Famous namesakes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody famous with my exact name, but there was a piece in the Metro a few years ago about my namesake who had gone to Thailand, got MWI for a fortnight - taking all the drink, drugs and sex he could get his hands on - then had a mental breakdown and ended up close to death in a Thai jail. 

My how my friends laughed. 

You've just won a J Arthur Rank and not in a good way.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

One of those guys from the board of film classification?

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You win a bit of my popcorn.

Take it from the bottom of the bag, there is a treat down there.

3 hours ago, PWL said:

My surname is pretty uncommon so all I can find is a BBQ pit master in Houston, Texas.

Having googled it, the food looks braw though. 

My surname is VERY uncommon, there's a Scottish footballer with the same name as my (now brown bread) dad although the first names are spelt slightly differently.  I don't seem to have any doppelgangers,  I'm happy being one of a kind. :)

16 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I share my name with an American academic who does big lecture tours and seems to be a well known figure. My email address is very similar too - I've received some of his emails. On one occasion somebody emailed me and CC'd him because they weren't sure about the address. I jokingly replied to both but the Yank went nuts, complaining that he got a lot of email meant for me and it was wasting his time. He then demanded I change my email address and threatened legal action. Told him to f**k off and haven't heard from him since. 

^^^ Noam Chomsky

I come up 3rd result on a Google search of my name. I've made it :lol:

apart from that my name is shared with some tosser whose invented one of those protein food things for muscle bound tossers and this wifie

ad.jpg.9c338704d5972fc21c164182a4f638f9.jpg

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I come up 3rd result on a Google search of my name. I've made it :lol:

apart from that my name is shared with some tosser whose invented one of those protein food things for muscle bound tossers and this wifie

ad.jpg.9c338704d5972fc21c164182a4f638f9.jpg

I've been wondering who you are!

Archived