Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I read on twitter that Clydebank have a youth structure with over 200 kids a week at ages 7-20 playing for Clydebank and a girls team and connections with a disability futsal team. Included in that number is last seasons u19 scottish cup winners How many kids/youth teams do Talbot have out of interest? Is their youth ‘infrastructure’ superior to that?
Granted Auchinleck have a tidy junior ground, its really impressive, Clydebank also appear to have a good solution in place for Holm Park, i’ve been told it’ll be a 4g park with modern changing facilities, floodlights and two enclosures on each side (double the size of the existing one, giving cover for over 1000), if all that has been budgeted for and i’ve been told this by someone involved in the project then the future is very bright for both Yoker and Clydebank surely?
Add to that that Clydebank will be able to apply for serious amounts of funding for stadium upgrades as an EOSL/SFA club then they could develop a ground which is actually superior to that of Talbot.
Interesting times await as we approach a crossroads for the future of the lower league game in Scotland.

Clydebank don`t own Holm Park. The current commitment from EDC (made 2 years ago) to develop a community sports hub that Yoker and Clydebank can use  hasn`t even made it onto the drawing board yet far less into planning. As an EOSL club Clydebank would only be eligible to apply for £10k from the SFP for infrastructure improvements, that`s hardly serious money

Clydebank don`t own Holm Park. The current commitment from EDC (made 2 years ago) to develop a community sports hub that Yoker and Clydebank can use  hasn`t even made it onto the drawing board yet far less into planning. As an EOSL club Clydebank would only be eligible to apply for £10k from the SFP for infrastructure improvements, that`s hardly serious money

Rising to £20k upon entry to Lowland League. Both to a maximum of 50% of cost. Juniors are limited to £5k.

The EoS also make £3k available to member clubs for ground improvements. The SJFA make £0 available.

Don’t you mean WDC? Or are you as clued up as ever?

35 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

It isn’t a sports hub either but don’t let facts get in the way of your drivel.

I’ll keep you right...

https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/council/newsroom/news-and-press-releases/2016/september/council-approves-plans-for-new-community-sports-stadium-in-clydebank/

59 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh you’ve not really been reading this thread have you?
Let me summarise the main point,
Clydebank and Yoker are jointly redeveloping Holm Park, a permanent ground for both their teams.

Still looks the same the last time I saw it. Will it belong to the clubs or will it be a council type of thingy.

41 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Don’t you mean WDC? Or are you as clued up as ever?

I know it`s hard but take a day off from being a complete banger. E and W are right next to each other on the keyboard and given that the point still stands your post is inane even by your low standards....

4 hours ago, Footylife95 said:

You say you don't have a gripe with Clydebank, yet you subtly undermine the club in every post, implying that Auchinleck are in some way superior to them and indeed any other junior club mentioned.

They're a big fish in a wee pond. Accept it, move on.

Best route for them to be taking IMO.

Big fish in a wee pond as you say.Thats correct because there is nowhere to go.If the pirimid league had been set up properly and included the highly populated west of Scotland we probably wouldn't be having this debate and Talbot and some other big fish could already be jumping up the ladder.

Oh aye the s.f.a allowed us to dip our toes in the deep blue at Tyncastle and "We can't have Auchinleck equalizing with 5 to go against Hearts we'll be a laughing stock"  sinario.

In a recent poll of Talbot fans 66% say the would like to see Talbot in a West of Scotland league within the pirimid structure.

Oh a wish I was a fisherman,tumblin on the sea.    :)

5 minutes ago, Footylife95 said:

Can't have Auchinleck equalising with 5 to go? It was offside mate, face it.

In the eyes of the official, but not on TV evidence and the punters in the studio. Still a great day and another notch in the history of Auchinleck Talbot.

Big fish in a wee pond as you say.Thats correct because there is nowhere to go.If the pirimid league had been set up properly and included the highly populated west of Scotland we probably wouldn't be having this debate and Talbot and some other big fish could already be jumping up the ladder.
Oh aye the s.f.a allowed us to dip our toes in the deep blue at Tyncastle and "We can't have Auchinleck equalizing with 5 to go against Hearts we'll be a laughing stock"  sinario.
In a recent poll of Talbot fans 66% say the would like to see Talbot in a West of Scotland league within the pirimid structure.
Oh a wish I was a fisherman,tumblin on the sea.    [emoji4]

Pity Talbot didn't push for it to be set-up properly when allowing TJ&Co to pursue an anti-Pyramid agenda 5 years ago.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Pity Talbot didn't push for it to be set-up properly when allowing TJ&Co to pursue an anti-Pyramid agenda 5 years ago.

Your correct,it's all Talbots fault.There is more than one team in the West.Also,could you tell me move many east coast teams pushed for it 5 years ago?

6 minutes ago, happy said:

Your correct,it's all Talbots fault.There is more than one team in the West.Also,could you tell me move many east coast teams pushed for it 5 years ago?

Nobody pushed for it, so don't complain when the current set-up doesn't cater to your requirements.

9 minutes ago, Footylife95 said:

training session for the hearts u21's emoji23.png

From the Daily Record:

Sergio was relieved at time-up and showed his respect and admiration for the Junior side when he waited to shake the hands of their players and management.

The home fans also applauded the extraordinary efforts of their opponents.

Talbot lost but they were the real heroes of this memorable clash. 

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Nobody pushed for it, so don't complain when the current set-up doesn't cater to your requirements.

If your meaning the s.j.f.a. Well,are they catering to anybody's requirements?

3 minutes ago, happy said:

If your meaning the s.j.f.a. Well,are they catering to anybody's requirements?

If the member clubs demand it then yes they should do.  I guess 5 years ago nobody demanded it, so we are where we are now.  At least the clubs in the East have an alternative.

5 hours ago, Footylife95 said:

Fair enough.. although they only started the juniors in 2003, since then they've won a good few sectional league cups, made their way from the bottom to the top, reached the scottish junior cup final, reached the semis twice the quarters a good few times all whilst attracting a crowd larger than most.. Very decent considering their circumstances. Auchinleck fans have a major superiority complex.

Not denying that, it wasn't me who said they were lost in the grade either.

Archived