Famous namesakes

Do you (or anyone you know) have any famous namesakes?

A former Hearts and current Wigan footballer has the same name as me which led to some friends sending me news articles about said player being linked with several clubs while he was at Hearts and asking me if it's true (great banter eh? :whistle).

I have a friend who has the same name as a Dundee United player who recently suffered an injury and he gets the same treatment and was bombarded with "get well soon" messages when that injury occurred.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you (or anyone you know) have any famous namesakes?A former Hearts and current Wigan footballer has the same name as me

Richey Edwards? Must be down as a trialist as I can't see the name. The Manics had a singer with that name though. [emoji6]

Although not famous, I have a namesake at the same workplace as me. Pain in the arse for emails.

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

'Lyricist' and rhythm guitarist, I stand corrected. ;) 

Thank you.

I work with someone who has the same name as a WWF wrestler apparently (I don't watch wrestling though as it is for BO reekings VLs).

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I share my name with a current Ayr United footballer. 

Hi Alan Forrest/Robbie Crawford/Michael Moffat/Craig Moore/Jamie Adams/Ross Docherty/Jordan Hart/Jack Ruddy/David Ferguson/Paddy Boyle/Mark Kerr/Chris Higgins/Declan McDaid/Andy Geggan/Michael Rose/Craig McGuffie/Lawrence Shankland (delete as appropriate)

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hi Alan Forrest/Robbie Crawford/Michael Moffat/Craig Moore/Jamie Adams/Ross Docherty/Jordan Hart/Jack Ruddy/David Ferguson/Paddy Boyle/Mark Kerr/Chris Higgins/Declan McDaid/Andy Geggan/Michael Rose/Craig McGuffie/Lawrence Shankland (delete as appropriate)

Hi.

I work with someone who has the same name as a WWF wrestler apparently (I don't watch wrestling though as it is for BO reekings VLs).

Hulk Hogan / Roddy Piper / Randy Savage / Ric Flair / Jake the Snake / Rey Mysterio?

Archived