Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:41, cmontheloknow said:

Just on the whole 'professional', 'semi-professional' thing, the Scottish FA recognises players in the following categories:

Professional: Someone that is paid to play football. There is no further division into whether this is £1 a week or £1000 a week,  if you receive money to play football, you are a professional (the SFA defines this as 'renumeration or consideration of any sort'). This form can be used by all Registered/Full Members of the SFA, from Aberdeen to Aberdeen East End, Wishaw to Whitehill Welfare.

Non-contract Professional: A player of Professional status that is not paid to play. You cannot sign an amateur form with Professional status, so this exists for those players. Expenses only. This form is not permitted to be used by clubs in the SPFL (this is a change as it wasn't the case in the past and Queen's Park used it for their Professional status players who must now sign as Professionals, I guess receiving the token £1 a week.)

Amateur: A player who does not get paid to play and does not have Professional status. Expenses only. A player can move from Professional to Amateur status only once in his career, hence the need for the Non-Contract Professional form, as amateur status is not regained lightly. Can be used by any Registered/Full Member of SFA.

Youth: The form used to register school-aged players directly to a Senior club.

All of the clubs using the forms above are classed as 'Non-Recreational'.

Recreational: The form used for players of any age in clubs affiliated to Scottish Youth FA, Scottish Welfare FA, Scottish Amateur FA, Scottish Women's FA etc.

Further exciting reading: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1842/scottish-fa-registration-procedures.pdf

Most of the clubs in the non-leagues will have a mix of players on Professional, Amateur and Non-Contract forms, likely heavily weighted towards one or other. A club in North Region is likely to not have players who have played on a Pro form so will have mainly Amateurs while a similar sized club in the Central belt that does not want to pay players will have access to more ex Senior U19/20 players so will use Non-Contract a lot more for these Professional-status players playing for expenses only. The bigger clubs will be paying their players so will use the Professional form in most cases.

On Goudie's much-ridiculed point, p186 contains the following definition of Professional Club:

Why thank you sir, so I was right after all, who would have thunk it! :)

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Clydebank making their way back to the seniors. What happened to them losing their identity to those crooks running Airdrie FC was nothing short of scandalous.
I used to love away games at Kilbowie and used to go to some of their home games with a Bankie mate when Clyde were away. Their fans are still very passionate about the club which is lost at junior level.

16 hours ago, Tommy's Ring said:

I'd love to see Clydebank making their way back to the seniors. What happened to them losing their identity to those crooks running Airdrie FC was nothing short of scandalous.
I used to love away games at Kilbowie and used to go to some of their home games with a Bankie mate when Clyde were away. Their fans are still very passionate about the club which is lost at junior level.

Can I ask, if your analysis regarding Bankies being lost is right, why moving to EOSL will make any difference? It is interesting that being lost at Junior level is in someway not down to the club itself, the implication that it is the grade to blame. As I have said no gripe with Bankies, but this stance does seem to be a tad flawed!

Can I ask, if your analysis regarding Bankies being lost is right, why moving to EOSL will make any difference? It is interesting that being lost at Junior level is in someway not down to the club itself, the implication that it is the grade to blame. As I have said no gripe with Bankies, but this stance does seem to be a tad flawed!

The word 'lost' refers to the passion and resultant atmosphere Bankies fans create at their games. I've been to lots of junior grounds and to be honest, there's more atmosphere on the moon, even when there's a decent crowd. Or maybe I'm being too nostalgic about a club who 40 years ago played in the top flight, produced some top players and contributed a lot more to the game than most

It could just be that some Bankies fans don’t enjoy junior football? Ive seen a few comment that they just don’t like the set up and it puts them off. All the cups and fixtures squeezed in playing 3 times a week in April/May not knowing who you’re going to play until the week of the game, its easy to see why some people may not agree with your view. I’m somewhat on the fence, I can see why the junior game appeals to say Talbot, their main rivals are all the villages near it and they get support from the local area through that, but I can also see why that perhaps doesnt appeal to other clubs. Maybe the best thing would be for a split in the junior grade, those who want to go to a newly formed WOSL or EOSL2 can do so and the others happy with the big fish in the pond or clubs who don’t have the infrastructure can remain as they are. I mean surely a return to Ayrshire and Central would appeal to Talbot because thats what they thrive on, local rivalries?

35 minutes ago, Tommy's Ring said:

The word 'lost' refers to the passion and resultant atmosphere Bankies fans create at their games. I've been to lots of junior grounds and to be honest, there's more atmosphere on the moon, even when there's a decent crowd. Or maybe I'm being too nostalgic about a club who 40 years ago played in the top flight, produced some top players and contributed a lot more to the game than most

I can turn that on it's head and state that I have been to Senior games where there was little or no atmosphere, and Junior games where it was electric. Lack of atmosphere and subsequently having bucket loads is not defined by the grade. I remember Bankies had about 50 fans at Ayr in the lead up to their demise, so works both ways.

54 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It could just be that some Bankies fans don’t enjoy junior football? Ive seen a few comment that they just don’t like the set up and it puts them off. All the cups and fixtures squeezed in playing 3 times a week in April/May not knowing who you’re going to play until the week of the game, its easy to see why some people may not agree with your view. I’m somewhat on the fence, I can see why the junior game appeals to say Talbot, their main rivals are all the villages near it and they get support from the local area through that, but I can also see why that perhaps doesnt appeal to other clubs. Maybe the best thing would be for a split in the junior grade, those who want to go to a newly formed WOSL or EOSL2 can do so and the others happy with the big fish in the pond or clubs who don’t have the infrastructure can remain as they are. I mean surely a return to Ayrshire and Central would appeal to Talbot because thats what they thrive on, local rivalries?

There are lots to Junior football, local rivalries are great, but so is traveling to big clubs in the East for cup ties. You do make some decent points, but I don't endorse the big fish theory, why would Talbot stay in a small local set up with clubs with little infrastructure, when Talbot have a fantastic model. You mistake self awareness for lack of ambition. Your point is fair enough regarding where Clydebank came from and why they would want to move. However, I'm still not convinced about what was holding them back not  being down to the club itself, at least in some way.

On 10/03/2018 at 21:23, fan of the juniors said:

Sorry but looking through the multitude of posts recently . The argument is really without point. Bankies have found their level & are now realising the only way they can try to grab at former glories is to dive in blind to wherever they think they can grab onto next. Where are they gonna go? It’s either the East or the South league . East is the better option organisation wise but it means a trip to Edinburgh or further every week . The South league would probably be an easier shout as the teams are no better than your top amateur sides . A season or 2 & your in the lowland league with BSC , edusport etc with no fans & nothing much else . Be careful what you wish for

Well if Kilbirnie aint interested, what I would wish for is a Lowland League with Linlithgow Rose, Clydebank, Spartans, East Kilbride, Beith, East Stirling, Boness United, Pollok, Whitehill Welfare etc etc. Be careful what you wish for Kilbirnie.

Well if Kilbirnie aint interested, what I would wish for is a Lowland League with Linlithgow Rose, Clydebank, Spartans, East Kilbride, Beith, East Stirling, Boness United, Pollok, Whitehill Welfare etc etc. Be careful what you wish for Kilbirnie.

Where did I say I wasn’t interested? Just saying that going down the route available at the moment isn’t in my opinion the way to go . Granted it’s the only route going just now but give it a year or so & new doors will be opening

Where did I say I wasn’t interested? Just saying that going down the route available at the moment isn’t in my opinion the way to go . Granted it’s the only route going just now but give it a year or so & new doors will be opening
Doors will only open if the clubs themselves do something to make it happen but the message from the west (publicly at least) seems to be that no one wants to stick their head above the parapet first.

5 minutes ago, Footylife95 said:

You say you don't have a gripe with Clydebank, yet you subtly undermine the club in every post, implying that Auchinleck are in some way superior to them and indeed any other junior club mentioned.

They're a big fish in a wee pond. Accept it, move on.

Best route for them to be taking IMO.

Totally refute that, my point about blaming the grade is relevant. I also understand why Bankies want to pursue this route, but have my reservations as to whether it will work out, which ties in with my point about blaming Juniors. It is possible to not agree but have respect. As far as Talbot being superior, don't understand where your coming from as to that being my point but since you brought it up, I think it fair to say they are a bit ahead with regards to trophies and infrastructure  since Bankies inauguration in the Juniors. The big fish claim is a cliché, lazy and predictable. It is the context of what is on offer that I  arguing from, and how to progress, not who is bigger or better. There isn't a viable option in many cases, Bankies are taking a gamble IMHO.

Totally refute that, my point about blaming the grade is relevant. I also understand why Bankies want to pursue this route, but have my reservations as to whether it will work out, which ties in with my point about blaming Juniors. It is possible to not agree but have respect. As far as Talbot being superior, don't understand where your coming from as to that being my point but since you brought it up, I think it fair to say they are a bit ahead with regards to trophies and infrastructure  since Bankies inauguration in the Juniors. The big fish claim is a cliché, lazy and predictable. It is the context of what is on offer that I  arguing from, and how to progress, not who is bigger or better. There isn't a viable option in many cases, Bankies are taking a gamble IMHO.

I read on twitter that Clydebank have a youth structure with over 200 kids a week at ages 7-20 playing for Clydebank and a girls team and connections with a disability futsal team. Included in that number is last seasons u19 scottish cup winners How many kids/youth teams do Talbot have out of interest? Is their youth ‘infrastructure’ superior to that?
Granted Auchinleck have a tidy junior ground, its really impressive, Clydebank also appear to have a good solution in place for Holm Park, i’ve been told it’ll be a 4g park with modern changing facilities, floodlights and two enclosures on each side (double the size of the existing one, giving cover for over 1000), if all that has been budgeted for and i’ve been told this by someone involved in the project then the future is very bright for both Yoker and Clydebank surely?
Add to that that Clydebank will be able to apply for serious amounts of funding for stadium upgrades as an EOSL/SFA club then they could develop a ground which is actually superior to that of Talbot.
Interesting times await as we approach a crossroads for the future of the lower league game in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Gimme said:
1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

Doors will only open if the clubs themselves do something to make it happen but the message from the west (publicly at least) seems to be that no one wants to stick their head above the parapet first.

Well there's the heart of the problem. Instead of a properly constructed, logical integration the onus falls on the clubs to engage in a slice and dice approach.  That's actually a disgraceful dereliction of duty on the part of the football authorities. 

Any sane person  can see that the lack of a dedicated pyramid league in the most densely populated part of Scotland is an absolute nonsense. 

Allied to that, rather than integrate the east, one or other "side" needs to apply to join the other. 

If this is what the SFA (responsible for the current pyramid) or the SJFA (responsible for the majority of non league clubs with more than amateur status) are coming up with, the game is totally fucked. 

I'm actually getting closer to just chucking watching non league football and I can certainly see why it's dying on its arse. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I read on twitter that Clydebank have a youth structure with over 200 kids a week at ages 7-20 playing for Clydebank and a girls team and connections with a disability futsal team. Included in that number is last seasons u19 scottish cup winners How many kids/youth teams do Talbot have out of interest? Is their youth ‘infrastructure’ superior to that?
Granted Auchinleck have a tidy junior ground, its really impressive, Clydebank also appear to have a good solution in place for Holm Park, i’ve been told it’ll be a 4g park with modern changing facilities, floodlights and two enclosures on each side (double the size of the existing one, giving cover for over 1000), if all that has been budgeted for and i’ve been told this by someone involved in the project then the future is very bright for both Yoker and Clydebank surely?
Add to that that Clydebank will be able to apply for serious amounts of funding for stadium upgrades as an EOSL/SFA club then they could develop a ground which is actually superior to that of Talbot.
Interesting times await as we approach a crossroads for the future of the lower league game in Scotland.

Talbot have a football academy ranging from toddlers to U19.

Archived