Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

34 minutes ago, Paco said:

What’s the feeling in Forfar about this match being on?

Looking at the forecast it looks pretty certain to be postponed.

Highly likely as significant snow set to fall until Thursday evening, with snow showers on Saturday too, and the temperature hovering around freezing throughout.

Not great conditions to be travelling in either. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

That just outside Forfar?

Yeah on the A90

I normally get in a rage when the Starks Park pitch is frozen but the bit of grass next to the A92 traffic cam at the Cluny flyover is playable. 

Yeah on the A90

Lucky b*****ds.

We’re buried underneath a couple of foot of snow here with a red weather warning and you can actually see Road through there..

Anyway, if this game ends up falling victim to the weather, we kind of need the Arbroath v Ayr game to, also.

On the other hand, would be really shite as that would mean both Davo and Herron would miss the Ayr game through suspension.

Was meant to be heading up to Scotland today to work in our Scottish office for a few days but unfortunately all the trains to Glasgow were cancelled so I'm going to miss it in the very unlikely scenario that it goes ahead. I hope it does get postponed, not because I can't attend but because I don't trust our players not to f**k up in the conditions.

9 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Forfar 5/1 with Hills, huge price v a team who are low in confidence and rank away from home.

We aren't great away from home, but our away form is better than Forfars home form by 6 points.  And despite chucking some points away, we aren't getting beat. Seems a fair enough price to me.  Odds are based on form not low confidence.  

38 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

First first team fixture postponement since the artificial turf was installed in 2012 if it bites the dust.

I know that the board(s) would like the game to go ahead, but how many people will turn up? Could be a worse attendance than playing an evening match. Plus the risk of driving and playing  in the icy conditions.

They're still saying snow, strong winds and hovering about/below zero degrees, not counting the chill factor, up to noon on Saturday - https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2649207

Archived