Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

This thread has blown a wee bit off course due to the pro and anti pyramiders that have hijacked it. I take my hat off to Clydebank due to their push to get back into the seniors where they have a big part of their history. Its a brave decision but its theirs and theirs alone. If Talbot by some streak of bad luck dropped to the amateurs then I think our supporters would be doing our darnest to get back to Junior level. Best of luck to them if they make the jump. 

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:
1 hour ago, HTG said:
That also got fucked into the fire by Ayrshire. 

HTG that not tell you who has the power then? The main teams of the juniors are the west.

Nah. It tells me everyone else should crack on and leave Ayrshire to its own midden.

Financial feasibility and playing standard are not the same thing. LL for most sides would be probably better financially than an East/West merger. The standard might be higher in the junior league but there would be a lot less money.
Germany work on a regional league basis outside their big leagues and it hasn't affected them. SFA couldn't understand that at the time and created an absolute eff up.

If they had a LL East and LL West then maybe we would have been a better solution and better standard.
Who wants to travel to selkirk and hawick when we have healthy great derbies against local sides of a very good standard and a very good league set up in place?

13 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Before you rally the haters to your cause I think you will find not all posters have a god like complex, and definitely not the club. Anybody who has had any dealings with ATFC will find them to be a proud and noble club. This is a forum and the posters who relate to Talbot and are grinding your gears are not speaking for the vast majority of the support. However they are entitled to their views, but tarring us all with the same brush is totally unacceptable. 

Most of you are decent posters and try to debate even isa with his full articles tryst to put points across but that rocket quantum leap aka Harry's Corner brings ill will from many because he trolls almost every thread. Your right in you should all not be tarred with the same brush though.

Most of you are decent posters and try to debate even isa with his full articles tryst to put points across but that rocket quantum leap aka Harry's Corner brings ill will from many because he trolls almost every thread. Your right in you should all not be tarred with the same brush though.
You're just bitter because i know you actually are a cadet rather than a real soldier. Let it go Kenneth or you'll just get bitter about it lol

1 hour ago, Harry's Corner said:

Germany work on a regional league basis outside their big leagues and it hasn't affected them. SFA couldn't understand that at the time and created an absolute eff up.

If they had a LL East and LL West then maybe we would have been a better solution and better standard.
Who wants to travel to selkirk and hawick when we have healthy great derbies against local sides of a very good standard and a very good league set up in place?

Harry what's the actual results when LL clubs have came up against junior sides in the real Scottish?

I think yer talking pish about the standards if ye compare results theres not a lot between the 2...... 

Harry what's the actual results when LL clubs have came up against junior sides in the real Scottish?

I think yer talking pish about the standards if ye compare results theres not a lot between the 2...... 

I think you'll find the odd one off game is hardly a marker for the state and quality of their game. Smaller teams will always up their game to play bigger teams. [emoji108]

No, it still functions as a pyramid structure. East Stirlingshire were relegated from the national setup and have found their rightful place in a regional league. If the standard of the LL was as poor as some on this forum would suggest, then they'd have stomped their way back into the national league by now. They haven't and won't; therefore the pyramid structure is functioning entirely as intended. 
No amount of harrumphing and foot-stomping by Junior teams on the sidelines is going to change those facts.  Nor will it stave off the steady trickle of clubs with ambition to play at a higher level of the game abandoning your rudderless ship. 

Relegation makes a pyramid?

Aye, ok.

No, it still functions as a pyramid structure. East Stirlingshire were relegated from the national setup and have found their rightful place in a regional league. If the standard of the LL was as poor as some on this forum would suggest, then they'd have stomped their way back into the national league by now. They haven't and won't; therefore the pyramid structure is functioning entirely as intended. 
No amount of harrumphing and foot-stomping by Junior teams on the sidelines is going to change those facts.  Nor will it stave off the steady trickle of clubs with ambition to play at a higher level of the game abandoning your rudderless ship. 

Oh and FWIW, the South of Scotland League is a sideline. That's why clubs who could join it are all choosing not to do so.

Erm no, the 'pyramid' aspect of the setup has absolutely nothing to do with the number of clubs per level it refers to the number of regional leagues expanding as you go down the tiers. Which in Scotland it quite clearly does: 1-1-1-1-2-2, with scope for expansion to three league at the bottom with the North Caledonian over time. With promotion and relegation taking place between all of these levels. That is a functioning pyramid system. The idea that is not working because there are twelve teams in the top flight or any of your other laundry list of pathetic whines is utterly ludicrous.
That's not a pyramid. It is, at best, a column.

IIRC Linlithgow Rose have only once lost to a pyramid club below League One (Deveronvale after a replay). They've never lost to a LL, EoS or SoS club.

I'll not post on general pyramid stuff again here, just one last thing to say. I'm neither for nor against a pyramid. I really like the idea of breaking down the barriers between seniors and juniors, but I think Leagues One and Two are highly unappealing. I wish nothing but good things for all but two Scottish football clubs and whatever non-league clubs like Clydebank choose to do, I hope it works out how they want.

Archived