Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

Could believe that. Its mental how they are allowed to play on that coo field, Shambles of a park. 

I thought it was only the spurs prima Donna that complained about opposition pitches. Now it's happening at Amateur level, on public parks [emoji85] the referees decided if it's playable. If it's playable then can't be too much of a coo field. Senior and junior teams aren't expected to take their games to alternative parks so why should an amateur team?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result for them in the circumstances, in horrible conditions. Down to 10 men after about 20 minutes.

Didnt get to the game.. just found out score. Even better result if played majority of game with 10 men. Thought with them losing late equaliser last week and having a few missing today added to alba being a good side with home adavantage i didnt fancy chances at all.

Great results for the central teams..... the Burn hanging on for a draw to get replay!

Sets it up nicely for a cracker with Bridgewater n Stpats! 

Will home advantage count For the Water!

Anyone's cup now it's wide open..never get a better chance to lift the big Yin!

Didnt get to the game.. just found out score. Even better result if played majority of game with 10 men. Thought with them losing late equaliser last week and having a few missing today added to alba being a good side with home adavantage i didnt fancy chances at all.

The striker was sent off for something he said to the ref. I think he was happy to get out the wind to be honest. Let his mates down badly, fair play to them bailing him out.

Alba will be disappointed, missed a penalty and a cracking chance at 2-2 then their striker missed an absolute sitter to make it 3-3.

Say what you like about CSAFL but their teams keeping getting through these games, Bannockburn are a certainty next week as well.

Were bannockburn missing lots of playersyesterday? Im sure they will go through next week as for gowdie and sandys i think gowdie will win to set up a good game vs oban in the quarter. I think shortlees and thorn is tie of the quarters and evenly matched. St.patricks to beat bridgewater by the odd goal. 

When is the semi final draw or has it been done?

1 hour ago, Centre.circle.ref said:

How's sandys park lookin for this weekend ? Or have they booked a 3g ?

I have been told that the pitch was fine last week and could easily have been played but Sandys has guys missing and suspended so called the pitch off. they played a game last nite to get guys bans out the way to play saturday. they pulled a flanker for this 1. 

6 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Pretty sure it's the league who allocate fixtures and not the manager of sandys.

Plus as a neutral id want to progress knowing I beat their best team not half a team with players missing. So stop trying to stir the pot!!!!

Sandys got fernie to play midweek and cos their far behind in games the league would never say no loads of teams do it and Im not stirring any pot its what they done and why they done it’ There was nothin wrong with sandys park last week that a fact 

Sandys got fernie to play midweek and cos their far behind in games the league would never say no loads of teams do it and Im not stirring any pot its what they done and why they done it’ There was nothin wrong with sandys park last week that a fact 
Aye and they spanked them 10-0 so couldnt be missing many players

I have been told that the pitch was fine last week and could easily have been played but Sandys has guys missing and suspended so called the pitch off. they played a game last nite to get guys bans out the way to play saturday. they pulled a flanker for this 1. 
I thought you weren't allowed to play any games when Scottish games were called off for that reason

Can't play a fixture on a Saturday . Mid week is a different story . Not a big deal. We have potentially 27 games to play . We had an opportunity to get a league game out the way so we took it . Would not have been fair to put the tie on for the ref to call it off for it being unplayable and costing the goldenhill boys another wack of money . 

Seriously people like to cause a storm in a tea cup. Things like this happen all the time.

I remember a couple years back Shortlees were given the Saturday off because they had hurlford in the Ayrshire cup semi final on the Sunday. Shortlees asked for a league fixture on the Saturday to clear suspensions. On top of that the team they were due to play didn't have enough players so they had some of the Shortlees committee playing to make sure the fixture went ahead.

Teams call fixtures off all the time and fit fixtures in to try help with suspensions and injuries. We all hate it/ comment on it when other teams do it but show me a team that claim they have never done it and I'll show u a liar !

Allways has been and allways will be the case in all walks of football. Any advantage that you can get that will benefit ur team/players u will take advantage of it. Don't see any problem with it aslong as its done within the rules.

So is it looking like Bannockburn and Sandys to progress this weekend then?

It would seem Bannockburn got a good draw last week and now back to full strength they must be heavy favs against Maryhill?

Archived