Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

You cant surely think that ALL Talbot fans wish Clydebank to fail in their attempt to return to the senior ranks.The way i see it is,all their past history is at senior level playing at the top end of Scotttish football and they've never quite been comfortable playing at this level and have every right to persue the avenue  thats open to them.Myself and dipple posted as such and i believe Isa has no quams about Clydebank moving,more that some teams are aquiring higher status by moving leagues than their footballing ability dictates (im assuming as i dont know him personally).So if your taking Talbot fans views on the strength of quan........harrys corner,well....ill say no more

My Talbot chum, you’re right, I have no gripe with Bankies, and don’t really have a problem because they couldn’t quite cut it at Junior, although they can’t really be surprised if some call them out on that. My gripe is how fake the whole pyramid sham is,  how it encourages institutions not suitable, how it is not really a pyramid and how clubs like Bankies seem to know this, but are consumed by the desire to be senior will go along with it anyway compounding the sham. 

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is Isa ... Talbot have done really well for what - 30 years now ? Just how can they progress from here ? Where can they go ?  But that's your concern ... im not going to start a several hundred post thread about your glass ceiling. 

Ach, Talbot pay their players and by that definition are not amateur, they're  paid so are part time professional. You talk about me dripping in condescension, then come away with a pathetic attempt at one-up-manship like that. Please not five pages as to whether the Juniors are professional or not, my point was that Talbot are particularly well run and are part time. There is no chance that Clydebank will ever attain full time status and therefore could adopt a similar model, so the point is relevant!

No need for 5 pages. Juniors are most definitely not professional.

Easy.

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

He really does rattle a few cages on here for sure. As for the clydebank part pretty much agree with it all.

Surely it is time to end this continual battle of 'junior v senior' football, which goes around in circles !  No longer interesting IMO.  So :

*  good luck to Bankies in the seniors, whether it is East or South,  as it won't be an easy route to success, but it is good to be ambitious

* good luck to Talbot and other junior clubs who want to stay junior, as you/they will need it  because most football fans  want their club to be both successful and ambitious.

The  pyramid will continue to improve, and whether now or in the future,  most leading West juniors will be part of it.

13 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Thing is Isa ... Talbot have done really well for what - 30 years now ? Just how can they progress from here ? Where can they go ?  But that's your concern ... im not going to start a several hundred post thread about your glass ceiling. 

My Bankie friend, Talbot had a hiatus from holding trophies aloft for 29 years, 1949 till 1978. Since then they have only had a couple of trophy-less seasons, before they regained the Scottish in 86 they had eight years of winning everything but the Scottish including a record breaking run in the West which was considered very prestigious then. I think it fair to say they have set high standards for 40 years. My friend, I have no concern about Talbot being placed in a pyramid system, they would be absolutely fine and find their level achieving success no doubt. My gripe is that no such thing exists and, despite some opinion to the contrary, this is not Talbot's or any big west Junior teams fault. We then have a scenario where some suggest that my team will need luck as they predict the demise of the Junior Grade, while some, me included, suggest Bankies will need it as where you are heading not good.

Some say I'm obsessed and should leave it alone, I say that my points are relevant and I should shout it where ever I can, how else will you evoke change?

ive been very clear about my regard for Talbot ... indeed ive rarely come across folk i didnt like in the Juniors.  Good folk and good times.

I told Tam Johnson before we were accepted into the Juniors that our longer term aim was a return to Senior football when it was possible - but in the meantime we'd try to be good and positive members of the SJFA. I think we've been that. We've given it a good go and I hope we will continue to be this while we are a Junior club. 

If / when we do move to another grade it will be with a tinge of sadness for what we leave behind but also with hope and optimism for what lies ahead

ive been very clear about my regard for Talbot ... indeed ive rarely come across folk i didnt like in the Juniors.  Good folk and good times.
I told Tam Johnson before we were accepted into the Juniors that our longer term aim was a return to Senior football when it was possible - but in the meantime we'd try to be good and positive members of the SJFA. I think we've been that. We've given it a good go and I hope we will continue to be this while we are a Junior club. 
If / when we do move to another grade it will be with a tinge of sadness for what we leave behind but also with hope and optimism for what lies ahead

Here endeth the thread surely?

Sorry but looking through the multitude of posts recently . The argument is really without point. Bankies have found their level & are now realising the only way they can try to grab at former glories is to dive in blind to wherever they think they can grab onto next. Where are they gonna go? It’s either the East or the South league . East is the better option organisation wise but it means a trip to Edinburgh or further every week . The South league would probably be an easier shout as the teams are no better than your top amateur sides . A season or 2 & your in the lowland league with BSC , edusport etc with no fans & nothing much else . Be careful what you wish for

34 minutes ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Interesting articles in the Clydebank Post this week..........

For those wanting to have a look http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/sport/clydebankfc/

3 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Bankies have found their level & are now realising the only way they can try to grab at former glories is to dive in blind to wherever they think they can grab onto next.

Right now there level is in the top division in their Region, and with that division expanding they are more likely to stay there in the long term. Winning the league or the Scottish would be a nice foot note and a great memory, but they are events that won't change the club in the long term.

Having been discussed as a candidate for the Lowland League, I don't think anyone could say they are going in to this blind. I'm sure as a committee/fans/trust their fans have considered all their options.

Clydebank fans seem more interested in getting their stadium sorted and improving their youth system. The only people that seem to discuss former glories are fans of other clubs, which I find particularly strange. Clydebank in their Senior stint never won the Scottish Cup, League Cup or Challenge Cup or even contested a Final in any of those competitions. Their last division title was in 1976. Does that mean there is glory in bouncing around the national leagues without having silverware to show for it?

Sorry but looking through the multitude of posts recently . The argument is really without point. Bankies have found their level & are now realising the only way they can try to grab at former glories is to dive in blind to wherever they think they can grab onto next. Where are they gonna go? It’s either the East or the South league . East is the better option organisation wise but it means a trip to Edinburgh or further every week . The South league would probably be an easier shout as the teams are no better than your top amateur sides . A season or 2 & your in the lowland league with BSC , edusport etc with no fans & nothing much else . Be careful what you wish for

Edinburgh or Kilbirnie, I know what place I’d rather go to for a match.

10 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Lowland league might struggle for a fan base with several teams, but I think it will be a very competitive league in the not too distant future. Good luck to them if they move across.

Just on the whole 'professional', 'semi-professional' thing, the Scottish FA recognises players in the following categories:

Professional: Someone that is paid to play football. There is no further division into whether this is £1 a week or £1000 a week,  if you receive money to play football, you are a professional (the SFA defines this as 'renumeration or consideration of any sort'). This form can be used by all Registered/Full Members of the SFA, from Aberdeen to Aberdeen East End, Wishaw to Whitehill Welfare.

Non-contract Professional: A player of Professional status that is not paid to play. You cannot sign an amateur form with Professional status, so this exists for those players. Expenses only. This form is not permitted to be used by clubs in the SPFL (this is a change as it wasn't the case in the past and Queen's Park used it for their Professional status players who must now sign as Professionals, I guess receiving the token £1 a week.)

Amateur: A player who does not get paid to play and does not have Professional status. Expenses only. A player can move from Professional to Amateur status only once in his career, hence the need for the Non-Contract Professional form, as amateur status is not regained lightly. Can be used by any Registered/Full Member of SFA.

Youth: The form used to register school-aged players directly to a Senior club.

All of the clubs using the forms above are classed as 'Non-Recreational'.

Recreational: The form used for players of any age in clubs affiliated to Scottish Youth FA, Scottish Welfare FA, Scottish Amateur FA, Scottish Women's FA etc.

Further exciting reading: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1842/scottish-fa-registration-procedures.pdf

Most of the clubs in the non-leagues will have a mix of players on Professional, Amateur and Non-Contract forms, likely heavily weighted towards one or other. A club in North Region is likely to not have players who have played on a Pro form so will have mainly Amateurs while a similar sized club in the Central belt that does not want to pay players will have access to more ex Senior U19/20 players so will use Non-Contract a lot more for these Professional-status players playing for expenses only. The bigger clubs will be paying their players so will use the Professional form in most cases.

On Goudie's much-ridiculed point, p186 contains the following definition of Professional Club:

Means a Club in full membership of the Scottish FA, Clubs in membership of Affiliated Associations and Junior Clubs;

On 08/03/2018 at 21:19, BANKIEBILL said:

Look time will tell about how we do. Bankies went into administration because the owners sold the ground and moved out the town ... In the few years before leaving Kilbowie we reached the Cup Semifinal , drew with Aberdeen at Pittodrie and  put St Mirren out in a replay ... that wasnt a million years ago. That won't return immediately but a refurbished ground and some hard work will get us part of the way along.  A lot of the comment is based on the premise that we're getting ahead of ourselves... id not worry about that ... 

Well said Bill...

It will be interesting to see how it pans out for Clydebank. It's not as though there isn't a big enough catchment area between Clydebank and the entire West side of Glasgow. Renfrew might even be closer to Holm Park than say the far end of Dalmuir. The old Senior Clydebank never had the greatest crowds but could still bring in 3/4 times the average Pollok crowd. Would Clydebank punters pay say double the price for the likes of visit from Edinburgh City? Admit i'm more curious in the coming seasons who will drop out from the old named Senior clubs in the years to come. Would only take a few bad seasons and not a lot of money coming in and half the Seniors could be playing the likes of Whitehill Welfare. Anyway good luck Bankies.

Archived