Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

You dont need to. You can stay exactly where you are and wallow in self-satisfaction. It matters not a jot to our decision or ambition what you do.
Quite likely that Talbot will go another season winning neither of the big two trophies ... and forgoing the income as a result.  At what point does the filthy lucre available to pyramid clubs begin to crack even the sanctimonious veneer of the Junior Gigantus
Please go. Clydebank can be the west test case. Once they have left I really hope a new west league is formed and placed into to pyramid. Amusing times ahead.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Most Junior fans have “big” teams,that’s why they baulk at the pyramid.

Most Bankies fans don’t have a big team as we’ve watched our team beat all of their “big” teams.

I have Aberdeen and could barely tell you who's in the Dons team, given the amount of time I spend on Thistle. I much prefer that. And how do you define most juniors as "baulking" at the pyramid when most sides and fans, as I've said, are more focused on staying afloat at this time of year? I'm not saying the pyramid is bad (its not) or juniors are right to not be involved, but the first priority to most is just staying afloat.

Are you the same Bankie fan who called junior outfits "parochial" on Bankies Banter?

Surely the current questionnaire sent out by the SJFA regarding opinions on the current pyramid and the proposed amendments is the firt step in changes to the not fit for purpose system we have at the moment. 
I would imagine most clubs would opt for the West Premier going in at level 6 thus allowing access to licensing and the benefits it brings.

If this were to be in place pretty quickly disruption would be minimum and Clydebank would be nuts going to the EOS.

55 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I have Aberdeen and could barely tell you who's in the Dons team, given the amount of time I spend on Thistle. I much prefer that. And how do you define most juniors as "baulking" at the pyramid when most sides and fans, as I've said, are more focused on staying afloat at this time of year? I'm not saying the pyramid is bad (its not) or juniors are right to not be involved, but the first priority to most is just staying afloat.

Are you the same Bankie fan who called junior outfits "parochial" on Bankies Banter?

Wasn’t me 

17 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

Surely the current questionnaire sent out by the SJFA regarding opinions on the current pyramid and the proposed amendments is the firt step in changes to the not fit for purpose system we have at the moment. 
I would imagine most clubs would opt for the West Premier going in at level 6 thus allowing access to licensing and the benefits it brings.

If this were to be in place pretty quickly disruption would be minimum and Clydebank would be nuts going to the EOS.

In place pretty quickly :lol:

18 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

The way I remember it at a SJFA level they aren't looking to be added to the pyramid until the 2019/20 season. You're also more likely to see a breakaway WoSFL set up in that time rather than waiting around and trying to address the issue of playoffs or integration between the Juniors, SoSFL & EoSFL.

The way I remember it at a SJFA level they aren't looking to be added to the pyramid until the 2019/20 season. You're also more likely to see a breakaway WoSFL set up in that time rather than waiting around and trying to address the issue of playoffs or integration between the Juniors, SoSFL & EoSFL.

My understanding is that the EOSL/SOSL wouldn’t accept the juniors at level 6, East juniors would have to fall in below the EOSL etc. The junior proposal isnt likely to happen. Its also madness to think that there would be a 4 way play off for the Lowland league spot.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My understanding is that the EOSL/SOSL wouldn’t accept the juniors at level 6, East juniors would have to fall in below the EOSL etc. The junior proposal isnt likely to happen. Its also madness to think that there would be a 4 way play off for the Lowland league spot.

This is where the SFA would have to step in. Its daft that a WoS feeder is more likely to be created, than some sort of integration of the EoSFL, SoSFL, East & West Regions.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats the way I see it, there will be a WOSL (few years away), EOSL and SOSL with the junior leagues filling in behind.

Its the way I see it too. Ever since the new of BSC's email came out, a West of Scotland League has seemed inevitable and its likely to be filled by a mix of reserves, juniors, with some amateurs or the next boys club starting a senior age side.

2 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

The West Juniors coming in below the SOS that's a contender for the most ludicrous scenario possible.

Fair amount of SOS are about Ayrshire Amatuer league 2 level.

It is, but its a means of dissuading West Region Juniors from applying and retaining the status of the SoSFL. That's why every West Region Junior should apply to join. Sixty clubs then become SOSFL members and would have the overall majority to arrange the leagues as they see fit, or sixty clubs get rejected and the SJFA can go up the chain of SFA-UEFA-FIFA-CAS about their progression being stunted due to a closed shop.

On 28/02/2018 at 23:26, Isabel Goudie said:

"Growth lies in the seniors"jeez where do you start? The fact that the seniors in this instance is of a standard slightly higher than Sunday morning football, but this in our strange wee country is regarded as a senior grade. The fact that Bankies will win most of their games, the reality is that despite the senior title they will be stepping down a considerable amount in level, so what if they start winning? Travel expenses will be increased to go to games with no attendance worth quoting, home games with no away support. But, I hear the counter, one season and in the LL, great and then what? It is no surprise that Clydebank are looking in this direction, they have hankered for a return to their perceived rightful place ever since they jioned the Juniors. But like Dalkieth they are mediocre, and yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS. Clydebank were born again and welcomed into Junior football, but never maintained any heights and now want to take another route. Like finding the going on the motorway too busy and diverting to an inferior road in the hope it will be quicker. We all know how that usually turns out. Good luck Clydebank , I think you'll need it. 

From a Talbot fan...sure the most under ambitious club in the juniors.... plodding along season after season winning games against the same old teams without an ounce of ambition to progress to a higher level.... your club don't deserve the support they have...why would you want to go along to that year after year....im baffled.... no doubt you'll have a smart arsed answer though eh.....at least Clydebank are showing a bit of ambition and direction...looking to progress and build for the future....are Talbot doing the same...are they bollocks

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It is, but its a means of dissuading West Region Juniors from applying and retaining the status of the SoSFL. That's why every West Region Junior should apply to join. Sixty clubs then become SOSFL members and would have the overall majority to arrange the leagues as they see fit, or sixty clubs get rejected and the SJFA can go up the chain of SFA-UEFA-FIFA-CAS about their progression being stunted due to a closed shop.

Do you think the current SOSFL clubs would welcome (and vote for) a takeover of their League?. 

5 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

From a Talbot fan...sure the most under ambitious club in the juniors.... plodding along season after season winning games against the same old teams without an ounce of ambition to progress to a higher level.... your club don't deserve the support they have...why would you want to go along to that year after year....im baffled.... no doubt you'll have a smart arsed answer though eh.....at least Clydebank are showing a bit of ambition and direction...looking to progress and build for the future....are Talbot doing the same...are they bollocks

:thumsup2

At least we are getting back on topic and not going over the same crap that's been debated that much its going round n circles from forum to forum. :lol:

1 minute ago, santheman said:

Do you think the current SOSFL clubs would welcome (and vote for) a takeover of their League?. 

No, i don't but by applying and being rejected it strengthens their argument that the West Superleague should be given equal standing at Tier 6 and the pyramid we have isn't fit for purpose.  I believe that the majority of the SoSFL & EoSFL aren't licenced, which means they aren't members of the SFA. Why then should those leagues get to be the gatekeepers to the SFA Pyramid.

On 01/03/2018 at 16:19, kenny131 said:

Good luck to clydebank progressive move I think pollok will soon follow them surprised they haven't as of yet as for me i think they could really excel.

If another 2 or 3 top teams move then for me the juniors is practically a total dead duck

You may be right sir.... good post.

All that dross. Talbot don't need to jump ship and have no reason to either. Trust me if any big changes happen by the so called bigwigs then Talbot, Cumnock the likes will be part of that framework. Clydebank have nothing to give apart from wanting to have a bigger slice of the pie.
They won't get left behind and will certainly not air their laundry in public to clowns like you lol.
Probably why they have such a good set up.

42 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

All that dross. Talbot don't need to jump ship and have no reason to either. Trust me if any big changes happen by the so called bigwigs then Talbot, Cumnock the likes will be part of that framework. Clydebank have nothing to give apart from wanting to have a bigger slice of the pie.
They won't get left behind and will certainly not air their laundry in public to clowns like you lol.
Probably why they have such a good set up.

yaaaaaawn.

Archived