Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

What`s the extent of the re-development

£750k will be used to redevelop Holm Park. It's a joint venture. Will see new security walls, 4g pitch, changing rooms and upgraded terracing. 

As for Goldie, good luck to you too, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in the juniors but if the opportunity arises we have to take it imo. A town of 50k is too big not to have a senior team. The current setup has us stagnating, hopefully the more progressive seniors will build the great progress we've made away from the first team.

With no disrespect intended to Clydebank.

This is all that's wrong with Scottish football - a team struggling within their existing league and ground sharing jumping ship without meeting the proper criteria.

Surely teams should meet basic requirements before being allowed to make this step.

Dalkeith are making the move - should they be barred too?

The only surprise is there aren’t more clubs seeking to make the move.

They have never settled in the juniors. No ground, No major trophies won or a proven record. Mediocre at best.
They are a new club (not the old club as Airdrie hold the old Bankies rights) Their Fans have always been aloof to other juniors fans. I won't miss them. Close the door on the way out. Ta

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

"Growth lies in the seniors"jeez where do you start? The fact that the seniors in this instance is of a standard slightly higher than Sunday morning football, but this in our strange wee country is regarded as a senior grade. The fact that Bankies will win most of their games, the reality is that despite the senior title they will be stepping down a considerable amount in level, so what if they start winning? Travel expenses will be increased to go to games with no attendance worth quoting, home games with no away support. But, I hear the counter, one season and in the LL, great and then what? It is no surprise that Clydebank are looking in this direction, they have hankered for a return to their perceived rightful place ever since they jioned the Juniors. But like Dalkieth they are mediocre, and yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS. Clydebank were born again and welcomed into Junior football, but never maintained any heights and now want to take another route. Like finding the going on the motorway too busy and diverting to an inferior road in the hope it will be quicker. We all know how that usually turns out. Good luck Clydebank , I think you'll need it. 

Och Isabel, sorry you’re an old bitter soul.

I wish the Juniors no harm. I’m actually thinking now who will be my Junior club once Clydebank take the tilt at going senior. Perhaps not your team.

23 minutes ago, BTID said:

£750k will be used to redevelop Holm Park. It's a joint venture. Will see new security walls, 4g pitch, changing rooms and upgraded terracing. 

As for Goldie, good luck to you too, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in the juniors but if the opportunity arises we have to take it imo. A town of 50k is too big not to have a senior team. The current setup has us stagnating, hopefully the more progressive seniors will build the great progress we've made away from the first team.

Having a town of 50k does not equate to the same number being interested in a senior club. Anyway as Stuart says I doubt the town is that size now. I do understand your frustration. But just to be clear, where you are heading is in no way senior, even though it is regarded as so. This for me is the issue, the perception of a Sunday league as Senior senior football. It a pig's ear, a dugs dinner a dreadful creation. But hey, they call it senior do lets go for it! 

4 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Och Isabel, sorry you’re an old bitter soul.

I wish the Juniors no harm. I’m actually thinking now who will be my Junior club once Clydebank take the tilt at going senior. Perhaps not your team.

Surely Yoker! 

yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS.

I would agree that some of the glorified boys clubs that have wormed their way into the lowland league is a shambles but this was largely down to the juniors refusing to get onboard with the pyramid.

Glad teams are starting to see sense and move over, the more that come across will lead to the boys clubs, academies and EOS clubs having to up their game or begin to be pushed down the pyramid.

5 minutes ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Unless they go Senior too...

Well, I think you should wave Bankies off to the promised land with Yoker, resurrect Duntocher Hibs and Bob's your uncle!

25 minutes ago, BTID said:

Who`s funding the £750k and where can the plans be seen

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

As I said my issue is teams moving to a perceived higher level through choice rather than qualification etc.

Teams are taking control of something that should be led by SFA and as such it's not about the football

Do you not think that if the SFA had any intention of showing leadership they'd have done it by now. They've been an absolute disgrace in the way they consider the structure of the game. 

In the vacuum, clubs need to read the signs and make their own decisions. 

Let's remind ourselves - there is very little attraction in junior football these days. The spirit is willing but that's about it. The thing is dying on its arse and it's abundantly clear that sitting apart is only going to speed that process up. 

2 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Clydebank has a population of 26,000.

Not if you include Duntocher ( 7000 ),  Faifley ( 5000 ) and Hardgate  ( around 5000 ) ... 43000 ... Old Kilpatrick was part of Clydebank District and takes it to around the 50000 mark but wasn't really part of the town. For purposes of regarding the area as an identifyable town then 43000 plus OK is reasonable

Clydebank has a population of 26,000.
....and the majority travel up the road to watch the old firm.

I don't care for new clydebank however as its a forum topic at the moment here is my 10p worth.

They are another typical scenario of a BSC Style team with visions of grandeur ambition who may get a spurt of energy but once the lights have died down realisation there isn't much going on at a new club clydebank and fans will once again dwindle away.

You may think it's a bitter response but its a real reply.

All fur coat no knickers

6 hours ago, bankiestu said:

That is fair comment and I don't think many people - including Clydebank fans - disagree with the idea of progression being earned.

However, when there is no other route to the perceived higher level then what are you supposed to do?  Just accept your lot? Clydebank could win the Super Premier League ten years in a row and it would matter not a jot. There is no progression.

The prospect of a more joined up set up does not look likely any time soon. I agree that the SFA should be doing more to make a proper pyramid a reality.  However, the resistance that there appears to be within the SJFA and amongst a number of the clubs, means that any meaningful change could still be years away.

I fully support the decision for Clydebank to attempt to rejoin the senior set up. I feel after a good decade in the Juniors, the Bankies have stagnated in recent years, maybe even gone backwards. I believe this move will reinvigorate the club with a new purpose, and the only possibility of any growth lies in the seniors.

The Bankies are a decent addition to the Juniors and will be a loss when they go but I doubt very much that the grade of football is the main cause of Clydebank's stagnation and it would be a mistake to think joining a different organisational set up will solve issues which appear to be intrinsic to the club itself, so I would hope that wasn't the driving force for those who voted this through as it could prove to be a disappointing decision. 

Best of luck to them when they go, but I'd rather the West avoided the slow death that the East Region is going through by losing clubs one by one and maybe there was a unified push for a WOS League. 

8 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

"Growth lies in the seniors"jeez where do you start? The fact that the seniors in this instance is of a standard slightly higher than Sunday morning football, but this in our strange wee country is regarded as a senior grade. The fact that Bankies will win most of their games, the reality is that despite the senior title they will be stepping down a considerable amount in level, so what if they start winning? Travel expenses will be increased to go to games with no attendance worth quoting, home games with no away support. But, I hear the counter, one season and in the LL, great and then what? It is no surprise that Clydebank are looking in this direction, they have hankered for a return to their perceived rightful place ever since they jioned the Juniors. But like Dalkieth they are mediocre, and yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS. Clydebank were born again and welcomed into Junior football, but never maintained any heights and now want to take another route. Like finding the going on the motorway too busy and diverting to an inferior road in the hope it will be quicker. We all know how that usually turns out. Good luck Clydebank , I think you'll need it. 

Talbot crowd chuggers.

A lot of bitterness here over the results of the vote. A few thoughts on it.

1) The vote is only to investigate the possibility of going senior. It's not a guarantee that we will. It would be a huge dereliction of duty from our side if we did not look at all our options before choosing the one that suits us best.

2) The senior game is balls at the bottom but offers far more scope for growth. Irrespective of where we are now, we have shown in the past that we have the potential to go much higher. If we did move senior, all we would be doing is giving us the chance to fulfill that potential.

3) We are no where near ready to move at the moment, imo. What we do have now is a bit of time to find out what is required and decide if we are capable of doing it. If we are then great, if not then we haven't lost anything from looking. Let's be honest, a significant minority of fans and officials in the junior game have never liked us anyway so upsetting them again doesn't make any real kind of difference.

4) If we moved EOSL or SOSL it would be a drop in standards initially but sometimes you need to take a step back before you can start moving forward again.

5) If you are really upset about this, get it right up ye.

All in I think this is a positive move for us. The SFA and their half arsed pyramid structure is far from ideal but it will soon enough be the only show in town. Given none of the authorities can agree on anything that is remotely suitable to all, the clubs themselves will need to take control for themselves. I will be delighted if we are one of those clubs. Especially if it means I might one day be able to plan a trip home with half an idea of who we are playing, where and when.

I love how the Mon The Juniors fraternity turn on 

8 minutes ago, Ross. said:

2) The senior game is balls at the bottom but offers far more scope for growth.

Pretty good post, sorry to highlight only one part, but I always wonder what it is about this aspect that the Mon The Juniors Da's don't get. 

Archived