Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

1 hour ago, Jeek said:

What's with the 'we allowed them to come in to the juniors' nonsense. At the time I remember it getting a bit of media coverage, they probably did more for the grade than the grade did for them.

Dunno about that but they certainly leave with a clean slate. 

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TFW said:

I'll miss the Bankies. We had one of the best Junior Finals of recent times when we met in 2009. They always travel well in numbers, and I've met some really decent folk over the last few years who support their team.

Having spoken to a number of them in the past I know the feeling of wanting to get back into the SFL isn't spread throughout the support. Forget about progression for a moment, and look at why clubs like the Bankies have little problem in coming to such a decision? Terrible administration, who listen to nobody, can't get fixtures out historically from one week to the next. When they do put them out in advance you find some teams have either 6 or 7 homes games or away games on the bounce. There's nothing at Junior level that says "we need clubs like Clydebank, and here's what we're going to do to help them" because there's NOTHING like that.

That said, I reckon I'd still fancy a weekend trip to the likes of Renfrew of Kilsyth than Elgin or Peterhead (if they realsie their ambition in getting back into the SFL) come January / February

This is a great post. 

Id like to think we were welcomed in with open arms and in turn have made a positive impact in the juniors. We've consistently over the years had one of the biggest followings and been to some fantastic places over the years with many friends made. 

The club as I see it, without outside investment will never really be able to compete financially with those at the very top. The fact we are still competing at the premier league level is a great achievement given the budget. 

The key to this is the potential such a move may have. As noted above many aspects of the juniors hinders its growth. You only need to look at our recent cup final shambles to see that. 

The ideal scenario should be a west league imo, it's a tradegy for the progress of the west clubs that there isn't anything in the pryamid. If its to be the eos or sos then yes it is a gamble and not ideal in terms of travel or standard. But that is only looking at a short term gaze.

Long term the lowland league looks like a decent setup, our U20s would be able to progress in this potentially. We would maybe be a few good performances away from a big Scottish cup tie which would generate money the club has never seen or will prob ever see in the juniors. 

There is definitely a hunger for a strong team in the town. We had ZERO players as part of our academy underneath the first team at the end of the 14/15 season. We had 1 team at the end of the 15/16 season. Now we must have close to 200 players wearing the clydebank badge. The club is going for community status at quality mark. 

Of course that doesn't neccassarily translate to fans we all know the OF affect regardless of geography. But we can certainly develop a strong identity and following within the town.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Groundshare is acceptable as far as I am aware. Unless Yoker take the advice of some and kick us out just to spite us.

Fear not if they do, your senior pals Dumbarton will be here to offer a temporary home.

Fucking delighted at this news, good on the Bankies for showing the ambition to get back to where you want to be and I sincerely hope it works out for you. We need our fucking derby back, it's pish having no one to hate :P

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fear not if they do, your senior pals Dumbarton will be here to offer a temporary home.

Fucking delighted at this news, good on the Bankies for showing the ambition to get back to where you want to be and I sincerely hope it works out for you. We need our fucking derby back, it's pish having no one to hate :P

Hate everyone as a default. It's much easier.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its good that you’re not bitter about it. If Clydebank were of such little concern to you and you’re soooo not bothered why froth over it like this? Looking to the sky from Fenwick moor I can see the steam rising.

If I may can I point out some innacurracies clearly manifesting due to ignorance. Firstly, point of order to do with geography, if there is any metaphorical steam rising you would not see it over the Fenwick moor, more chance nearer Clydebank. This leads nicely to my next point, I have no gripe with Clydebank, because of my location and place of work I know the club and have a definite liking for them. I know some regulars well and enjoy conversing with them. I think they have been a good addition to the Juniors and made the 2009 Scottish final a real occasion by bringing a massive support to Rugby Park, many more than the 4000 credited. They have potentially one of the biggest weekly support in the league and will be missed in the Juniors. I am not bitter towards them, in fact bitter is innacurrate and should be replaced with frustrated. Our game from Juniors through to SPFL is a shambles. None more than the joke that is teir 5 and 6. It would be so easy to make this so much better, but it is only going to get worse. So, when I said good luck to the Bankies I meant it, as I did when I stated they would need it! 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I remember when I found out that the likes of Annan, Dalbeattie and Threave have had their 1st teams in the EoSFL instead of the SoSFL. Then Gretna 2008 opted for the EoSFL when they started up. Highlighted to me that the idea of travel and geography isn't as big an issue as some make it out to be, although its not ideal.

Did the SoS not refuse Gretna 2008?

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

Groundshare is acceptable as far as I am aware. Unless Yoker take the advice of some and kick us out just to spite us.

I know it was tounge in cheek but just so everyone is aware the new ground is a joint venture between clydebank yoker and the council. The stadium committee will be responsible for the running of the ground. 

Could be looking at a Lowland League in 5 years time which contains something along the lines of:

Clydebank

Kelty

East Stirlingshire

Spartans

Cowdenbeath

Clyde

East Kilbride

Gretna

LTHV

That's a decent looking half of the league. If clubs in the Juniors could look further ahead than the end of their noses then it could end up fantastic.

Talbot

Cumnock

Glenafton

Kilwinning

Pollok

Beith

Kilbirnie

Clydebank

East Stirlingshire

Linlithgow

Bo'ness

Bonnyrigg

Kelty

Cowdenbeath

Clyde

East Kilbride

Spartans

Penicuik

Get yer fingers out and we could something like that with strong East and West feeders which would be fantastic. Think a bit longer term rather than whining about "glorified boys clubs" or public park football for a season or once in a blue moon away games at Elgin.

2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

When the Juniors get the boot from the SFA cup (and they will) you’ll be joining us Isa.

When Talbot were first granted access to the SFA cup it was great, the day out at Hearts will live long and we deffo robbed. But, the early rounds are for Talbot a bit of a bind, with the exception of Hearts Talbot have considerably outnumbered every team home and away, including Stirling and Stranraer. So, to be honest these early rounds are seen by the club and supporters as an obstacle in the way of the bread and butter stuff. Infamously Talbot prioritised a Scottish Junior tie over one of these games and unceremoniously  got dumped by Colts. Involvement in this usually affects a teams prospects on trophies they can actually win, and a successful Junior club have major problems with fixture congestion come the business end. I concede that for many the SFA cup is a carrot, however for Talbot, and I suspect other big west Junior clubs, it would take an overhaul of the nonsense that is the current pyramid to get them to follow Bankies, hitting them with a stick of withdrawal from the national cup would not make a difference other than to further provoke the Junior grade. It would also be cutting off their nose as a club like Talbot would boost gates substantially. Kinda sums the whole shite up really! 

Comments that we have stagnated in recent years, maybe we have just found our level? How far could we realistically go in the 'seniors'.

The futher up Scottish football you go the more  you realise it is run for the old firm, i would rather compete against the likes of talbot and pollok than OF colt teams.

6 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Comments that we have stagnated in recent years, maybe we have just found our level? How far could we realistically go in the 'seniors'.

The futher up Scottish football you go the more  you realise it is run for the old firm, i would rather compete against the likes of talbot and pollok than OF colt teams.

Is it not about competing at the highest level possible? Surely Bankies fans are looking at the likes of Edinburgh City and thinking "we could achieve that" as a basic minimum at this point in time?  I'd imagine if Bankies got back to League 2 you'd have a support bigger than theirs (and probably quite a few others in that league). 

OF Colt teams aren't in the league and if fans are listened to they won't be anywhere near it at any point in the future. 

When Talbot were first granted access to the SFA cup it was great, the day out at Hearts will live long and we deffo robbed. But, the early rounds are for Talbot a bit of a bind, with the exception of Hearts Talbot have considerably outnumbered every team home and away, including Stirling and Stranraer. So, to be honest these early rounds are seen by the club and supporters as an obstacle in the way of the bread and butter stuff. Infamously Talbot prioritised a Scottish Junior tie over one of these games and unceremoniously  got dumped by Colts. Involvement in this usually affects a teams prospects on trophies they can actually win, and a successful Junior club have major problems with fixture congestion come the business end. I concede that for many the SFA cup is a carrot, however for Talbot, and I suspect other big west Junior clubs, it would take an overhaul of the nonsense that is the current pyramid to get them to follow Bankies, hitting them with a stick of withdrawal from the national cup would not make a difference other than to further provoke the Junior grade. It would also be cutting off their nose as a club like Talbot would boost gates substantially. Kinda sums the whole shite up really! 

Thought arrogance like this could only be spouted by fans of the ugly sisters!

13 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

The difference is the financial benefits - even taking away the Hearts game money would have been made for each round.  You probably gained more financially from a couple of rounds than win the SJFA version which isn't even sponsored.

So financially a lot of teams are waking up to the benefits of moving and not always for a footballing benefit.  Junior football is fecked run by dinosaurs

Realistically the club should aim to play at the highest possible level. We should be ambitious in a more progressive setup. Its a long long way away, but clubs like Dumbarton, Brechin are part time clubs playing in tier 2. 

We are going about our development the right way. Building from the bottom up. Hopefully in the next 10 years or so we'll see real benefits from our youth coming through and they'll be competing in a much more progressive environment.

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Did the SoS not refuse Gretna 2008?

Predates my time on the forum. So it's an assumption of my part that they chose the EoSFL rather than being rejected by the SoSFL, which I had never considered as both leagues have been quite accomodating more often than not.

Good luck to clydebank progressive move I think pollok will soon follow them surprised they haven't as of yet as for me i think they could really excel.

If another 2 or 3 top teams move then for me the juniors is practically a total dead duck

2 hours ago, BTID said:

I know it was tounge in cheek but just so everyone is aware the new ground is a joint venture between clydebank yoker and the council. The stadium committee will be responsible for the running of the ground. 

Who forms the Stadium Committee? How much are each of the parties putting in?

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Good luck to clydebank progressive move I think pollok will soon follow them surprised they haven't as of yet as for me i think they could really excel.

If another 2 or 3 top teams move then for me the juniors is practically a total dead duck

Just because you mentioned Pollok, this caught my eye on the twitter replies to Clydebank's announcement.

Capture.JPG

Archived