoker). Renfrew is relatively close and easy to get to and is a similar surface to what will go in at Holm Park. Would make sense if we have approached them.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Work is expected to start at some point soon on Holm Park with a synthetic pitch being put in, amongst other things. We'll need to play elsewhere whilst that is happening(As will Yoker). Renfrew is relatively close and easy to get to and is a similar surface to what will go in at Holm Park. Would make sense if we have approached them.

Ross is in Switzerland and knows more about Clydebank's ground arrangements than a guy living on Montrose Street...

Heard strong rumours at new western park on sat That Clydebank asked renfrew to ground share with them for nxt season? Any bankie fans herd much about this ?

My mate takes one of the Renfrew teams and my understanding is the park is too heavily used for this to work. It’d have been a sensible move for Clydebank but I don’t see it working out.

My mate takes one of the Renfrew teams and my understanding is the park is too heavily used for this to work. It’d have been a sensible move for Clydebank but I don’t see it working out.

Aye suspect so. Renfrew catering and bar could have made a pretty penny out of the Bankies fans on match days tho!

8 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Aye suspect so. Renfrew catering and bar could have made a pretty penny out of the Bankies fans on match days tho!

The pub crawl on the way there from the ferry they might be surprised by how few of us make it after the first few home games!

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

Have Yoker made similar plans to share elsewhere if work is getting done to the park?

8 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

Have Yoker made similar plans to share elsewhere if work is getting done to the park?

I’m not 100% sure that a fixed timetable is in place for the work being carried out yet but if it goes ahead as expected then they will have to. Whether or not they have asked about yet I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Couldn’t get back on their website after an initial click, but do recall it saying their ‘yes’ vote won.

Cheers. Managed to get on to it there. They're now going to look at the different options before having another meeting in the "near future". Will be interesting to see if they make the move this season, and obviously where they wind up after the talk of joining the EoSFL.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My money is on the EOSFL and next season.

Seems the safest bet. Especially getting this done now in prep for the March 31st deadline. That prospectus that kefc noted about the EoSFL looking to get more promotion places to the Lowland League seems to show an acceptance of bodyswerving the SoSFL.

With no disrespect intended to Clydebank.

This is all that's wrong with Scottish football - a team struggling within their existing league and ground sharing jumping ship without meeting the proper criteria.

Surely teams should meet basic requirements before being allowed to make this step.

This is all that's wrong with Scottish football - a team struggling within their existing league and ground sharing jumping ship without meeting the proper criteria.

Surely teams should meet basic requirements before being allowed to make this step.

I don’t see the problem with them moving to a senior league and the groundshare seems to be a permanent thing so why not?
Your point about struggling this year in the league seems fair, I’ve only seen the sectional cup final so can’t really judge them, but its a different game in the seniors so maybe it’ll suit them?
I’d rather not see the juniors move altogether into the pyramid so no harm letting clubs which want to leave go with no harm done to the junior grade.

8 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

They meet all the criteria for tier 6.

Archived