Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you a Talbot fan then?

That newco patter is absolutely bowfin' btw.

Hes a Talbot fan yes and if it helps him through the day then bless him. 

Its a bit mental and kinda like a jilted partner reaction. Talbot will continue to be well run and they will do what's right for them. We're trying to do the same thing ... no disrespect intended to anyone else. 

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, batter it through, that worked well the last time.

Think everybody knows that this isn't the sensible way to do it, but it's the way it's probably going to happen, because the SFA clearly don't want 160 or so SJFA members entering their club licensing scheme en masse or they would have told the SJFA to disband and the regions to affiliate directly many years ago. The top end of the LL is better than expected and will strengthen more over the next few seasons, so the slow drift to the seniors via the EoS league will no doubt continue given that league seems to be welcoming and encouraging it. A second rate looking WoS league that puts a lot of clubs off beyond a few like Clydebank that are confident they can progress further would strike the right balance for the SFA of having the appearance of a pyramid but at the same time not adding too many extra full members. 

15 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Hes a Talbot fan yes and if it helps him through the day then bless him. 

Its a bit mental and kinda like a jilted partner reaction. Talbot will continue to be well run and they will do what's right for them. We're trying to do the same thing ... no disrespect intended to anyone else. 

It's bizarre, yes.  I had no feeling towards Talbot before reading this thread but Harry and Isabel have done a good job of ensuring I have nothing but contempt for them now. I'm sure they'll be gutted about that, of course.

Talbot are a fantastic example of how a small club can build sustainably and be incredibly well run and stable. You shouldnt feel any ill-will against them .. they are remarkable in a lot of ways. Isa is just sooooo pro-Talbot that he finds it hard to be objective at times. Harry - just not sure where that's coming from tbh. 

This argument will go round and round and round. The easiest way to resolve this is to set up the West of Scotland feeder. Could be 1 league, could more depending who joins. The Junior clubs that want to join can leave the rest can stay. Problem solved.

8 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Talbot are a fantastic example of how a small club can build sustainably and be incredibly well run and stable. You shouldnt feel any ill-will against them .. they are remarkable in a lot of ways. Isa is just sooooo pro-Talbot that he finds it hard to be objective at times. Harry - just not sure where that's coming from tbh. 

They may well be well run, but it appears to have given their supporters some sort of god complex. In this thread alone I've seen them try and tell Bankies what's best for their club, tell the seniors what's best for their pyramid and tell the juniors what teams they'd be best accepting into their leagues. It's not a good look.

13 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

Good to see you back Kenny after your cartoon meltdown about vanadalism at Talbot's park. 

Think you have the wrong person Dipped a bum, vandalism at bots park I haven't mentioned anything of the sort or meltdown cool story though.

You should be proud that your playing surface is smooth like a fairway

Think you have the wrong person Dipped a bum, vandalism at bots park I haven't mentioned anything of the sort or meltdown cool story though.
You should be proud that your playing surface is smooth like a fairway
Kenneth has a meltdown every now and again. You're entitled to it mate. Have you got cadets tonight?

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Your probably right there, I absolutely love Talbot. However, I think I am being objective in this. Nothing against Clydebank like them as a club, have stated this not only in this thread. I fully understand why they are doing it. But I am frustrated at the pro pyramid people who cannot see the wood for the trees and kid themselves on that it is heading for some sort of  footballing Nirvana. The whole thing could and should have been better. I actually like the idea of a proper fair rigorous pyramid where clubs could really find their level, which would in turn create a vibrant non league. But too many self fulfilling agendas and subsequent protection of perceived gains and advantages have put paid to that. What we are left with is a moger.

Says it under my name and on my profile. I only asked you as you seem to be ashamed to admit who you support.
Not ashamed one bit lol. However I am well vocal about my team so if you haven't seen anyb I'm surprised lol anyways just waut by for one on the near future.

Ps. This is the only profile I see of you Screenshot_20180305-151108.jpg

I`ve asked this before on several other threads but I`ll ask again. Why do the Juniors need to join a/the pyramid? The dinosaur hunters keep telling everyone that for the vast majority of the Junior clubs nothing will change after joining. So why join?
The counter argument is why do we NEED separate grades of football? That makes no sense. There is no difference between non league senior/junior football aside from the name

14 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

He's clearly having problems padding it out :lol:

2 messages on 2 threads both about me and zero contribution to the actual thread.....sighs......if there was any substance to it, I could use the hard-on that you appear to have for me but given the lack of substance it would be of little use. Now do me a favour, put your tablet/keyboard away and go back to humping your neighbours cat. If it helps you you can even call it Weegieboy....... 

8 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

2 messages on 2 threads both about me and zero contribution to the actual thread.....sighs......if there was any substance to it, I could use the hard-on that you appear to have for me but given the lack of substance it would be of little use. Now do me a favour, put your tablet/keyboard away and go back to humping your neighbours cat. If it helps you you can even call it Weegieboy....... 

We've been down this road before, you gave it big licks on Junior fitba and was going to start a thread extolling its virtues yet we still wait, all talk and no substance but you demand that posters give you reasons why we should all join a Pyramid.

Here's an idea, maybe you should stick to yer promise and tell us all why not. Someone a few pages back posted details of the benefits of joining the East of Scotland League, your turn.

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

We've been down this road before, you gave it big licks on Junior fitba and was going to start a thread extolling its virtues yet we still wait, all talk and no substance but you demand that posters give you reasons why we should all join a Pyramid.

Here's an idea, maybe you should stick to yer promise and tell us all why not. Someone a few pages back posted details of the benefits of joining the East of Scotland League, your turn.

I`ve not demanded anything, I`ve asked by way of response to something posted by others. I`m not in the habit of playing chess with pigeons so this will be the last direct response that I waste on you. Read it carefully. THE DINOSAUR HUNTERS CONTINUALLY STATE THAT FOR THE MAJORITY OF JUNIOR CLUBS NOTHING WILL CHANGE BY JOINING THE PYRAMID. IF THAT REALLY IS THE CASE THEN WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY JOIN IN THE FIRST PLACE?  That`s a really simple and straightforward question now isn`t it?

3 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

I`ve not demanded anything, I`ve asked by way of response to something posted by others. I`m not in the habit of playing chess with pigeons so this will be the last direct response that I waste on you. Read it carefully. THE DINOSAUR HUNTERS CONTINUALLY STATE THAT FOR THE MAJORITY OF JUNIOR CLUBS NOTHING WILL CHANGE BY JOINING THE PYRAMID. IF THAT REALLY IS THE CASE THEN WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY JOIN IN THE FIRST PLACE?  That`s a really simple and straightforward question now isn`t it?

I see it as nothing will change in terms of who they will play if clubs move as a block, but the benefits open and available for having a licence are obvious. Fairly simple. Your turn or are you running away again?

Archived