Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

Your indifference to the position of big west Junior clubs only compounds your ignorance to their situation. As I said, the lack of understanding and empathy is stark. My points about the problems with pyramid won’t go away because you have cultivated resentment of Talbot and don’t understand. 

So maybe you can spell it out why Kelty can survive in a lower quality league and even increase crowds and hospitality it seems, yet this would be absolutely impossible for Talbot to do? Why is it that people at Bonnyrigg and Clydebank think they can do likewise?

What is it we don't understand that makes Talbot special and therefore impossible to follow suit?

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

To make that statement clearly illustrates you have no understanding of why a club like Talbot could never go down that route. 

On one of these that's - not necessarily this one - one of your fellow supporters asked the rest of us not to assume that you were representative of the view of the club. And indeed that the club had not set out its views.

But the way you've worded this is absolutely clear. Not "why I think a club like Talbot ..." but "Talbot could never ...".

So, are you setting out the definitive Talbot position? Are those who suggest you're just one punter actually calling it wrong? 

3 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

So maybe you can spell it out why Kelty can survive in a lower quality league and even increase crowds and hospitality it seems, yet this would be absolutely impossible for Talbot to do? Why is it that people at Bonnyrigg and Clydebank think they can do likewise?

What is it we don't understand that makes Talbot special and therefore impossible to follow suit?

Kelty are in the east and it is a better option geographically. Clydebank would crawl through broken glass to get back to their Senior days. Kelty have been in this new adventure five minutes a bit early for assessment. Most big west teams would, IMHO not touch the SOSL. The West Premier is a very good division that many consider would be crazy to leave those who don’t have Bankies yearning for past stature, as they are grabbing at something they hope will take them there. Most west clubs therefore consider it crazy to go down that route. Talbot have thrived but it is highly doubtful this would continue in a substandard league with more costs and less crowd. It is immature to state they aren’t big enough for the change, given what actually is on offer. 

Kelty are in the east and it is a better option geographically. Clydebank would crawl through broken glass to get back to their Senior days. Kelty have been in this new adventure five minutes a bit early for assessment. Most big west teams would, IMHO not touch the SOSL. The West Premier is a very good division that many consider would be crazy to leave those who don’t have Bankies yearning for past stature, as they are grabbing at something they hope will take them there. Most west clubs therefore consider it crazy to go down that route. Talbot have thrived but it is highly doubtful this would continue in a substandard league with more costs and less crowd. It is immature to state they aren’t big enough for the change, given what actually is on offer. 

None of that addresses your assertion why Talbot absolutely could not replicate what Kelty are doing or which the other two may be about to do.

You criticise other posters for not understanding but you can't explain what there is to understand.

11 minutes ago, HTG said:

On one of these that's - not necessarily this one - one of your fellow supporters asked the rest of us not to assume that you were representative of the view of the club. And indeed that the club had not set out its views.

But the way you've worded this is absolutely clear. Not "why I think a club like Talbot ..." but "Talbot could never ...".

So, are you setting out the definitive Talbot position? Are those who suggest you're just one punter actually calling it wrong? 

Yes, I am just a punter, it is my view not Talbot’s. However, I think that over all they more than likely share much of it. It is my view that Talbot joining the SOSL would be disaterous. This is a football forum designed for punters to chat, debate, disagree chew the fat. It rarely gets used to forward official news from clubs. Claims that in some way Talbot would be embarrassed by a punter’s view is clearly ludicrous and stated because they can’t come up with a counter argument to the valid points about the risks involved and the flaws in the system. My points about west clubs have descended into resentment by people who have philosophically invested into what they consider a pyramid. The refuse to accept that st least to some degree I have some valid points, so chose to insult or discredit instead of debate. 

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes, I am just a punter, it is my view not Talbot’s. However, I think that over all they more than likely share much of it. It is my view that Talbot joining the SOSL would be disaterous. This is a football forum designed for punters to chat, debate, disagree chew the fat. It rarely gets used to forward official news from clubs. Claims that in some way Talbot would be embarrassed by a punter’s view is clearly ludicrous and stated because they can’t come up with a counter argument to the valid points about the risks involved and the flaws in the system. My points about west clubs have descended into resentment by people who have philosophically invested into what they consider a pyramid. The refuse to accept that st least to some degree I have some valid points, so chose to insult or discredit instead of debate

:lol::rolleyes:  Isa, sometimes you might want to read back what you've written.

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

None of that addresses your assertion why Talbot absolutely could not replicate what Kelty are doing or which the other two may be about to do.

You criticise other posters for not understanding but you can't explain what there is to understand.

Because you refuse to concede anything, even the geography! Somehow because Bankies are willing to travel 160 miles every second week suddenly makes it feasible for all west clubs . Why can’t you just accept that Kelty Dalkeith etc are not in the same position ascwest clubs? At least from a travel point of view. Also, EOSL is a better standard, do you concede that? It is different. There are none so blind! 

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

:lol::rolleyes:  Isa, sometimes you might want to read back what you've written.

You didn’t, your response was weak. Tell me why Talbot should worry about my musings?  You never answered that. 

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

You didn’t, your response was weak. Tell me why Talbot should worry about my musings?  You never answered that. 

You're very vocal about Talbot, and some of your mutterings are very pompous and disrespectful towards fellow Junior clubs.  You're self-awareness seems a little lacking. As HTG alludes to, it's a little blurred whether you're "just a punter" or maybe more.

Anyway apologies to Hamish as I'm diverting you from responding to his very valid question I'm sure a few people would like to understand.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're very vocal about Talbot, and some of your mutterings are very pompous and disrespectful towards fellow Junior clubs.  You're self-awareness seems a little lacking. As HTG alludes to, it's a little blurred whether you're "just a punter" or maybe more.

Anyway apologies to Hamish as I'm diverting you from responding to his very valid question I'm sure a few people would like to understand.

I asked you what was disrespectful about saying Dalkeith were mediocre, which was one of your claims, we’ll? 

Because you refuse to concede anything, even the geography! Somehow because Bankies are willing to travel 160 miles every second week suddenly makes it feasible for all west clubs . Why can’t you just accept that Kelty Dalkeith etc are not in the same position ascwest clubs? At least from a travel point of view. Also, EOSL is a better standard, do you concede that? It is different. There are none so blind! 

So why couldn't such a large and well run club such as Talbot survive a season in the South league? Every man and his dug kens you'd walk the league and get into the Lowland which is increasing its promotion spots. 160 miles?

Could it be you don't want yer club anywhere near the Lowland anyway you want to be the big fish in the small pond and bleat from the sidelines about Lithgae having a licence but you cannae.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Thats right up there with £100,000 toilets

Clydebank to Kirkcudbright is 109 miles, your point is? 

Just now, Goalie Hamish said:

So why couldn't such a large and well run club such as Talbot survive a season in the South league? Every man and his dug kens you'd walk the league and get into the Lowland which is increasing its promotion spots. 160 miles?

Could it be you don't want yer club anywhere near the Lowland anyway you want to be the bug fish in the small pond and bleat from the sidelines.

Because they want to remain a big club. 

Just now, Goalie Hamish said:

That won't happen staying in the Juniors. Is that the official position by the way?

My opinion as already stated. I don’t think it would happen should they move to the current pyramid for all the reasons stated over and over. They have got to where they are in the Juniors, have moved on evolved improved over 40 years. But you say they can’t continue that. Spurious argument based on your loyalty to your camp and not on any evidence. 

Are they not mediocre? 

Arrogant, pompous, lack of self awareness, call it what you will but you quite clearly have a superiority complex that allows you to believe that repeating this line time after time is acceptable and not, as it in fact is, hugely insulting to a well run club striving to improve on and off the field. You leave little room for doubt, however, that you simply don’t care a jot whether your assertion demeans others or not, only that it continues to aggrandise your own club.

Yep, an impressive lack of self awareness wrapped up with a pretty healthy measure of rudeness it is.

Archived