Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

3 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Wooft, a thinly veiled swipe there my man. Lot of water to run under the bridge and hard work before Bankies get anything. As for Talbot they adopted a policy of making their ground modern long before the licence criteria. You seem pretty sure of the future, Crystal ball perhaps? One thing for sure, Talbot won't need to worry about their ground not being up to it as it surpasses licence criteria by some distance.

Well I decided to state the obvious given your (once again) not so thinly veiled gloating to have a dig at another club.  You do your club no credit whatsoever.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Footylife95 said:

Still wasn't the full squad though? Wasn't 9 either.

Yes, let's drop the Talbot chat. As you said it's a thread for a team worth mentioning.

Happy, explain how I'm all over the place hen? I don't care, but if there's a link provided it's worth a click as it's relevant to the discussion. I'll shut the door on my way out when I'm confident that you can string a sentence together properly, I understand it's difficult with the extra finger but give it your best shot next time champ!

Anyway this is a bankies thread, stop trolling.

Yes lets drop it. Hearts used 8 Under 21's in the Scottish Cup final. To think Hibs were humiliated 5-1, what would it have been if the Hearts had played some first team players?

6 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Wooft, a thinly veiled swipe there my man. Lot of water to run under the bridge and hard work before Bankies get anything. As for Talbot they adopted a policy of making their ground modern long before the licence criteria. You seem pretty sure of the future, Crystal ball perhaps? One thing for sure, Talbot won't need to worry about their ground not being up to it as it surpasses licence criteria by some distance.

Why don't you guys have a licence then. Seems strange not to have one when your ground is up to scratch. 

11 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

Most of the work was done before we knew about a license, however our good work was rewarded with the offer to join the prolific SOSL.

I don't think there was an actual formal offer made, but Talbot would clearly have been accepted into the LL at startup. At that time no-one was suggesting they'd have to go through the SoSL. Of course, at that time (and it still does, TBF), the LL had some  weak teams and few fans, which made the idea laughable to Talbot fans.

6 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Why don't you guys have a licence then. Seems strange not to have one when your ground is up to scratch. 

This is the problem in this debate as you are joining it and not informed. The reason Talbot don't have has caused much consternation, one of the reasons I am so verbal about the whole pyramid set up. Three Junior teams have licences, Talbot moved to apply and were informed that they would have to join the SOSL, which is not an option for a whole raft of reasons and to be franl a preposterous situation. .

The realistic among us would assume that Talbot would walk straight through the SOSL in one season. Its not really a viable excuse reason as to why Talbot don't have a licence, as Kelty have made clear with the correct marketing it shouldn't have any notable impact on the club to be playing at that level. It appears from the outside that the club and the fans are happy to stagnate rather than seeking to grow the club and its potential through the challenge of promotion and relegation.

13 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Well I decided to state the obvious given your (once again) not so thinly veiled gloating to have a dig at another club.  You do your club no credit whatsoever.

Can you explain why you consider the post gloating? The poster was making a point based on assumption that Bankies would soon have a better set up than Talbot. I simply pointed out what Talbot had added to their set up recently which was already good due to previous 20 years of investment,  also pointing out that this was on going. I only stated that Bankies had a bit to go before any such claims could be made. I was not offensive or vitriolic, I did not say they wouldn't achieve it either.

You say you state the obvious yet, like the poster I responded to, it is based on prediction and conjecture so not obvious. Any points I have made in this thread are relevant, fair comment and open for debate. Pointing out virtues in my own club in this context is not gloating, it is fact and evidence backing an argument, equally challenging Bankies move and the thinking behind it is not having a dig.  

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Can you explain why you consider the post gloating? The poster was making a point based on assumption that Bankies would soon have a better set up than Talbot. I simply pointed out what Talbot had added to their set up recently which was already good due to previous 20 years of investment,  also pointing out that this was on going. I only stated that Bankies had a bit to go before any such claims could be made. I was not offensive or vitriolic, I did not say they wouldn't achieve it either.

You say you state the obvious yet, like the poster I responded to, it is based on prediction and conjecture so not obvious. Any points I have made in this thread are relevant, fair comment and open for debate. Pointing out virtues in my own club in this context is not gloating, it is fact and evidence backing an argument, equally challenging Bankies move and the thinking behind it is not having a dig.  

People have seen through you and your posts Isa, you're continually having sly digs at clubs who want to move to the Pyramid.   Talbot are a good club, well run, they're bound to be a little embarrassed at your "contributions" on here.  I'd wind it back a little.

9 minutes ago, Jason King said:

The realistic among us would assume that Talbot would walk straight through the SOSL in one season. Its not really a viable excuse reason as to why Talbot don't have a licence, as Kelty have made clear with the correct marketing it shouldn't have any notable impact on the club to be playing at that level. It appears from the outside that the club and the fans are happy to stagnate rather than seeking to grow the club and its potential through the challenge of promotion and relegation.

It has been pointed out numerous time why this isn't an option, the language you use "stagnate" for example is so off the mark and derogatory. It just goes round in circles because you don't accept the position big west clubs are in, no empathy and a complete lack of understanding.

12 minutes ago, Jason King said:

They would.  Personally I'd like to see them push for a proper WoS League alongside the EoS and SoS (maybe they are?) and taking clubs along with them into the Pyramid. They are an influential club in the West Region.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

People have seen through you and your posts Isa, you're continually having sly digs at clubs who want to move to the Pyramid.   Talbot are a good club, well run, they're bound to be a little embarrassed at your "contributions" on here.  I'd wind it back a little.

There you go again, not only do you claim to see into the future but you can read minds. You read my posts with a preconceived bias, most of what I say is fair game. I don't represent Talbot, only myself and I don't like the pyramid set up and say that and why.

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

There you go again, not only do you claim to see into the future but you can read minds. You read my posts with a preconceived bias, most of what I say is fair game. I don't represent Talbot, only myself and I don't like the pyramid set up and say that and why.

It's fairly obvious, from calling Dalkeith "mediocre" to questioning Clydebank's success and commitment in the Juniors, you even questioned whether Kelty could be considered a big club when they left. So no mind reading required, I only read what your write on here.   I'm sure other clubs will get the same treatment once they declare their intentions. It does you and Talbot no credit.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

It's fairly obvious, from calling Dalkeith "mediocre" to questioning Clydebank's success and commitment in the Juniors, you even questioned whether Kelty could be considered a big club when they left. So no mind reading required, I only read what your write on here.   I'm sure other clubs will get the same treatment once they declare their intentions. It does you and Talbot no credit.

This is exactly my point. If Dalkeith are not mediocre what are they? I suggest that assessment was accurate. I asked why people were suggesting that it was somehow the Junior grade that was holding back Bankies  saying I think it a flawed concept. Again fair comment and open to debate. I mentioned that not having had great success in the juniors and opting for a different route could attract some criticism, stating they can hardly be surprised, fair comment and open to debate. Your claims do not stand up to scrutiny. How on earth does my musings do Talbot no credit?

18 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I didn't read your posts with any preconceived bias and I think you are beyond pompous.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I didn't read your posts with any preconceived bias and I think you are beyond pompous.

Never said you did and you are entitled to your opinion, doesn't mean I am wrong!

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

See I’d have been inclined to agree with you pal, if it wasn’t for the above petty effort.

It’s entirely accurate and not petty, as things stand Clydebank’s ground will be Licenced before Talbot’s which is a pity given how good it is. Agree?

Away for a wee bit but I see Isa is still spouting arrogant and pompous pish.   Aye Beechwood is a very decent ground and so will Holm Park be a decent ground and if the Bankies go down the Pyramid path then Holm Park will be licenced long before Beechwood.  So when Isa pompously crows about splashing cash on their ground he needs to remember that it wont get you in the big Scottish where the money is to help pay for it!

Anyway back to the point, when is the Bankies meeting and what is the feeling for what will happen.  EoS or SoS next season?

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

This is the problem in this debate as you are joining it and not informed. The reason Talbot don't have has caused much consternation, one of the reasons I am so verbal about the whole pyramid set up. Three Junior teams have licences, Talbot moved to apply and were informed that they would have to join the SOSL, which is not an option for a whole raft of reasons and to be franl a preposterous situation. .

I agree, I don't know anything about the Juniors really. I have had to Google about half the teams, because I wanted to find out more and help form my opinions that I bring to this forum, along with everyone else. 

The thing I don't get about the Juniors grade, and I point to your own club in particular as it is a large successful club, is Don't you want to see your club reach the top of their potential. Don't you want to see your club maybe one day in the premiership trying to be champions of the country  and representing the country in Europe. Battling against the established big teams. I'm not saying this will happen, but isn't that the dream and the reason for a football club. To try and be the best in the land. It's unlikely of course it is but that is the eternal struggle for every club in the country to be the best. If I have learned anything of the junior grade is that you can be the best of your grade, but it's not really recognised by everyone. Win a pyramid league it is recognised. 

I don't want to come across ignorant to fans of the juniors. I just want to see your clubs come across and battle it out with the rest of us. 

Archived