Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Incidentally, if Clydebank are to have any chance of realising their ambitions, it might not do them any harm to have a look at Talbot as a model of a professional part time club, after all it did go belly up for them first time round, did it not? 

It’s hard to draw comparisons between what happened pre juniors and where we are now. The ownership and operating structures are a million miles removed.

Unless of course you mean Talbot going belly up and their recovery since the early 70’s...

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

On the kelty thread I believe they get decent crowds considering they are EOSL will bankies stand to gain more fans by making the switch? I have no idea of crowd numbers I just asking from guys who know the level more.

Kelty get between 150 and 200. Why do you think Bankies crowds will go up in the EOSL? None of these teams will bring anyone other than committee and family of players. It appear that you take the default position as a senior follower, in that it is assumed that crowds will be bigger.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It’s hard to draw comparisons between what happened pre juniors and where we are now. The ownership and operating structures are a million miles removed.

Unless of course you mean Talbot going belly up and their recovery since the early 70’s...

It was more of a response to the new fishing merchant on the forum. Incidentally Talbot never went belly up, they almost did but interestingly it had the effect of galvanising and projecting the club forward, that period would probably be of great interest to sports historians and economists.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A what now?

I would like to think that somehow they would be part of a vibrant non league within a pyramid where they, and everyone else, could really find their true level. Please, don't insinuate that the ball is in their court, it isn't, which is why I have such a gripe with it all.

23 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Kelty get between 150 and 200. Why do you think Bankies crowds will go up in the EOSL? None of these teams will bring anyone other than committee and family of players. It appear that you take the default position as a senior follower, in that it is assumed that crowds will be bigger.

Marshmallo seems to put a dislike every post I make, tell me what on earth merits a dislike on this post? Why would you think Bankies will draw bigger crowds? Surely a reasonable question to ask.

1 minute ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I would like to think that somehow they would be part of a vibrant non league within a pyramid where they, and everyone else, could really find their true level. Please, don't insinuate that the ball is in their court, it isn't, which is why I have such a gripe with it all.

I'm not sure your reply is relevant to the question I was asking. 

You said Talbot were a "professional part time club". It's an oxymoron, if you're part time you aren't professional and if you play in the Juniors you definitely aren't professional. 

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure your reply is relevant to the question I was asking. 

You said Talbot were a "professional part time club". It's an oxymoron, if you're part time you aren't professional and if you play in the Juniors you definitely aren't professional. 

Ach, Talbot pay their players and by that definition are not amateur, they're  paid so are part time professional. You talk about me dripping in condescension, then come away with a pathetic attempt at one-up-manship like that. Please not five pages as to whether the Juniors are professional or not, my point was that Talbot are particularly well run and are part time. There is no chance that Clydebank will ever attain full time status and therefore could adopt a similar model, so the point is relevant!

20 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ach, Talbot pay their players and by that definition are not amateur, they're  paid so are part time professional. You talk about me dripping in condescension, then come away with a pathetic attempt at one-up-manship like that. Please not five pages as to whether the Juniors are professional or not, my point was that Talbot are particularly well run and are part time. There is no chance that Clydebank will ever attain full time status and therefore could adopt a similar model, so the point is relevant!

Part time professional ? That's a new 1

1 minute ago, kenny131 said:

Part time professional ? That's a new 1

God sake, type in part time professional in google and tons of jobs come up, with that description. Actually this illustrates so clearly why these debates go nowhere, some in football are so up themselves it's not true. So, how would you or our sons of the rock describe someone who does a job, gets paid but not full time? FFS!

48 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

We don't need 5 pages on whether the juniors are professional or not - they aren't.  Even if we're ignoring the semantics here, if Clydebank were looking for an example of how to run their club I'm not sure choosing one which is outside of the leagues they want to play in (and has no desire to, currently) would be the best idea. Surely looking at League 1/Championship part-time clubs would be more pertinent, given that will be the level they aspire to (eventually) as a part time semi-pro side.

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I think bankies are likely to get a wee spike in attendance on turning to the seniors and then perhaps a decent average attendance throughout the season depending on results. If they make it to the LL then attendances are likely to go up again. If they get access to the challenge cup through being competitive and finishing top 4, there is always the chance of meeting some of the big championship clubs and their decent support. 

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Marshmallo seems to put a dislike every post I make, tell me what on earth merits a dislike on this post? Why would you think Bankies will draw bigger crowds? Surely a reasonable question to ask.

I'm not sure they would get bigger crowds averaged over a season, but the peaks might be higher due to the novelty of returning to the Seniors. When you look at the crowds they were getting entering the Juniors it wasn't about who they were playing, it was about supporting Clydebank. That's something that won't be changing.

1 hour ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Clydebank will definitely get a shot in the arm attendance wise if they go back senior , more so if they hit the ground running and get to the LL reasonably quickly , everyone loves a " comeback " story of such and it would capture the imagination a wee bit and maybe even amongst the anoraks down south who at times salivate at this sort of stuff In terms of coming back through the league's , everyone at beith and most other clubs  would wish the bankies nothing but the best , as for the talbot fraternity on here that's a different animal it would seem :)......................

You cant surely think that ALL Talbot fans wish Clydebank to fail in their attempt to return to the senior ranks.The way i see it is,all their past history is at senior level playing at the top end of Scotttish football and they've never quite been comfortable playing at this level and have every right to persue the avenue  thats open to them.Myself and dipple posted as such and i believe Isa has no quams about Clydebank moving,more that some teams are aquiring higher status by moving leagues than their footballing ability dictates (im assuming as i dont know him personally).So if your taking Talbot fans views on the strength of quan........harrys corner,well....ill say no more

4 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

God sake, type in part time professional in google and tons of jobs come up, with that description. Actually this illustrates so clearly why these debates go nowhere, some in football are so up themselves it's not true. So, how would you or our sons of the rock describe someone who does a job, gets paid but not full time? FFS!

I would describe it as part time 

9 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

You cant surely think that ALL Talbot fans wish Clydebank to fail in their attempt to return to the senior ranks.The way i see it is,all their past history is at senior level playing at the top end of Scotttish football and they've never quite been comfortable playing at this level and have every right to persue the avenue  thats open to them.Myself and dipple posted as such and i believe Isa has no quams about Clydebank moving,more that some teams are aquiring higher status by moving leagues than their footballing ability dictates (im assuming as i dont know him personally).So if your taking Talbot fans views on the strength of quan........harrys corner,well....ill say no more

He really does rattle a few cages on here for sure. As for the clydebank part pretty much agree with it all.

My friend, without knowing you or indeed anything about you personally (thank god) you strike me as an extremely unhappy individual. the cause of this is unknown to me, perhaps a girl from Clydebank broke your heart? hence the pathetic bitterness you have towards the football club within the town? Who knows. There's also the very high possibility of jealousy, insecurity, self hatred, and/or the unhealthy obsession you clearly have for attention on footy discussion forums or indeed any other form of social communication. As I've said, who knows. It's sad though, genuinely hope you overcome these demons pal. With all that said, your nonsense posts can't be excused. Clydebank aren't exactly a new club.. same name, same badge, same kit, same colours, the same professional football history and the same supporters. Anyone with a decent bit of knowledge on Scottish football knows this. Also, considering they have a professional past it would mean they already have a more successful history than your pub club talbot. You are embarrassing yourself, please stop. Not for me, or anyone else on here, but for you mate. You'll feel much better. It's amazing the moderators haven't banned you yet to be quite honest. 

Pub club supposedly that's out performed Clydebank since the year canteen.
Your trying to live a dream beyond the club's football ability. We all have dreams but I am afraid yours is a wet one.

Look time will tell about how we do. Bankies went into administration because the owners sold the ground and moved out the town ... In the few years before leaving Kilbowie we reached the Cup Semifinal , drew with Aberdeen at Pittodrie and  put St Mirren out in a replay ... that wasnt a million years ago. That won't return immediately but a refurbished ground and some hard work will get us part of the way along.  A lot of the comment is based on the premise that we're getting ahead of ourselves... id not worry about that ... 

8 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Your trying to live a dream beyond the club's football ability. We all have dreams but I am afraid yours is a wet one.

9 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

No skin off your nose then ?

Archived