Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

8 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I think the Scottish is still wide open. I wouldn’t write anyone out yet.

Our league will still have many twist and turns and the fact it’s competitive makes it and exciting year.

We did only score with 2 mins ago but if anyone thinks that was a reflection of the game needs to have been there. We had around 80% possession and should have won the game comfortably, one of the most defensive displays I have seen from any side that we have played in my time managing the club. I suppose when you have had the last 2 weeks harestanes have had coming not to get beat was maybe their game plan.

Good luck to everyone this weekend in their scottish ties 

From what I hear Mick the ball was a yard out in the build up to your goal.....so you had 100% possession off the park

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know where the Shortlees game is on Saturday ? Iv been told Stewarton astro but now been told another team have that booked
According to dumbartons Twitter it's at Grange academy with a 2.30 ko

10 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I think the Scottish is still wide open. I wouldn’t write anyone out yet.

Our league will still have many twist and turns and the fact it’s competitive makes it and exciting year.

We did only score with 2 mins ago but if anyone thinks that was a reflection of the game needs to have been there. We had around 80% possession and should have won the game comfortably, one of the most defensive displays I have seen from any side that we have played in my time managing the club. I suppose when you have had the last 2 weeks harestanes have had coming not to get beat was maybe their game plan.

Good luck to everyone this weekend in their scottish ties 

One of the most defensive displays or one of the best defensive displays you’ve seen mick? Give credit where its due mate it seems they held yous.

13 hours ago, The Mouth said:

One of the most defensive displays or one of the best defensive displays you’ve seen mick? Give credit where its due mate it seems they held yous.

I might be wrong, but surely a top team like Harestanes shouldn't be setting up to just contain Colville?

Michael - I like the way your teams play and obviously the best possession team in amateur football. Although, in my opinion, that can sometimes be a hindrance, there are times where it would suit to be a bit more direct and go hurt teams. Having said that the amount of trophies you have all won over the years, it's hard argue with what clearly works for you.

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, Sunshine On Port said:

I might be wrong, but surely a top team like Harestanes shouldn't be setting up to just contain Colville?

Michael - I like the way your teams play and obviously the best possession team in amateur football. Although, in my opinion, that can sometimes be a hindrance, there are times where it would suit to be a bit more direct and go hurt teams. Having said that the amount of trophies you have all won over the years, it's hard argue with what clearly works for you.

I understand that mate, but aslong as it’s progressive and with a purpose I want us to dominate the ball at all times. 

It doesn’t always work tho, but just my philosophy on how I want us to play, we work really hard on it at training. As you said it’s wokred ok over the last few years but there other ways to win football games that just my way.

I understand that mate, but aslong as it’s progressive and with a purpose I want us to dominate the ball at all times. 
It doesn’t always work tho, but just my philosophy on how I want us to play, we work really hard on it at training. As you said it’s wokred ok over the last few years but there other ways to win football games that just my way.

Best possession team I've came across in my amateur career, I thought we could hold a ball well haha, I like to think we're kinda like a Jack of all trades of a good standard but a master of none team, but gives us plenty to work on at training to get where we want to be...great side Mick

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Who do you think you are Mick ? Guardiola, hahaha.

Colville Park have been the team to beat for a good few years now in the amateur game and having watched them recently its clear to see why. 

Quite believe that as a team they work very hard on there possession dominant style of play but it also helps when you have a full squad of players who are all very comfortable on the ball.

That squad is made up of some of the best players i have seen at amateur level, majority of them would walk into top level junior teams or even lower league senior teams.

Its is alot easier to have a philosophy of this style of play when u have a squad full of that kind quality. 

With respect lesser teams need to find a way to combat that and also carry a bit of luck on the day which from what i hear Douglas did in the Scottish against CP.

Im not having a dig and the guys involved at Colville deserve respect for where they have taken that club to, they have came along way from the team i used to play against.

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, The riddler said:

Who do you think you are Mick ? Guardiola, hahaha.

Haha certainly  not just saying how I run the club that all mate 

St patricks v alba for me tomorrow . St pats could go all the way this year. Shortlees game will be a cracker

Think I’ll go to Shortlees v Dumbarton.

Anyone able to say how Douglas’ and Sandys’ parks are looking? Oban and Maryhill Thistle games, on grass, both definitely playable and the others on 3G will go ahead.

6 hours ago, Sunshine On Port said:

Harestanes will know colville park inside out. Let colville have the ball and sit in nice and tight and defend well. Seems they would have got the 3 pts barring a dodgy goal but can’t comment too much as I wasn’t at the game only going with what a guy said further up but I’m sure the gameplan was to contain colville and take your chances yes.

22 hours ago, Benchmark said:

From what I hear Mick the ball was a yard out in the build up to your goal.....so you had 100% possession off the park

Who telt you that Harestanes lol. 

13 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Think I’ll go to Shortlees v Dumbarton.

Anyone able to say how Douglas’ and Sandys’ parks are looking? Oban and Maryhill Thistle games, on grass, both definitely playable and the others on 3G will go ahead.

Where is shortlees game mate might head to that now im a free day?

Archived